The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure if this has been posted, but here's how it works:

(Please write this down, there will be a test on this material on page 350, which we should reach in about 3 weeks.....)

8.6 Reserve list - Exclusive Rights

(c) College Players.

(ii) If a Player drafted at age 18 or 19 is a bona fide college student at the time of his selection in the Entry Draft, or becomes a bona fide college student prior to the first June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, and does not remain a bona fide college student through the graduation of his college class, his drafting Club shall retain exclusive rights for the negotiation of his services until the later of: (a) the fourth June 1 following his selection in the Entry Draft, or (b) thirty (30) days after NHL Central Registry receives notice that the Player is no longer a bona fide college student; provided that if the Player ceases to be a bona fide college student on or after January 1 of an academic year and the Player: (1) is in his fourth year of college and has commenced his fourth year of NCAA eligibility, or (2) is in his fourth year of college and is scheduled to graduate from college at the end of his fourth year, then in the circumstances described in (1) or (2), the Club shall retain the exclusive right of negotiation for such Player's services through and including the August 15 following the date on which he ceases to be a bona fide college student. The Club need not make a Bona Fide Offer to such Player to retain such rights.

So said college player, after being drafted, could go to the KHL for three seasons, make millions, and come back to be a UFA - even though limited to the ELC restrictions?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

So said college player, after being drafted, could go to the KHL for three seasons, make millions, and come back to be a UFA - even though limited to the ELC restrictions?  

You think NCAA freshman can earn millions in the KHL? Are you actually that dumb?

Nevermind,  I seem to have answered my own question.

Edited by SamJamIam

1 minute ago, SamJamIam said:

You think NCAA freshman can earn millions in the KHL? Are you actually that dumb?

Nevermore,  I seem to have answered my own question.

800,000 over three seasons is millions, no?  You really should keep on that helmet the doctor prescribed.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canucks Curse said:

well he won't be leaving with demo signed. classic JB. I bet demkogoes to free agency. they have to close that loop hole.

You willing to make a bet? 

Would put a lot on the line that Demko signs, same as Boeser. Boeser will probably return to UND for another year though. 

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

800,000 over three seasons is millions, no?  You really should keep on that helmet the doctor prescribed.  :lol:

mathews didn't even get that much overseas what makes you think boeser would

Edited by hockeyking
  • Upvote 1

Brock Boeser named to the NCAA Western Division 1st Allstar team:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/harvard-s-jimmy-vesey-wins-2016-hobey-baker-award-004928872.html

Nice honour for someone who is a Rookie.  ;)

Unfortunately, Demko was robbed of the Hobey Baker award, although he did win the Mike Richter award for Best Goalie.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

Brock Boeser named to the NCAA Western Division 1st Allstar team:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/harvard-s-jimmy-vesey-wins-2016-hobey-baker-award-004928872.html

Unfortunately, Demko was robbed of the Hobey Baker award, although he did win the Mike Richter award for Best Goalie.

There is an award named after Mike Fricken Richter?  :lol:. Now there's something to go on the mantle.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

I recorded the game and I missed the last 2 minutes unfortunately. I really  like Caggiula's game, and Stecher to me is a no brainer for us to go after also BUT.... apparently Edm is going hard after him, hope he remembers the mistake Schultz made by going their and comes home instead!

I would really like to see Boeser go pro.

Utica next season to start

Caggiula McCann Boeser

Unless we are gonna try convert McCann to wing, sounds like they seem to think he had been better on the wing since the move

Edited by Yotes
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

:]

Already a tight group of young stallions in the barn. The Canucks and the Comets have a bright future ahead of them. The more these young guys bond and build chemistry together the better this team will be in a few years.

It's easy to say that only a few of these guys will reach their potential based on the history of other prospects, but I really see a special group here. Tryamkin, Boeser, Demko, McCann, Virtanen and Horvat all growing up together in the pros is promising for the future.

Freshman sensation Brock Boeser is a part of the University of North Dakota’s dynamic “CBS” line. He has performed as advertised and them some this season, as he is one of the nation’s most dominant freshmen. He earned the NCHC Rookie of the Year honor and was among the top candidates for the National Rookie of the Year award, an honor won Friday by Michigan’s Kyle Connor.

Hockey’s Future spoke with Boeser after practice on Friday at Amalie Arena in Tampa as the Fighting Hawks prepared for their NCAA championship game showdown with Quinnipiac University that will take place on Saturday night.

Hockey’s Future: The “CBS” line played a big part in the team’s win over Denver. I know that you, Nick (Schmaltz) and Drake (Caggiula) have played so well together all season long. How were you guys able to develop that chemistry that has made your line so successful?

Brock Boeser: I think we were able to bond together pretty quickly. Nick is a skill guy that sees the ice real well. He can pass and he can shoot, too. Drake is an all-around great passer and shooter and I can be the same way. I think the skills that we each have has enabled us to mold together perfectly. It’s worked out real well good*.

HF: You and Nick also played on the same line at the World Junior Championship with Team USA. So that had to be very cool.

BB: Oh, it was tremendous! I learned a lot from playing with Nick at the WJC because he was with the team last year as well. I think the chemistry that we have also really helped us (Team USA). So it was a really exciting experience.

HF: How has playing with Nick and Drake helped you as far as your developmental progress? And do they sort of force you to elevate your game as well?

BB: They’ve been great with taking me under their wings this year. They’ve shown me just how hard you have to play and compete to be successful not only in college hockey, but to try and get to the pros as well. I think that’s really helped my game and has sort of forced me to raise the level of my play, too.

HF: I know that you were a first round draft pick of the Vancouver Canucks. Coming to North Dakota, was there any pressure on you to have to live up to that expectation of being such a high draft pick?

BB: Not really. There’s always that expectation to play your very best, especially with the amount of talent and (draft) picks that we have on this team, and just the tradition that we have here (at North Dakota). So it really wasn’t too bad.

HF: Did you attend the Canucks prospects camp this past summer?

BB: Yes, I did.

HF: What were you able to learn from that camp that you’ve been able to bring back to North Dakota this season?

BB: I think just the little things that I need to work on to reach that (NHL) level. The coaches would work on different drills with you on and off the ice. They tell you what you’re doing right and what you need to work on. So that’s really helped me a lot.

HF: Are you planning to attend the camp again this summer?

BB: Oh definitely. I expect to see all of the other prospects there too. It should be fun.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/136711/2016-ncaa-frozen-four-boeser-reaping-rewards-strong-freshman-season-north-dakota/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=2016-ncaa-frozen-four-boeser-reaping-rewards-strong-freshman-season-north-dakota

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Alflives said:

Not to my understanding, if they left school and skipped to KHL, you retain their rights, but I think after 2 years, they can reenter the draft.

Remember, the Russian currency is in the tank, not the attraction itit was a few years ago.