The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Who's 10 years older :P

Are there any clips or highlights? Love to see some of those points. 

And who also had 7 points in 59 AHL games last season. Not exactly great competition there.

I doubt they're filming it.

A little off-topic, but is this "da beauty league" that Brock is playing in, associated with a charity or something? Couldn't find anything on their website. I know it's in Minnesota so it could be as simple as just having an opportunity to get some on ice action but would be nice to see the guy continue his charitable ways. 

Just seen he's gone 50% on faceoffs. Was trusted to take a few key faceoffs for UND last season as well.

Edited by DeltaSwede

6 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

A little off-topic, but is this "da beauty league" that Brock is playing in, associated with a charity or something? Couldn't find anything on their website. I know it's in Minnesota so it could be as simple as just having an opportunity to get some on ice action but would be nice to see the guy continue his charitable ways. 

Just seen he's gone 50% on faceoffs. Was trusted to take a few key faceoffs for UND last season as well.

I believe that all of admission is going to charity. 

25 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

I think Boeser's  +1 draft year is as good as any player in the past 10 years of the NHL. Could you imagine the hype he would be getting if an eastern team had drafted him. 

Now consider that Conner had a better year. and a bunch of people in Vancouver haven't even heard of Conner

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Now consider that Conner had a better year. and a bunch of people in Vancouver haven't even heard of Conner

Given the conference Brock plays in and the fact that he lead his team to a championship, scoring four points in the final game, I'd say their years were pretty comparable. And they finished their seasons scoring at around the same clip. Boeser also plays a more complete, all-around game than Connor.

Edited by nowhereman
  • Upvote 1

Just now, ForsbergTheGreat said:

True, Kyle had a monster years as well, but because Boeser year can be compared to the likes of Toews and other big name NHLers there a little more to brag about.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Played in a much weaker conference.  

2 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

Given the conference Brock plays in and the fact that he lead his team to a championship, scoring four points in the final game, I'd say their years were pretty comparable.

Conner was Hobey baker finalist and likely should have won.  I like brock and think he's going to be an all-star in the NHL. but you have to give credit where it's due. If you redue the 2015 draft.  Teams are still taking conner ahead of brock. 

25 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Conner was Hobey baker finalist and likely should have won.  I like brock and think he's going to be an all-star in the NHL. but you have to give credit where it's due. If you redue the 2015 draft.  Teams are still taking conner ahead of brock. 

I do not know about that! If you toke their season just played as their draft year, way more weight is given to playoff performance and Boeser dominated.  How many time do you see players rise many draft ratings after having a good playoff performance. Now when the player is the best player in the playoffs they raise a lot in the rankings. Boeser's playoff was better then his and Connors regular season. He step it up to a an other level when it counted the most. 

Edited by vancan2233
It is Connor not Conner our mistake.
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

I do not know about that! If you toke their season just played as their draft year, way more weight is given to playoff performance and Boeser dominated.  How many time do you see players rise many draft ratings after having a good playoff performance. Now when the player is the best player in the playoffs they raise a lot in the rankings. Boeser's playoff was better then his and Conners regular season. He step it up to a an other level when it counted the most. 

You're kind of proving my point.  Brock is getting a ton of hype in Vancouver because he's a canucks prospect.  Eastern media, even here in Alberta people don't know much about him in fact you rarely hear his name even when they are discussing the canucks.

@Monty

Would you trade Conner for Brock straight up? or to word it better, if we redid the draft would Jets take Brock before they take Conner?

Sorry Monty it must get old anytime a jets discussion comes up people turn to you. 

You're kind of proving my point.  Brock is getting a ton of hype in Vancouver because he's a canucks prospect.  Eastern media, even here in Alberta people don't know much about him in fact you rarely hear his name even when they are discussing the canucks.

@Monty

Would you trade Conner for Brock straight up? or to word it better, if we redid the draft would Jets take Brock before they take Conner?

Sorry Monty it must get old anytime a jets discussion comes up people turn to you. 

Boston could have easily had Kyle Connor but nope

Tbh, I don't know where Connor will fit in the line-up in the future. This guy obviously has top line potential, but Ehlers/Schiefele/Laine will most likely be their top line in the future. It's going to be interesting.

@Monty

You actually proven my point if the jets had taken Boeser, you know all the talk would be how they just got a steal of a pick who in his draft plus year had a better year than Toews did at that age.  It is about the now and you know they would be all over how Boeser had a monster year and looks to be just as good or better than Connor who was ranked higher.

56 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

@Monty

Jets would NEVER trade Connor straight up for Boeser. Don't get me wrong, Boeser looks to be a good pick; but Connor was unreal this season. While he did play in a weaker division, he also played for a severely weaker team than Boeser.

Again, I like Boeser. More importantly, I know the UND team very well. Watch them multiple times per year. So I know how good he is. But with that, he also plays for an insanely good team. 

No slight against Boeser; but there's a reason Kyle Connor is hyped as much as he is.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Monty said:

Jets would NEVER trade Connor straight up for Boeser. Don't get me wrong, Boeser looks to be a good pick; but Connor was unreal this season. While he did play in a weaker division, he also played for a severely weaker team than Boeser.

Again, I like Boeser. More importantly, I know the UND team very well. Watch them multiple times per year. So I know how good he is. But with that, he also plays for an insanely good team. 

No slight against Boeser; but there's a reason Kyle Connor is hyped as much as he is.

Overall I agree with your post but I'd like to point out that Boeser continued to put up great numbers when Caggiuls and Schmaltz went down, numbers that were as good or even better I believe (can't really remember). That's something to consider.

I'd still take KC over Boeser for the speed and the fact he plays center though.

Edited by Wild Sean Monahan

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Even though its almost impossible to not be biased towards your team, us fans have to stop over valuing our prospects.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

Even though its almost impossible to not be biased towards your team, us fans have to stop over valuing our prospects.

Why? The media is very bias towards certain teams and their players. I can name prospects on other teams who I can come up with that deserve more credit too not just Brock. 

Your statemtnt implies one thing but states another. 

7 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

In your opinion.  In my opinion they would not.  In fact Boeser would be top 10 and even higher.  Conner (IMHAO) will be in Europe within 3 seasons.