The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, junglesniper said:

Where are these Domi rumours starting from? I the young winger that they're trying to trade is Duclair

Nobody wants Duclair because he's a soft perimeter player, so Domi defaults as the guy we want.  If Arizon wants Tanev, they give us Domi.  

3 minutes ago, junglesniper said:

Where are these Domi rumours starting from? I the young winger that they're trying to trade is Duclair

Nobody wants Duclair because he's a soft perimeter player, so Domi defaults as the guy we want.  If Arizon wants Tanev, they give us Domi.  

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would love domi. he is like the face of their franchise though.  I think they'd rather deal an older more established player like a Hanzal or something. 

I may be wrong about the face of the franchise but everytime I see a yotes game preview it's always domi and the Arizona Coyotes! 

15 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I would love domi. he is like the face of their franchise though.  I think they'd rather deal an older more established player like a Hanzal or something. 

I may be wrong about the face of the franchise but everytime I see a yotes game preview it's always domi and the Arizona Coyotes! 

Send them Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund/Rodin for a warm body on LW.

They get the top 4 RHD they need, a promising LW and they also have a high pick this year to help replace with a promising forward. 

27 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Don't think we need more players the rest of the league is gonna hate on this team anymore.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Send them Tanev + one of Baer/Granlund/Rodin for a warm body on LW.

They get the top 4 RHD they need, a promising LW and they also have a high pick this year to help replace with a promising forward. 

It makes sense theoretically, sure, but this isn't EA NHL. By trading Domi away they are essentially giving up on a 21 year old dynamic winger who had a stellar rookie season. We get the best player in the deal by far, and in return they get a steady top 4 two-way defenceman and a middle/bottom-six forward. I understand that the Hall-Larsson and Gudbranson trades are really enticing, but each one was due to leverage. Edmonton really needed to change things up because status quo wasn't acceptable after 10 laughable years and embarking on a new era with McJesus. Gudbranson brought in a nice return for Florida but Domi is miles ahead of McCann. Both Edmonton and Van had very poor leverage in those trades and so cost of acquisition was high. Arizona is really just starting their rebuilding with John Chayka taking the helm this year, so why trade their most dynamic winger for a 27 year old when their looking to trade guys like Hanzal and Doan set to retire?

2 hours ago, junglesniper said:

It makes sense theoretically, sure, but this isn't EA NHL. By trading Domi away they are essentially giving up on a 21 year old dynamic winger who had a stellar rookie season. We get the best player in the deal by far, and in return they get a steady top 4 two-way defenceman and a middle/bottom-six forward. I understand that the Hall-Larsson and Gudbranson trades are really enticing, but each one was due to leverage. Edmonton really needed to change things up because status quo wasn't acceptable after 10 laughable years and embarking on a new era with McJesus. Gudbranson brought in a nice return for Florida but Domi is miles ahead of McCann. Both Edmonton and Van had very poor leverage in those trades and so cost of acquisition was high. Arizona is really just starting their rebuilding with John Chayka taking the helm this year, so why trade their most dynamic winger for a 27 year old when their looking to trade guys like Hanzal and Doan set to retire?

Middle 6. None of those guys are bottom 6.

Tanev is an analytics darling and not far off Domi on 'best player' value alone. Never mind adding one of our middle 6 wingers.

Chayka is an analytics guru and they need top 4 RHD and would easily be able to protect him. He also employs a coach whose system relies heavily on defensive play 

A lot of things add up IMO. 

Domi would fit well with say Hischier and Boeser down the line as our first line ::D

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Middle 6. None of those guys are bottom 6.

Tanev is an analytics darling and not far off Domi on 'best player' value alone. Never mind adding one of our middle 6 wingers.

Chayka is an analytics guru and they need top 4 RHD and would really be able to protect him. He also employs a coach whose system relies heavily on defensive play 

A lot of things add up IMO. 

Domi would fit well with say Hischier and Boeser down the line as our first line ::D

As a hypothetical, which of these two would you rather have, considering Tanev going the other way: Drouin or .Domi?  

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

As a hypothetical, which of these two would you rather have, considering Tanev going the other way: Drouin or .Domi?  

Domi all the way to the bank. That guy is a warrior. You want skill,speed,elusiveness,toughness,swagger. That is Domi. 

Cant see why they would want to get rid of him though. Tanev is a very good right D, but Domi-Horvat-Boeser. My god. 

Edited by KKnight
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canorth said:

I think we had surgery last week

I'm assuming it's probably gonna take about a month to heal but I'm no doctor.

Edited by Odd.

NEWS 1130 SportsVerified account ‏@NEWS1130Sports  1m1 minute ago

Just talked with Brock Boeser about his wrist surgery and missing the World Junior hockey Championships. #Canucks

NEWS 1130 SportsVerified account ‏@NEWS1130Sports  2m2 minutes ago

Boeser thinks he may have hurt the wrist at the U-S junior summer camp, they don't know for sure. #Canucks

Boeser says he felt pain when he shot, stickhandled and passed. Surgery was right thing to do. #Canucks

Boeser says his wrist and hand feel great after the surgery. He's looking at 3-6 weeks of rehab. #Canucks

Boeser on no world junior's : "That is tough, it is very hard not being able to represent your country." #Canucks

10 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Just talked with Brock Boeser about his wrist surgery and missing the World Junior hockey Championships. #Canucks

Boeser thinks he may have hurt the wrist at the U-S junior summer camp, they don't know for sure. #Canucks

Boeser says he felt pain when he shot, stickhandled and passed. Surgery was right thing to do. #Canucks

Boeser says his wrist and hand feel great after the surgery. He's looking at 3-6 weeks of rehab. #Canucks

Boeser on no world junior's : "That is tough, it is very hard not being able to represent your country." #Canucks

Sooo he's been putting up these numbers hurt all year...

Silver lining. 

On 12/17/2016 at 3:20 PM, junglesniper said:

I'm all for getting Domi, but if I was arizona, I'm not doing that deal, ever.

Agreed. A similar comparison would be the Leafs offering Jake Gardiner for Bo Horvat. Jake Gardiner is a good defenseman, but this trade would not be good for the Canucks and as fans we would not be happy about it.