The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

If the CBA allows it, the Canucks should sign him this summer to a long-term (6+ years) deal at Horvat or Eriksson money. I think his ELC expires in another year or two. I'm afraid the Canucks will still be bad, maybe worse at that time and he'll bail for big money with a better team like Minny or somewhere else closer to home.

It's obvious that Boeser is our best player. He has made every line he has played with better, and has rejuvenated the PP. Plus, he is constantly improving, his playmaking is so much better, his 200 foot game is excellent and his skating is better than advertised. The only thing that would make him perfect is an extra three or four inches and 20 or so pounds. He is our new Mike Bossy, and should be compensated as such.

I wish some of his professionalism would rub off on Virtanen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluemountain555 said:

Yes, it's the first time that a Canuck has won the NHL all-star game MVP award. Congratulations to Boeser!

However, there were at least two previous cases in which a Canuck should have won but were victims of an obvious injustice.

First in 1983, John Garrett played for the Campbell Conference and played well for the 9-3 win over the Wales Conference. Originally, Garrett was selected game MVP but when Gretzky scored 4 goals in the 3rd period, the judges changed their decision and gave it to Gretzky.

And then in 2002, Markus Naslund played for Team World in their 8-5 win over the Team North America. Naslund scored 2 goals and 1 assist, and that tied him in the scoring lead with North America's Eric Daze who had identical stats. But the MVP award was given to Daze instead, even though the tiebreaker should go to Naslund given the fact that he played in the winning team and scored the game winning goal late in the 3rd period. But apparently, early voting screwed Naslund as the voting was done 5 minutes before the game ended and before Naslund showed his heroics. Talk about a huge injustice!:(

Yeah, with Garrett the commentator was giving the award to Gretzky wheel by wheel as he scored his 4 goals

edit: after a quick search (the internet remembers things more clearly than my mind) I guess it was Lanny McDonald speaking directly to Cheech on the ice

Edited by nzan

54 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

If the CBA allows it, the Canucks should sign him this summer to a long-term (6+ years) deal at Horvat or Eriksson money. I think his ELC expires in another year or two. I'm afraid the Canucks will still be bad, maybe worse at that time and he'll bail for big money with a better team like Minny or somewhere else closer to home.

It's obvious that Boeser is our best player. He has made every line he has played with better, and has rejuvenated the PP. Plus, he is constantly improving, his playmaking is so much better, his 200 foot game is excellent and his skating is better than advertised. The only thing that would make him perfect is an extra three or four inches and 20 or so pounds. He is our new Mike Bossy, and should be compensated as such.

I wish some of his professionalism would rub off on Virtanen.

It makes me wonder if we've forgotten what a quality NHL player looks like the last few years around here (apologies to Bo), let alone an all-star MVP. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

How long till Brock has his own Funko? I already own a Horvat but I need The Flow in all the vinyl goodness.

What’s a Funko?

i heard 

Wellwood interview yesterday, and he lives in 

Vancouver, and plays for the Canuck’s Alumni.

Edited by Alflives

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Hey!  They’re cute as heck!  Canadian Tire?

Picked up mine at the Canucks Team Store, but I know EB games/Walmart/ToysRus carry them. Canucks Team Store will guarantee Horvat though as I didn't see him in stock at EB the last time I checked in store, though they do charge a bit more.

Horvat's a fan too!

bo-horvat.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

A clause in his contract gave him $212,500  for making the team.

For the weekend he made just under $550,000 plus a car.

Brockstar Money.

Brockstar Money.jpg

He can thank Canucks fans for that MVP bonus for having such a strong online presence.

Not that it wasn't deserved, but there were a few other players who were equally deserving. Their fans didn't vote like ours did though!

5 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Adopted a puppy and re-gifted the car to his sister

Brock Boeser's weekend in Tampa:

Win All-Star Game MVP 

Make over $500K in bonuses 

Re-gift the MVP's Honda to his sister 

Adopt a dog, because cuteness 

man thats just crazy. its just sinking in this morning how really special his weekend was, we might never see this again in Canucks history. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2