The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

46 minutes ago, khay said:

When was the last time a Canuck won an all star MVP? I don't think it has ever happened before.

When was the last time a rookie won the all star MVP?

Congrats Brock!

He's the first. Bure won it in his Panthers years.

1 hour ago, khay said:

When was the last time a Canuck won an all star MVP? I don't think it has ever happened before.

Yes, it's the first time that a Canuck has won the NHL all-star game MVP award. Congratulations to Boeser!

However, there were at least two previous cases in which a Canuck should have won but were victims of an obvious injustice.

First in 1983, John Garrett played for the Campbell Conference and played well for the 9-3 win over the Wales Conference. Originally, Garrett was selected game MVP but when Gretzky scored 4 goals in the 3rd period, the judges changed their decision and gave it to Gretzky.

And then in 2002, Markus Naslund played for Team World in their 8-5 win over the Team North America. Naslund scored 2 goals and 1 assist, and that tied him in the scoring lead with North America's Eric Daze who had identical stats. But the MVP award was given to Daze instead, even though the tiebreaker should go to Naslund given the fact that he played in the winning team and scored the game winning goal late in the 3rd period. But apparently, early voting screwed Naslund as the voting was done 5 minutes before the game ended and before Naslund showed his heroics. Talk about a huge injustice!:(

Edited by Bluemountain555

3 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

A clause in his contract gave him $212,500  for making the team.

For the weekend he made just under $550,000 plus a car.

Brockstar Money.

Brockstar Money.jpg

I’m sure Brock likes the extra money.  Who wouldn’t?  But I bet he isn’t motivated by the money.  He appears to be one of those intrinsically motivated guys, who wants to compete with the best, and show he’s the best.  

• Upvote 3

Pretty unreal what this kid has been able to do since he's been drafted.

Knew nothing about him before the draft. Thought we were going to get Konechny or some Defenseman and we pick The Flow.

Started to follow him at UND and I knew we got someone special. If you haven't watched his college highlights do yourself a favour and watch them. 

From scoring his first NHL goal to what he did this weekend -- his progression has been remarkable. What is even more remarkable is the heavy, heavy stuff that he's had to deal with at such a young age. Really fortunate to have a guy of his skill level in our organization. It's been too damn long. 

Congrats Brock!