The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

The only way BB can win the Calder, barring injuries and if him and Barzal continues at the same pace.... Boeser will need to score at least 40 goals.  That has only been done twice since the year 2000.... Austin Matthews last season and OV back in 2005/06. 

I believe he's currently on pace for 41 or 42 goals.   

Yep. Prior to last game, he was on pace for about 39 goals, but his 2-goal performance brings him up to 41 or 42.

17 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Barzal is incredible, as of right now I have them probably pretty close to a 50/50 split for who takes home the Calder but unfortunately if I had to vote right now I would probably give it to Barzal but only by a hair.  Lot's of time for Boeser to make up for it, hopefully Bo being back can help him keep a steady point production the rest of the way. 

I agree with you but I do not see Barzal play a lot. He was a absolute standout last game I watched. My only negative in way of comparing is that Barzal does have better talent to work with. MOre talent to make plays with but also that talent takes some of the coverage away that Boeser does not get. He gets more attention all the time. Boeser struck me as a kid with a shot at the beginning of the year but as the season has progressed he is showing more moves.  

On 25/01/2018 at 2:52 PM, The 5th Line said:

Barzal is incredible, as of right now I have them probably pretty close to a 50/50 split for who takes home the Calder but unfortunately if I had to vote right now I would probably give it to Barzal but only by a hair.  Lot's of time for Boeser to make up for it, hopefully Bo being back can help him keep a steady point production the rest of the way. 

Couldn't agree more. I was lucky enough to trade for him in fantasy early in the season and I've watched more islanders hockey than any other team aside from the canucks. He's a huge reason why Eberle is making Edmonton look like fools (again), he's tenacious, quick, and makes smart plays at top speed. He has to be the favourite at this point. There's nothing not to like about him as a player. 

That said, I'm hoping Brock has a great last 30, keeps scoring goals, and pushes Barzal for the Calder til the final game.

6 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

This is a fantastic story, the kid has had to work and earn and overcome everything in his life!

Well worth the read

Thanks much for posting!

• Thanks 1

He was incredible throughout the skills performance. I think he will soon become a household name in the east when he wins the Calder to top off his majestic year. He's got the look and the goods to be a superstar and I fear for the size of his first legit contract.