The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

I bruised my tailbone just slipping on ice last year and couldn't do sit ups from 2 months.  That injury to Boeser looked 10 times worse, I hope it's not too serious.  When Shorty said 'uh-oh' and they showed Boeser flat on the ice I thought concussion so at least it wasn't that. 

Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports 3m3 minutes ago

Source on Boeser injury : "Not career-threatening and not a serious injury but can't see him playing again this season. Best to shut him down, there will be a few weeks of discomfort." #Canucks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrizzlyAdams said:

Hopefully that source is correct.  I can be ok with losing him for the season; in fact, it might even help us. But to have him affected permanently would be a huge blow to both us and his own life personally.

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Hopefully that source is correct.  I can be ok with losing him for the season; in fact, it might even help us. But to have him affected permanently would be a huge blow to both us and his own life personally.

Rick is very credible, if he's posting that its straight from the team or agent. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Like 2

Good news about Boeser.  Enjoy watching him play, and glad to hear he will be back in fine form next season.  Considering we don't really need to win games, it might actually be better for our team's future to lose games, improve our draft lottery odds, and secure the highest pick possible.  Having Boeser out should help with that scenario.  

That was scary. Close the bloody door Jake! But actually, it was kind of on Brock. He shouldn't have been going for the hip check on Clutterbuck, and he obviously wasn't aware the door was open. The way he hit his back and reacted afterwards, reminded me of Ryan Shazier's (Steelers) injury last season. Luckily, it doesn't sound as serious, he was able to hobble off with help. Really terrible luck he's had this year with injuries. Damn, and one goal away from 30. I just hope he's able to fully recover and gets ready to light it up next year. Wishing you a speedy recovery Brock!

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

That was scary. Close the bloody door Jake! But actually, it was kind of on Brock. He shouldn't have been going for the hip check on Clutterbuck, and he obviously wasn't aware the door was open. The way he hit his back and reacted afterwards, reminded me of Ryan Shazier's (Steelers) injury last season. Luckily, it doesn't sound as serious, he was able to hobble off with help. Really terrible luck he's had this year with injuries. Damn, and one goal away from 30. I just hope he's able to fully recover and gets ready to light it up next year. Wishing you a speedy recovery Brock!

I haven't relooked at it closely but it looked to me that he never hit the door. He hit his lower back on the boards after flying through the air with speed.   

14 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

So now gaudette comes and plays a few games and gets the sidewall to show what he has on the power play ? 

Gaudette's season may not be done until the Canucks is already over. 

41 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I haven't relooked at it closely but it looked to me that he never hit the door. He hit his lower back on the boards after flying through the air with speed.   

His lower back where hips and spine meet. He seems to have hit his back (left kidney area) on the doorway opening. 

Looked like a potential separation and even as bad as career-ending.

Glad it’s not as bad as it looked. I just hope he doesn’t lose a step in speed.

You can see there is not much space between Boeser and the boards. Yet, after impact, his lower body swings outward. That was caused by his hip / lower spine hitting the side of the opened gate that made his body turn away for the boards.

If he had just been hit into the boards, his post-hit speed would have continued. However, after Boeser hits the boards, his body stops going forward but turns instead, indicating that an obstruction occurred during contact with the gate.

Click to see the video

Edited by Me_