The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

7 minutes ago, samurai said:

It is amazing how much people panicked about this like it was the worst hockey play they have ever seen. He's got was sounds like very painful bruising which could because of the body location take some time for him to get back to normal.  As for the fracture, one can only speculate but non-displaced could mean just a slightly noticeable crack which years ago wouldn't have been even detected.   I wouldn't rule out him skating in the next 2 weeks.   

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part; but wouldn't it be great if he was able to play the last homegame of the season and pot his 30th goal ?

3 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part; but wouldn't it be great if he was able to play the last homegame of the season and pot his 30th goal ?

Brock as we have seen is extremely tough.  I am sure he hasn't closed the door on the season.   If he can, he will be back.  

16 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

damn too bad they did not use a stretcher to take him off the ice

incompetent training and medical staff

grrrrr

They don't a stretcher unless one is indicated.   The doctor/trainer has likely seen lots of tailbone injuries and without other issues of concern with on-ice testing, why use a stretcher?

Calling a professional incompetent when you don't know the facts is pretty interesting.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, samurai said:

Brock as we have seen is extremely tough.  I am sure he hasn't closed the door on the season.   If he can, he will be back.  

Was that the worst attempt at a pun this year?   If unintentional, you sir deserve an award.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

They don't a stretcher unless one is indicated.   The doctor/trainer has likely seen lots of tailbone injuries and without other issues of concern with on-ice testing, why use a stretcher?

Calling a professional incompetent when you don't know the facts is pretty interesting.    

it really is interesting that you missed the sarcasm entirely

Green said 3 to 4 to 6 weeks.  And said you cannot really tell.   So 4-6 is just his max.  When asked if Brock could be back he said I am not going to go there.   Not sure why people are saying he is done yet.   If he was done the team would say done for the season like they did with Gran and Louis.  

Team should just shut him down for the season regardless.  It's not like we're fighting for a playoff spot so it's more important he heals properly to be at 100% for next season.  He's the best rookie we've had since Bure and opponents are already taking liberties with him. 

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Team should just shut him down for the season regardless.  It's not like we're fighting for a playoff spot so it's more important he heals properly to be at 100% for next season.  He's the best rookie we've had since Bure and opponents are already taking liberties with him. 

While I understand the sentiment entirely, I think it's up to doctors to make the decisions (or more to the point to advise a player on his options)

16 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Brock should already be at 30 goals, anyways! He tipped a goal that they didn't give to him. Stupid league!

16 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

do you remember what game that was in?

16 hours ago, -AJ- said:

There were debatably two goals in two separate games in which it occurred. I can't recall for sure myself.

Boston and Florida. 

25 minutes ago, TheRick said:

Look at it this way. Connor McDavid missed 37 games in his first season due to injury and next season ended up winning the Hart and Art Ross. Maybe Brock can do something similar like winning the Rocket Richard next season!

Brock on a line with Pettersson :wub:

Boeser had a very strong rookie season but he was getting more and more tired/banged up and it may be a blessing for his entire career having a truncated season though by injury was certainly not the right way to do it.  Having him "shut down" now and having some time to clear his head and take in all the great things he accomplished and have time to really be fresh for 2018-19 season may be just what he needs.

Hats off to one of the best rookie years of any Canuck in their history and certainly to being one of the best story lines in the entire NHL this year.   The all-star weekend alone was fairy tale stuff for him.

Sure will be nice to see the other young prospects starting to come in over the next season or three to work with Boeser, Horvat, Guddy and such to bring this team back into the serious discussion around playoffs and making noise once there.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

4 to 6 weeks.  6 weeks would take you to mid-April.  The World Championships start May 4th.

Any chance Boeser suits up for the U.S.?

If he's 100% healthy, why not?

If he's still getting back in shape, I'd say no. Healed/pain free or not.