The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guillaume Brisebois | D

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Etem could have been reclaimed and immediately sent down to Utica. The rest of those moves didn't need to happen. 

Yes they did.

Age gap.

That succession plan and team culture thing that you think is malarkey (and thankfully management doesn't).

1 minute ago, DeltaSwede said:

Sometimes a chapter comes to an end and you move on to the next one. Etem was done in Vancouver when Anaheim claimed him.

You want the Canucks to claim Corrado if the Leafs decide to actually do something with him? 

You really don't understand what I'm talking about eh? Because Anaheim put Etem back on waivers we could have claimed him back uncontested and would have been able to send him directly to Utica to help the Utica Comets. Everyone talks about how important it is to surround prospects with a winning environment. How is Utica any different? Etem was a free, no strings attached addition to our overall organizational strength. 

Just now, DeltaSwede said:

Sometimes a chapter comes to an end and you move on to the next one. Etem was done in Vancouver when Anaheim claimed him.

You want the Canucks to claim Corrado if the Leafs decide to actually do something with him? 

"sometimes a chapter comes to an end" That's a huge cop out. Etem would have been great depth and a nice piece to make Utica more competitive.

I'm not saying I expected a future for him in Vancouver, specifically because he wouldn't have been playing in Vancouver.

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You attempted to straw man. I called you on it. Hardly qualifies as crazy. 

So saying it's ok to trade Forsling for Clendidnothing is ok because Sutter?! Am I missing the definition of grabbing straws? 

Just now, LaBamba said:

So saying it's ok to trade Forsling for Clendidnothing is ok because Sutter?! Am I missing the definition of grabbing straws? 

You're the only one talking about grabbing straws. I'm talking about you attempting to straw man an argument. 

And no, that's not what I'm saying.

1 minute ago, Rick Blight said:

Anyone know what happened to the Brisebois thread? I know it was around here somewhere..........

It's good for our prospect getting selected to that WJHC camp for sure.  I wonder what his chances are of making the team, considering the other d men there?

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You really don't understand what I'm talking about eh? Because Anaheim put Etem back on waivers we could have claimed him back uncontested and would have been able to send him directly to Utica to help the Utica Comets. Everyone talks about how important it is to surround prospects with a winning environment. How is Utica any different? Etem was a free, no strings attached addition to our overall organizational strength. 

9 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

"sometimes a chapter comes to an end" That's a huge cop out. Etem would have been great depth and a nice piece to make Utica more competitive.

I'm not saying I expected a future for him in Vancouver, specifically because he wouldn't have been playing in Vancouver.

So we should just keep recycling old players that we know haven't worked out in the past instead of giving a chance to new faces or other prospects? I was all for Etem going down to Utica, and you are both right, he would have been good depth. At what point do you just move on to a new project? I'd say a good time would be when another team claims the player. There is one open contract space available for a player that could potentially make an impact. Etem just had a kid, he get's to move back to cali, maybe the Canucks felt like moving on and allowing Etem to do the same? 

Screw having Brisebois in the AHL next season. Let's sign Stanton and trade for Corrado.

• Upvote 3

So we should just keep recycling old players that we know haven't worked out in the past instead of giving a chance to new faces or other prospects? I was all for Etem going down to Utica, and you are both right, he would have been good depth. At what point do you just move on to a new project? I'd say a good time would be when another team claims the player. There is one open contract space available for a player that could potentially make an impact. Etem just had a kid, he get's to move back to cali, maybe the Canucks felt like moving on and allowing Etem to do the same? 

Screw having Brisebois in the AHL next season. Let's sign Stanton and trade for Corrado.

Considering that Etem's contract is up at the end of the year and for this season, he would likely displace a career AHLer as opposed to a prospect. That last sentence is irrelevant.

13 minutes ago, J.R. said:

You're the only one talking about grabbing straws. I'm talking about you attempting to straw man an argument. 

And no, that's not what I'm saying.

I don't know what a straw man is or the origin of the term obviously. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's good for our prospect getting selected to that WJHC camp for sure.  I wonder what his chances are of making the team, considering the other d men there?

I think very good...there are a a few locks but he has a good shot. Bean ..Chabot Fabbro..Juulsen  probably Clague and Girard...but he should be chosen over the others.

1 minute ago, Bigturk8 said:

Considering that Etem's contract is up at the end of the year and for this season, he would likely displace a career AHLer as opposed to a prospect. That last sentence is irrelevant.

Yea sorry, just tried to get the Guillaume Brisebois thread back to discussing Guillaume Brisebois instead of discussing whether or not Etem should be a Comet or not. 

Always fun to see Canuck prospects in the WJC. 

Edited by DeltaSwede

Yea sorry, just tried to get the Guillaume Brisebois thread back to discussing Brisebois instead of discussing whether or not Etem should be a Comet or not. 

Fair enough. Good chat.

Hoping Brisebois has a good showing. Would love to see a maple leaf on him.

• Upvote 1