The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

4 minutes ago, khay said:

Based on the last three games, I think he is going to be an NHL player for sure. Question is if it's going to happen starting next season.

I think so. With good summer of training he will make the team out of the camp especially with a spot at C open with Hank's retirement. 

He skates well. Tracks the puck well and backchecks hard. I heard so much about his shot but his passing and vision is very good too. 

I would say that with the recent comment from the management about Pettersson starting out as winger to begin his NHL career, the center depth will be Horvat-Sutter-Gaudette to start next season barring major trade or signing (Tavares-Horvat-Sutter-Gaudette?)

Totally agree with this.  Short sample size but what i like most about him so far is that you dont see the errors that you see with a Goldobin or even Leipsic.  In the D zone he will make the right move / pass most of the time. Last night he made several short passes in the d zone, under pressure, to other players which got the puck out.   In the O zone you can tell that his intentions are bang on most of the time.  Looks like he can process the game at the NHL level for sure.  I would love for Green to put him on the PP with the Sedins during the last game...put him in Gagner's spot, the same position that was his bread and butter spot on the NorthEastern PP.

I want to see a 3rd line of Leip-Gaud-Virt next year. They did some real good things last night.

16 minutes ago, khay said:

(Tavares-Horvat-Sutter-Gaudette)

Would that be the best Centre group in hockey?

JT is a top 7 centre in the game IMO

Bo is a top 35 Centre in hockey

Sutter is a great number 3 on a contending team as a shutdown guy

Gaudette certainly has more skill than 95% of 4th line Centres in the NHL combined with tenacity, defensive acumen, and grit

Edited by ReggieBush
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I want to see a 3rd line of Leip-Gaud-Virt next year. They did some real good things last night.

Gaudette certainly has more skill than 95% of 4th line Centres in the NHL combined with tenacity, defensive acumen, and grit

Heh, would also leave that schmuck Pettersson to light it up on the wing.

59 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I think so. If not, it would be pretty damn close to being the best. I can only think of Tampa, Washington, and Pittsburgh at the moment that would be better than Tavares-Horvat-Sutter-Gaud at the moment. Washington with Backstrom-Kuznetsov and Pittsburgh with Crosby-Malkin-Brassard since they have better top 1C and 2C and Tampa with emergence of Point not to mention Miller and Johnson who can play center as well.

Wingers: Pettersson, Boeser, Dahlen, Virtanen, Baer, Granny, Eriksson, Gagner, Archibald, Leipsic

With Markstrom as #1 though, I don't think that roster will make the playoffs. Unless Demko steps up one season ahead of expectation and we get Dahlin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Gaudette looked great last night. We've got ourselves a player here.

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Totally agree with this.  Short sample size but what i like most about him so far is that you dont see the errors that you see with a Goldobin or even Leipsic.  In the D zone he will make the right move / pass most of the time.

Was at the game and re-watched the third on PVR.  He was definitely more noticeable with the play-by-play, especially since the Coyote goal was at the far end to us.  Love the high-speed dangling rushes he and Leipsic were doing -- fits exactly with the model the team wants to play, and guy like Leipsic has the IQ to fit with him.  As Green said, he sees and knows what needs to happen, just a matter of getting accustomed to the league and making it so.  Twice on one shift he made nice cross-ice passes through to MDZ for great open looks on net.

On 4/5/2018 at 12:28 PM, aGENT said:

Yeah he's still in that awkward adjustment phase where he's thinking instead of just doing/reacting. He'll get there.

I think he has looked really good, fast, good plays with the puck - he's made some nice passing plays, knows where he is supposed to be and isn't afraid of the rough stuff.  He is going to be a good player for us for sure.  

• Cheers 1

One of his competitors, Ryan Donato is putting up 8 points in 10 games for Boston. Drafted in 2014. Heinen also drafted in 2014. Pastrnak also in 2014.

Boston drafted 3 NHL players in 2014 alone. I guess we did even better as we drafted 5 NHL players. Though two of them are no longer associated with the team.

2014 draft was a weird draft. It felt like a weak draft except maybe Ekblad, Draisaitl but then, a lot of good players were drafted in every round. Brayden Point, Viktor Arvidsson and third and fourth round for example.

• Upvote 1