The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

27 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Winning a Hobey is huge. Congrats to Adam. Much to look forward to :towel:

25 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Adam has looked good so far. Gonna be interesting when he inevitably gets better wingers next year.

Agree with these comments. And Adam has been unlucky not to get on the scoreboard so far. At a minimum, he is solid defensively and he provides quite a bit of energy. I see no reason for him to go to Utica next year. I have him pencilled in at 4C next year on the Canucks. He needs to add some strength and improve his face-off performance and he will  continue to work on his skating. But I like his 200 ft game. He is the kind of guy who can play effectively in the bottom 6 even if he does not have a good enough skill level to play top 6 at the NHL level. And he is potentially a shutdown/PK guy at the NHL level.  I actually rate Gaudette as a better prospect than Goldobin, largely for that reason.

I am all in favour of going the "young player" route next year, with Pettersson, Gaudette, Leipsic and Dahlen all getting a long look, in addition to Horvat, Boeser, Virtanen and Baertschi, who I assume will all be on the team. Guys like Gaunce and Goldy are going to need to make quite a bit of progress over the summer to make the team next year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

I just saw pics on Northeastern MHKY's Twitter account........Gaudette was in Minnesota to accept his award......I wasn't aware that he would be in attendance !!

It has been a busy 24 hours for him, indeed. Yesterday he was in Vancouver, today he is in Minnesota, tomorrow he is going to be in Edmonton.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It has been a busy 24 hours for him, indeed. Yesterday he was in Vancouver, today he is in Minnesota, tomorrow he is going to be in Edmonton.

I hope he gets his 1st NHL goal tomorrow !   What a week that will be for him !

image.png.f19591ba302e3ab0d234f74a256667a7.png

Junior Center Adam Gaudette became the first Northeastern player in school history to capture the prestigious Hobey Baker Award, given annually to the NCAA's top Division I men's ice hockey player, on Friday at the legendary Roy Wilkins Auditorium in St. Paul, Minn. The CCM/ACHA First Team All-American is the 10thHockey East player to win college's hockey's highest individual award.

"We are incredibly proud of Adam for this tremendous honor," said Northeastern's Fernie Flaman Men's Hockey Coach Jim Madigan. "What he was able to accomplish this season is something that many players would dream of doing over a career. Every accolade he's received this season is well-deserved, and to officially be recognized as college hockey's top player speaks to his determination and incredible work ethic that Adam brings to the rink every day. His future in this game is extremely bright, and we thank him for everything's he done for our hockey program and Northeastern University. We wish him the very best as he embarks on his professional career."

The three finalists (Gaudette, Denver's Henrik Borgström and Harvard's Ryan Donato) and overall winner were selected from the initial list of Top Ten candidates by the 27-member Selection Committee and an additional round of online fan balloting to determine this year's Hobey Baker winner. Criteria for the award includes: displaying outstanding skills in all phases of the game, strength of character on and off the ice, sportsmanship and scholastic achievements.

........Northeastern Men's Ice Hockey FB page

Edited by redhdlois