The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

21 hours ago, alfstonker said:

I have to disagree.

For me Goldobin has already done things that elevate him to a top 6 player. His vision, passing and the way he can finish is top class. If he can work on consistency, more speed and get a bit stronger he may well be a huge player for us.

I don't say any of that to detract from Gaudette, who has surprised me with his speed, positioning and high energy, already. He is just starting and may well make it to 2nd/3rd line centre in time but I am not sure he has the high end touch and flair that Goldy has.

Both have good offensive instincts but Goldobin makes those glaring mistakes that cost the Canucks goals. Not to say Goldy won't make it as a regular NHLer for years to come, but Gaudette looks like the better 2-way player already to me.  I think Gaudette has the ability to be a Kesler-like player for the Canucks which is a huge ingredient.

2 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Both have good offensive instincts but Goldobin makes those glaring mistakes that cost the Canucks goals. Not to say Goldy won't make it as a regular NHLer for years to come, but Gaudette looks like the better 2-way player already to me.  I think Gaudette has the ability to be a Kesler-like player for the Canucks which is a huge ingredient.

I think you are right but for me Goldy has the type of moves that have the fans saying wow!

Watching Gaud cutting through the Oilers defense reminded me just for a second of McDavid. He has that speed and ability to change direction effortlessly. Him and Jake should have a fun time trying to outdo each other. What a line Jake - Gaud - Lind could be.

Definitely missed Gaunce out there to bring a bit of composure to getting out of our own end and for his bigger body.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

His best game yet tonight.  Arguably one of the top performers, very noticeable.  A summer of regaining his lost weight and he's going to rock the youth camps/tourneys and power his way into main camp come September.

I only saw the 3rd. There was one play in the D zone where to spun off 2 Oilers and maintained possession. It was my first time watching him play I was like 'holy smokes he got balls and skills who is that 88?'

41 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he means processing speed, not foot speed. Although every player could improve on their skating.  

Well again, I have never thought of him as a slow processor either. I don't think Green would rely on him so much if that was the case. Let's face it Green knew him really well in Utica.

11 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

His best game yet tonight.  Arguably one of the top performers, very noticeable.  A summer of regaining his lost weight and he's going to rock the youth camps/tourneys and power his way into main camp come September.

Yeah, it's s shame there isn't another week or two left in the season as he looked like he was starting to get comfortable/adjusted to playing at this level last night...and the season's over lol

On 4/6/2018 at 11:17 AM, -AJ- said:

He looks excited, but maybe a bit too excited. Seems a bit scrambly for my liking, but he does have his moments where he's doing the right thing. Still a work in progress, but it's exciting.

Hard to gauge on this past week, with all that's been going on.  Not really regular circumstances, and everyone's got a bit of jump in their step.  What I do like is that he appears to already feel confident and has lost the first game deer in headlights tentative demeanor.  I love his ability to find open ice space, even if it means he's waiting for others to get the puck to him there (and it sometimes is overlooked).  I feel like he's going to be pretty great.

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hard to gauge on this past week, with all that's been going on.  Not really regular circumstances, and everyone's got a bit of jump in their step.  What I do like is that he appears to already feel confident and has lost the first game deer in headlights tentative demeanor.  I love his ability to find open ice space, even if it means he's waiting for others to get the puck to him there (and it sometimes is overlooked).  I feel like he's going to be pretty great.

I like him most in this last game. He does look like he's got some nice hands and a smart head on his shoulders to feel the game well.

19 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I heard the player needed to play 10 games or more in the NHL to burn a year of ELC?

https://businessofhockey.wordpress.com/2017/04/03/burning-the-first-year-of-a-rookies-entry-level-contract/

That rule only applies to Collegiate and Junior players who sign before the age of 20 years old of the calender/season year.

Boeser and Gaudette both respectively signed at age 20 and age 21, to which their first game with the Canucks burnt a year automatically from their ELC, and allows them to be elligible for RFA status quicker.  And if I remember correctly, it also allows them an extra year closer to UFA status as well. 

I think Gaudette should be given the 4C spot next season. I also see the team trading Baertschi and Granlund to clear space for one impact free agent forward signing and Elias Pettersson. We definitely should hold on to Leipsic and Archibald as they offer a lot of intangibles. 

• Upvote 1