The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adam Gaudette | #96 | C

NHL'er

24 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I like Baer but he doesn't fit well with Bo and Brock. Leipsic has played better with Bo and Brock in his couple of games than Baer has for most of the season. Also, Pettersson is destined to play with Brock. I'm expecting a Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser line for sure next season if Pettersson can't play C.

Also I wouldn't be shocked if Baer gets traded in this years draft for a late 1st since there are several stellar defencemen going in the late 1st.

This is possible, though it's going off a small sample size for Leipsic. Baertschi has a large sample size and has show improvement every year. While Leipsic has been great in his 11 games (7 points), we'd be betting on him to continue that. Furthermore, he has even less games with both Horvat and Boeser combined, as Boeser was only active for three games with Leipsic before the injury. Granted, they were great, but it's a bit of a risk. Not saying it shouldn't be done, but the risk should be acknowledged.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

This is possible, though it's going off a small sample size for Leipsic. Baertschi has a large sample size and has show improvement every year. While Leipsic has been great in his 11 games (7 points), we'd be betting on him to continue that. Furthermore, he has even less games with both Horvat and Boeser combined, as Boeser was only active for three games with Leipsic before the injury. Granted, they were great, but it's a bit of a risk. Not saying it shouldn't be done, but the risk should be acknowledged.

I'm not saying Leipsic should replace Baer's spot. I just think Baer doesn't fit well with that particular line. Baer played well with guys like Vanek this season, especially on that 2nd PP unit. Maybe Baer plays with Gaudette, Pettersson, etc. Maybe he gets traded. 

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

How'd he look out there? 

He looked pretty off in the first period, which makes sense given it's his first game. He was behind the play and sort of scrambling a bit.

After the first, he was solid. Made some really tight plays, and was solid positionally. If he doesn't show to be NHL ready next season, I would say he's not far off. Just based on one game anyway, we'll see how he looks over the next couple.

Edited by BananaMash
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Canorth said:

How'd he look out there? 

He looked pretty good for his first game.  Looked nervous/cautious in the 1st, got more comfortable as he got more shifts.  Played most of the night with Gaunce and Boucher, so not a whole of offensive opportunities.  Played about 10 minutes.  Had one dangerous chance where he crossed the blueline into the slot.  had another where Gaunce just couldn't get him the puck.  I liked how he stayed in front of the net, we never have someone in front of the net. Looks bigger than I though he would, and also looks fast.  I think we will see some very promising shifts from him before the season is out.  I'd love to see him, Virt and Leipsic on a line together.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BCNate said:

He looked pretty good for his first game.  Looked nervous/cautious in the 1st, got more comfortable as he got more shifts.  Played most of the night with Gaunce and Boucher, so not a whole of offensive opportunities.  Played about 10 minutes.  Had one dangerous chance where he crossed the blueline into the slot.  had another where Gaunce just couldn't get him the puck.  I liked how he stayed in front of the net, we never have someone in front of the net. Looks bigger than I though he would, and also looks fast.  I think we will see some very promising shifts from him before the season is out.  I'd love to see him, Virt and Leipsic on a line together.

I liked what I saw too.

He's looking like a solid forward in the making.

Really liked his speed.

Hopefully the intensity picks up as he gains confidence.

I too like the Virtanen match.

Edited by komodo0921

1 minute ago, komodo0921 said:

I liked what I saw too.

He's looking like a solid forward in the making.

Really liked his speed.

Hopefully the intensity picks up as he gains confidence.

I too like the Virtanen match.

I think the kid was running on adrenaline last game.  This next game, he (likely) won’t have his legs.  I think we see him at his best in game three.  He sure likes to compete.  He was doing his best to run interference all over the ice.  He could learn a lot from Sutter.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think the kid was running on adrenaline last game.  This next game, he (likely) won’t have his legs.  I think we see him at his best in game three.  He sure likes to compete.  He was doing his best to run interference all over the ice.  He could learn a lot from Sutter.

I can seriously see great potential in a Pettersson, Gaudette, Virtanen line.

Most don't seem to see top line potential in AG, citing his 5th round selection as evidence. I guess "experts" can't see 30 other teams being wrong and that there has to be something wrong with players in the mid to lower rounds. True, most don't go anywhere and disappear but Gaudette looks to be one that doesn't.

His play style is taylor made for today's NHL and should serve him well in the NHL career.

If there's one thing I, absolutely trust in JB, it's he and his scouting team's ability to evaluate talent and to find the diamonds. 

I can't remember a time where I was as excited about lower round picks as I've been over the past 3 or 4 seasons. 

It's great to see.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

Most don't seem to see top line potential in AG, citing his 5th round selection as evidence. I guess "experts" can't see 30 other teams being wrong and that there has to be something wrong with players in the mid to lower rounds. True, most don't go anywhere and disappear but Gaudette looks to be one that doesn't.

His play style is taylor made for today's NHL and should serve him well in the NHL career.

If there's one thing I, absolutely trust in JB, it's he and his scouting team's ability to evaluate talent and to find the diamonds. 

I can't remember a time where I was as excited about lower round picks as I've been over the past 3 or 4 seasons. 

It's great to see.

It's easy to spot speed, skill, size, great shot etc in a 17 year old.  What is hard to see is how driven a kid is.  How much he wants to improve.  How hard he is willing to work.  How he deals with adversity etc.  

On 3/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Hmmm?

I personally hope we have better options than Leipsic for 1st line LW.  Just for fun, here is what I hope to see.

Baer Bo Brock

Danny Hank Pettersson

Leipsic Gaudette Jake

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Goldy Gaunce                      * room for Archibald or Motte with the (likely) occurrence of someone on IR. And for Goldy to move into a scoring role...

F off Sam Gagner, no problem if he clears, or does not clear waivers.

Dahlen & Lind start in Utica.  

Danny & Hank can also move down the line up, like they did this year. And an alternate 2knd line of Dahlen or Goldy /  Pettersson /  Lind emerges

* Lind also strikes me as a great guy to ultimately see with Gaudette.    But 3 righties (Lind, Gaudette, Jake)  is both awkward & a wasted opportunity?

I like those lines.  I'm not so sure Gag's actually does F off but you're illustrating here how the depth situation is changing on a healthy Canucks team.  This team is going to be harder to make next year which is why Goldy needs to continue showing well.

The Sedins have been looking like a first line the last few games but a few games isn't going to make a difference in their decision whether to retire or not.  With them gone, there is still plenty of competition for spots.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

It's great to see.

He's our Zetterberg.

On 3/30/2018 at 3:07 AM, khay said:

If he lives up to Ryan Kesler 2.0 expectation, then yeah he is a second line center. Having said that, wouldn't it be amazing if Pettersson makes it as a scoring line center and our depth at center position is Pettersson-Horvat-Gaudette?

That's the plan.  Kuzma wrote in a recent article that the Canucks envision to have Pettersson Horvat Gaudette down the middle.  

Edited by mll

17 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I like those lines.

Me too.

In hindsight, Probably should have had Eriksson / Sutter / Granlund as the 3rd line, if not 2knd?  But good identity and blend of talent for each line.

17 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

Baer Bo Brock

Danny Hank Pettersson

Leipsic Gaudette Jake

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Goldy Gaunce  

Like so;

Baer Bo Brock

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Danny Hank Pettersson

Leipsic Gaudette Jake

The Gangsta line deployment:

Goldobin Gaudette Gagner

Gunnerson Gudbranson

Pending opposing team penalty, Coach Green sends Granlund out as the extra attacker,  much to the chagrin of John Garrett.

On 2018-03-29 at 4:28 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

Hmmm?

I personally hope we have better options than Leipsic for 1st line LW.  Just for fun, here is what I hope to see.

Baer Bo Brock

Danny Hank Pettersson

Leipsic Gaudette Jake

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Goldy Gaunce                      * room for Archibald or Motte with the (likely) occurrence of someone on IR. And for Goldy to move into a scoring role...

F off Sam Gagner, no problem if he clears, or does not clear waivers.

Dahlen & Lind start in Utica.  

Danny & Hank can also move down the line up, like they did this year. And an alternate 2knd line of Dahlen or Goldy /  Pettersson /  Lind emerges

* Lind also strikes me as a great guy to ultimately see with Gaudette.    But 3 righties (Lind, Gaudette, Jake)  is both awkward & a wasted opportunity?

Nein fraulein.