The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lukas Jasek | RW

Hard to say he goofed this early. Just because he didn't take higher profile players like Pilon, Desrocher. or Bondra, doesn't mean Neill and Gaudette won't be NHLers.

In the case of Neill, there was an obvious BPA in Pilon. Gaudette was so far off the board.

In the case of Neill, there was an obvious BPA in Pilon. Gaudette was so far off the board.

Don't you kind of wonder why Pilon fell so far? Clearly lots of teams were scared off by him for a reason.

As for Gaudette, he may have been more off the board, but clearly the scouts saw something in him. That's where they earn their money. It's not like anyone can say there was a definitive "right" choice at that spot anyways. It's all a guessing game at that point.

Hard to say he goofed this early. Just because he didn't take higher profile players like Pilon, Desrocher. or Bondra, doesn't mean Neill and Gaudette won't be NHLers.

I don't remember people raving about Corrado when he was picked in the 5th round. Seems to me he's on the verge of being a full time NHLer. That's more than can be said about some of the other players taken around his spot.

Seems to my memory, Bob McKenzie had a good bark about Corrado being an under rated pick at the draft.

Playing today vs Canada wearing #13

So much for not being invited

Yeah, there was something strange going on. It made no sense that he would not get an invite to the Czech evaluation camp. Probably someone just forgot to put his name in the news release.

did he do anything? I didn't watch the game today,any positives anyone saw from him?

He didn't go full Bo-sang with 9 goals and a backflip but he wasn't too bad.

Being serious, you did notice him, he hustled hard but you didn't see flashes of 6th round steal dangling elite junior dmen. Kinda hard to pull the positives out of a team completely overwhelmed by a far superior team/defense. He did seem to have that high compete level though and that's the biggest thing you want in a late pick IMO.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Where is our good Czech translator friend at? That guy translated our last article.

Edit: Pmalina! Where you at man? We need you :D

PM me if there is some interestingly-looking article about Jasek in the Czech language. I will gladly translate.