Canucks Community

[Speculation] Cody Franson could be signing in Calgary. Seen on plane

Nooks

Absolutely no room for him in Calgary.

Hamilton - Giordano

Brodie - Russel

Wideman - Engelland

Smid

Unless they want Franson in over Engelland, he's not going to Calgary. They'd be pretty foolish to blow a 3+M cap difference over a 6th defenceman.

Meanwhile in Vancouver...

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bartkowski

Sbisa - Weber

Corrado

Biega?

Two injuries into our defence (which is bound to happen, has just about every single season) and we've got Biega up in the bigs which was a disaster experiment last season. Last season, Tanev scored 2 goals, Hamhuis scored 1, Bartkowski scored 0. 3 of our top-4 defencemen combined for 3 goals all season long. REDICULOUS.

Meanwhile, the Calgary Flames top pairing of Hamilton and Giordano are going to outscore most teams first liners next season with about 60 points each.

They have no need for another puck moving defenceman. We on the otherhand should be getting desperate for one.

Absolutely no room for him in Calgary.

Hamilton - Giordano

Brodie - Russel

Wideman - Engelland

Smid

Unless they want Franson in over Engelland, he's not going to Calgary. They'd be pretty foolish to blow a 3+M cap difference over a 6th defenceman.

Meanwhile in Vancouver...

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bartkowski

Sbisa - Weber

Corrado

Biega?

Two injuries into our defence (which is bound to happen, has just about every single season) and we've got Biega up in the bigs which was a disaster experiment last season. Last season, Tanev scored 2 goals, Hamhuis scored 1, Bartkowski scored 0. 3 of our top-4 defencemen combined for 3 goals all season long. REDICULOUS.

Meanwhile, the Calgary Flames top pairing of Hamilton and Giordano are going to outscore most teams first liners next season with about 60 points each.

They have no need for another puck moving defenceman. We on the otherhand should be getting desperate for one.

have you ever in your tens of thousands of posts made even one single post that didn't contain at the very least 3 long ass paragraphs and one lineup proposal?

ugh.

I think that Calgary will play Hamilton on the 2nd pairing until he learns Hartley's method of team play.

Giordano - Wideman

Brodie - Hamilton

Russell - Engelland

Smid

LH & RH shooters on their correct sides.

Not so sure about that. I think we might see a veteran playing with a kid, and a kid with a veteran in their top 4. Sure, Wideman was a monster last season with 50 points but I think he'll stick with Brodie and Hamilton plays up top with Giordano. He is bound for a breakout season whereas the veterans can only get worse surely. Despite their obvious offensive talent, I don't think it'd be a good idea to pair the kids Hamilton and Brodie or that pairing becomes a bit too one dimensional and easy to play against. Giordano brings some grit to Hamilton's pairing.

Giordano - Hamilton

Brodie - Wideman

Russel - Engelland

Smid

They've got the perfect balance there. One defensive defenceman, one offensive defenceman on each pairing. Someone can shoot the puck hard on each pairing, someone can pass the puck up ice well, and someone can deliver huge hits - no matter which pair is on the ice. THAT IS HOW YOU BUILD A DEFENCE BENNING.

Not so sure about that. I think we might see a veteran playing with a kid, and a kid with a veteran in their top 4. Sure, Wideman was a monster last season with 50 points but I think he'll stick with Brodie and Hamilton plays up top with Giordano. He is bound for a breakout season whereas the veterans can only get worse surely. Despite their obvious offensive talent, I don't think it'd be a good idea to pair the kids Hamilton and Brodie or that pairing becomes a bit too one dimensional and easy to play against. Giordano brings some grit to Hamilton's pairing.

Giordano - Hamilton

Brodie - Wideman

Russel - Engelland

Smid

They've got the perfect balance there. One defensive defenceman, one offensive defenceman on each pairing. Someone can shoot the puck hard on each pairing, someone can pass the puck up ice well, and someone can deliver huge hits - no matter which pair is on the ice. THAT IS HOW YOU BUILD A DEFENCE BENNING.

Bro. Chill.

You expect Benning to build a solid d-core like that in the span of 2 years? Not to mention the fact that Gillis didn't really leave much behind in terms of defensive prospects.

Bro. Chill.

You expect Benning to build a solid d-core like that in the span of 2 years? Not to mention the fact that Gillis didn't really leave much behind in terms of defensive prospects.

Some people just have zero patience and think Benning can turn this around over night. I'm only 19, I have plenty of time for patience.

Giordano - Hamilton

Brodie - Wideman

Russel - Engelland

Smid

Perfect balance = Paying Smid $3.75mil to sit out?

Some people just have zero patience and think Benning can turn this around over night. I'm only 19, I have plenty of time for patience.

I said that 41 yrs ago.

Giordano - Hamilton

Brodie - Wideman

Russel - Engelland

Smid

I think you'll both be wrong. I doubt they break up the Giordano Brodie pairing - and btw, Brodie isn't a kid.

I think you'll both be wrong. I doubt they break up the Giordano Brodie pairing - and btw, Brodie isn't a kid.

Agreed, Brodie is not a kid.

But, If Giordano & Brodie are kept together, the 2nd pairing (Hamilton/Wideman) will have two RHS neither of which have experience on the left side.

You could always put Russell on Hamilton's left side, but then Wideman is on the 3rd pairing with Engelland, again two RHS with no experience on the LHS.

Smid is likely to move to LTIR with his neck injury, so there may be an opening for a 7th D.

If this is a ploy to get a deal done elswhere, he should have picked a team with at least one spot open on D.

Maybe he should've done something in Nashville, however, we signed Miller after his awful time in StL. There's always some team willing to flip the cash. At least, that's what Franson thought.

Then why are you here?

Go look at every post I've ever made I don't go around bitching about this team like nothing else in life matters, like because they have never won a cup they have done you wrong, like they owe you something. I barely even post, just read on my spare time while scrolling through my phone. I just find it sad someone middle aged is on a sport forum whining about stuff, just makes me wonder if you've ever been through anything to give you a little perspective on things.

Go look at every post I've ever made I don't go around bitching about this team like nothing else in life matters, like because they have never won a cup they have done you wrong, like they owe you something. I barely even post, just read on my spare time while scrolling through my phone. I just find it sad someone middle aged is on a sport forum whining about stuff, just makes me wonder if you've ever been through anything to give you a little perspective on things.

If anybody's whinning it's you right here right now. The last part of your post makes you sound like a pitiful spiteful person trying to lay a guilt trip on someone.

^^ I know I'm only 15 years old, but isn't learning to deal with whiners (all types of ppl) in a respectful manner apart of growing up?

^^ I know I'm only 15 years old, but isn't learning to deal with whiners (all types of ppl) in a respectful manner apart of growing up?

Of course it is but sometimes you have to deal with disrespect in a different way.

If anybody's whinning it's you right here right now. The last part of your post makes you sound like a pitiful spiteful person trying to lay a guilt trip on someone.

Deflection is a great way to manipulate the reality of a situation. The fact is you asked me a question and I answered it directly. I wasn't coming on here to whine about you, but to answer the question I had about your original whiny post. I have no idea a thing about you minus a few posts I have read by you in this thread. The fact is the constant negativity from people like yourself is extremely frustrating. The easy solution of course would be to just not come to this forum, or to just completely ignoring it. I do enjoy reading things about my team though, and sometimes my frustration of reading people's posts get the best of me.

Archived