The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames Fan Sends Canucks GM Jim Benning Thank You Flowers

Armada

Incredible :lol::lol:

Some gems in that thread.

He may not necessarily deserve it, but Benning is the running joke of hfboards right now.

No....he deserves it.

I guess we will find out this year. Instead of focusing on the future Benning is putting a lot of emphasis on trying to win now. Keeping Miller (on a high cap hit) while trading Lack, resigning Sbisa and Dorsett to big contracts, trading Kassian and a 5th for Prust and trading Bonino and Clendening for Sutter are all moves that need to pay off now this year. They are unlikely to look any better in the future. And Vey and Baertschi will also figure in to the assessment, although Baertschi is young enough that he should still improve significantly after this year.

The guys at Canucks Army and HF Boards are all pretty negative. It will be interesting to see who turns out to be right -- Benning or army of critics.

It'll be even funnier when we do better than them this season.

highly likely, Calgary while over performing last season will have a whole new set of expectations and pressure on them this upcoming season, if their youth cannot handle that or they struggle at any point the pressure will mount on them. Should be interesting to see either way.

wtf did Benning do for them? All he did was give them a 2nd rounder for Baerstchi. Flame fans get over yourself, if anything send flowers to your GM who rocked it out this year in the off-season. Benning did nothing for the Flames'.

Also, although I disagree with most of Benning's moves lets hope Prust lays a cheap hit on one of Calgarys' young guns. There I said it, then I will personally send flowers to Prust for actually doing something lol. Two can play the game your playing Flame fans, bunch of jokers.

wtf did Benning do for them? All he did was give them a 2nd rounder for Baerstchi. Flame fans get over yourself, if anything send flowers to your GM who rocked it out this year in the off-season. Benning did nothing for the Flames'.

Also, although I disagree with most of Benning's moves lets hope Prust lays a cheap hit on one of Calgarys' young guns. There I said it, then I will personally send flowers to Prust for actually doing something lol. Two can play the game your playing Flame fans, bunch of jokers.

Yeah cause messing around and sending flowers to a GM as a joke its totally the same as throwing a cheap shot at a young player. You do realize that young player is an actual young person, with a life and family and friends? Wtf is wrong with you?

I too think Flames over achieved a bit last season, we all saw what happened to the Avs 2 seasons ago...however though, if the Flames continues their effort+the newly acquired D they got...they might be able to squeak in the playoffs.

Yeah cause messing around and sending flowers to a GM as a joke its totally the same as throwing a cheap shot at a young player. You do realize that young player is an actual young person, with a life and family and friends? Wtf is wrong with you?

Dude relax lol your acting like Prust is going to do that. Isn't Prust here to kill penalties and provide energy only? I mean is Prust a dirty player HMMMMMM Also, I know the goofy Flame fans are lurking this forum; therefore it felt right to type that. Enjoy that Flames fans :lol:

It's funny. Take in stride people, no need to be uptight about something that's clearly a light hearted jab.

Sweet jesus.

EDIT: topkek

5C4giaY.png

rYkbzH9.png

8PqT1Le.png

LOL as much as I dislike that dumpster of a team, this is absolutely hilarious.

Nucks will pummel them good though. We'll crush them all season so no harm done =)

But omg those are hilarious... Foundational piece... NTC.... 5 year deal... 3rd round pick. Except it should have said 2nd round pick. That woulda been funnier.

Seems like they're the ones trolling. For a team that I would say overachieved quite a bit last season, I would say them trolling us is pretty silly.

Canucks will be better this year, if in nothing else but competitiveness. Improved in grit and toughness, as well as skill and speed. A fair bit will depend on how the rookies do, but Horvat, Kenins, and Vey will build on their good rookie seasons. Hamilton and Frolik are good additions, but the Flames are still lacking in depth up front. Their roster still looks just mediocre and susceptible to being dominated by strong and aggressive physical play.

Flames fans as well as the Nellies here who predicted last year that the Canucks wouldn't make the playoffs are going to be surprised again, especially if Miller and the D stay healthy this time out.

The Flames fanbase or media reminds me a lot of the Oilers team when they made the fluke run to the cup final. After the cup run, the media thought the Oilers in the following season, could have SIX 20 goal scorer (believe Sean McCormick wrote that), and their fanbase believed they could wrap up the old Northwest Division by Christmas. We all know what the Oilers have done (or haven't done) since then.

Now, the Flames fans think they can start mocking the Canucks because they won ONE friggin round last year after being a laughing stock for the past decade? And we are still in the beginning of August? Have their brains been dropping as quickly as the oil price?

So,

To Vancouver:

Bouquet of flowers

To Calgary:

2016 3rd round pick

Copy of Penthouse magazine from 2003

Luca Sbisa

Fair trade?

No way we should give up the Penthouse magazine unless we're getting a similar piece back!

Archived