The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Town of Salem

Intoewsables

Very risky strategy, Baka. Simple math is not in our favour.

We would get 4 cleared TP and 6 'pairs' to sort through. That means we would need possibly 6 rounds to lynch them all - assuming we get our choice right each time. Meanwhile, the Mafia kill off 4-6 TP, and know exactly who to target each time to maximise their choice. The SK, unless lynched immediately, would also get a few kills off, and likely would leave the Mafia alone at first, considering they don't want to end up one of the final remaining pairings that is lynched. You, as the Vig, could help even the odds, but what if you shoot wrong?

I love the idea of laying all the cards out on the table, but I think it hurts us more than it helps us right now. TMI helps the Mafia right now more than the TP.

That said, I'm willing to give it a shot. But we would need to really think hard each time, and everyone would need to be on board - all it takes is the Doc or another player to be lurking and our strategy could be ruined.

That wouldn't work, everyone would know who is who, and all the mafia and SK would have to do is strategically team up and/or place their kills wisely to win.

The best method would be for someone who can be safe to come out like the doctor, and for specials to contact him or her.

There's no PMing allowed.

He already came out as the vig lol

Yeah, I should really get my reading comprehension up to date. Not only did I miss his role claim, but I forgot about the whole PM thing.

Boy I have a lot of work to do to make up for that MVP title

My request is that all TP members go public.

In this game every player has a role that was made public in the OP. The TP stand with 10 members while the Mafia hold 4 and the Jester and Serial Killer roam. A 10 to 6 enemy ratio. In addition 2 Mafia members have no power other than carrying out a kill and the Jester's power is in confusion. 10 to 3 special ratio.

Nonetheless if all TP come out in day 1 it forces the Mafia and other 2 specials to claim roles they don't have or accept being confirmed none TP. A minimum of 4 players (40% and the same amount of members the Mafia start with) will be confirmed TP. Then much of the remaining 60% if not all will be confirmed in the next round or 2 based on our own abilities directed in the uncertain situations spread out.

Ether way I will start things off. I am the Vig. As stated I get 3 possible kills but if I blast one of you other TP's I will die too. No reason for me to take wild guesses or wait to follow others leads especially when most confirmed will get lynched before Vig'd an we have no PM to hide roles and have to make statements publicly and when it is unlikely I like through the full game given the odds of me accidentally hitting a TP (pardon that butchered grammar). Might as well take an immediate chance or confirming most roles and landing 2 big kills early.

Take up your pitchforks TP! We are many!

torches-and-pitchforks.jpg

(going to bed though, tomorrow we rise)

Ok, this is a horrible idea... seriously wish I thought of it first...

I'm the sheriff - my first investigation was a mission (Virt is not mafia)... I'd say specials contact me and gg tp gonna lose blah blah blah, but whats the point?

also I'm drunk... so whos up next?

also - doc, please save me or the stupid vig who came out before the town approved this idea... either way, lets see what happens

The only abilities non TP have are Mafia Kill, Serial Kill, and Investigation. They are very limited. Then look at the 10 widely ranged abilities the TP have.

The balance in this is only the Mafia can use PM's. Their is a reason we can't PM and a reason the firepower is that lopsided and even a reason the Jester is in the game. The TP abilities are set up so that we have the potential to utterly destroy ourselves in chaos.

It doesn't matter if the Non TP knows our roles and sees what we are planning openly because they have no way to stop us. The only real dangerous special abilities are owned by TP players. It gives us clearer vision on who to lynch, clearer vision on who our abilities should be targeted on, and allows us to control who they can target.

I dunno how anyone can look at the roles in this game and say the TP are better off not immediately organizing those 10 roles. How would the Mafia, SK, and Jester stand up against that?

Except if a mafia role claims as TP, there's no way of knowing whether or not they are lying.

The real TP would have to defend themselves and I could see a few getting lynched this way.

Also if I was mafia,first thing i'd do is Lynch the doctor. I guarantee you one of the doctor, bodyguard or transporter will be dead within 2 nights.

It's a risky move but if done correctly could win the game easy.

The only abilities non TP have are Mafia Kill, Serial Kill, and Investigation. They are very limited. Then look at the 10 widely ranged abilities the TP have.

The balance in this is only the Mafia can use PM's. Their is a reason we can't PM and a reason the firepower is that lopsided and even a reason the Jester is in the game. The TP abilities are set up so that we have the potential to utterly destroy ourselves in chaos.

It doesn't matter if the Non TP knows our roles and sees what we are planning openly because they have no way to stop us. The only real dangerous special abilities are owned by TP players. It gives us clearer vision on who to lynch, clearer vision on who our abilities should be targeted on, and allows us to control who they can target.

I dunno how anyone can look at the roles in this game and say the TP are better off not immediately organizing those 10 roles. How would the Mafia, SK, and Jester stand up against that?

Here is what is gonna happen when people claim... Mafia/SK are going to want dead the Bodyguard first... then transporter, then Sheriff/Doc... The Veteran is going to become useless since the mafia/sk won't visit them... They won't even go after the vig because if you make a mistake (assuming you are actually the vig) then they get you killing not only town but also yourself.

There is a reason TOS games are actually played instead of just all town role claiming at the beginning of the game and that's because it doesn't work... but if everyone is on board I guess I will let you know my role too... and we can see what happens.

Archived