The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Child left in hot car dies as internal temperature hits 93 degrees

Heretic

A mistake?? Sorry. People make mistakes every day. This was not a mistake... this was a criminal act that cost the life of an innocent child.

Intentional or not, she deserves every minute of pain and guilt she goes through. At least she is alive to feel pain. Her child no longer is.

RIP to the innocent.

I'm a dad with 2 kids. I never "forgot" them anywhere, never mind in a car. The worst I ever did was lock them in a car for a quick minute (with the alarm on) while I quickly got a jug of milk. I made sure I could see them through a store window and the car be of right temp

A case like this makes me wonder if she wanted the kid to die. You just don't forget them.

She should be charged.

She deserves no pity if that's what you're suggesting.

She rightfully gets to live knowing that she left her child in a boiling hot car to die in agony.

I'm suggesting those people here who think she deserves to die for this have a greater mental handicap then she does and hopefully are utterly incapable of breeding themselves

Really guys? Yeah, this was a terrible thing to have happened... but come on, it was a mistake. She forgot. Y'all are acting like she left him in there deliberately.

Gandhi- "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind".

Come on guys. Her family will never be the same again. She's got to live with the guilt from that for the rest of her life. Isn't that enough?

no. use your effing brain. stupidity and acting irresponsibly does not get you off the hook. she ought to serve prison time or at least have some sort of criminal record.

I'm suggesting those people here who think she deserves to die for this have a greater mental handicap then she does and hopefully are utterly incapable of breeding themselves

I'm sorry, but this attitude just makes me sick. This is murder. I see no difference between this and drowning your children in a bathtub, except in this case it's even more cowardly.

And you think they should just give her a mulligan for child neglect causing an agonizing death? Give your head a shake.

If you are any kind of parent, you don't 'forget' where your 17 month old child is. It's far more likely the poor child was left there on purpose.

As a parent, you are responsible for your child's wellbeing, especially when they are so young they cannot do anything for themselves.

This person has two other living children, and I don't see who in their right mind would leave them in her care. I would also like to point out that if this was the father as opposed to the mother, I doubt there would be any leniency period. Maximum possible sentence please.

Really guys? Yeah, this was a terrible thing to have happened... but come on, it was a mistake. She forgot. Y'all are acting like she left him in there deliberately.

Come on guys. Her family will never be the same again. She's got to live with the guilt from that for the rest of her life. Isn't that enough?

Not a mistake, negligence and murder. How do you forget a child for an HOUR? People need to stop making excuses for these people. She should have her kids taken away and given to someone responsible.

all you posters are harsh a holes the brutal thing is on these forums you get banned for 3 days for saying a swear word but its ok to say you hope some one dies thats harsh. The unfortunate incident is so sad the girl had 3 kids is under 22 probably had been commuting for a few hrs in hot weather and went insude with her kids its obvious that she didnt mean to forget the kid in the vehicle maybe one of the toddlers was being bratty and pulling a hissy fit its a very sad situation but i really think its innapropriate to wish death on someone she alreafy has to live the rest her life with the knowledge that her kid died. This whole internet shaming and hate should really stop grow up you wussy armchair vigilantes you are so tough lol.

all you posters are harsh a holes the brutal thing is on these forums you get banned for 3 days for saying a swear word but its ok to say you hope some one dies thats harsh. The unfortunate incident is so sad the girl had 3 kids is under 22 probably had been commuting for a few hrs in hot weather and went insude with her kids its obvious that she didnt mean to forget the kid in the vehicle maybe one of the toddlers was being bratty and pulling a hissy fit its a very sad situation but i really think its innapropriate to wish death on someone she alreafy has to live the rest her life with the knowledge that her kid died. This whole internet shaming and hate should really stop grow up you wussy armchair vigilantes you are so tough lol.

LOL 'she has to live with the knowledge that her kid died'....how tragic. Too bad she is the sole reason it happened in the first place.

This mother literally baked her child to death....I think it's reasonable to expect some sort of serious punishment.

Speaking of children, how do you feel about child molestors? Those kids aren't even dead, so why bother even sentencing those people. They have to live with their crimes, that's bad enough, right?

As for hate, you are right. I really hate people who murder their own infant children. Sorry you don't like that.

I'm sorry, but this attitude just makes me sick. This is murder. I see no difference between this and drowning your children in a bathtub, except in this case it's even more cowardly.

And you think they should just give her a mulligan for child neglect causing an agonizing death? Give your head a shake.

If you are any kind of parent, you don't 'forget' where your 17 month old child is. It's far more likely the poor child was left there on purpose.

As a parent, you are responsible for your child's wellbeing, especially when they are so young they cannot do anything for themselves.

This person has two other living children, and I don't see who in their right mind would leave them in her care. I would also like to point out that if this was the father as opposed to the mother, I doubt there would be any leniency period. Maximum possible sentence please.

Your attitude makes me sick and honestly, so does your ignorance...

Do you have any proof this was a premeditated and malicious act?

YbyN3vG.gif

Your attitude makes me sick and honestly, so does your ignorance...

Do you have any proof this was a premeditated and malicious act?

It's the "in" thing nowadays to go all emo and flip out.

Anyone else notice that it gives her age and 21 and that the 17 month year old was the youngest of 3. Girl seriously has some problems and should not be pittied in the least. actually making me mad just knowing people like her exist in the world. I work with kids i usually have 20-25 of them at the time. If 1 went missing for 5-10 minutes you call the cops, 1 hour that unexcusable.

I'm a dad with 2 kids. I never "forgot" them anywhere, never mind in a car. The worst I ever did was lock them in a car for a quick minute (with the alarm on) while I quickly got a jug of milk. I made sure I could see them through a store window and the car be of right temp

A case like this makes me wonder if she wanted the kid to die. You just don't forget them.

She should be charged.

Seems to me like you're a caring father, unfortunately not all parents are like yourself. You know what they say, some people just aren't meant to be mothers/fathers. Case in point, the safety and well-being of her youngest child just completely slipped her mind here.

For those who love their children dearly it's hard to fathom that you can forget about your child in your car, but you've got to remember that not everyone shares the same values. Who knows, as others have already mentioned the mother's young age, she was probably in for more than she can handle with 3 kids at 21. Maybe she does love her children, but being under large amounts of stress does horrible things to your brain.

Not that I'm trying to make excuses for her, but every now and then these things happen.

Just a tragic death to what could've been

Seems to me like you're a caring father, unfortunately not all parents are like yourself. You know what they say, some people just aren't meant to be mothers/fathers. Case in point, the safety and well-being of her youngest child just completely slipped her mind here.

For those who love their children dearly it's hard to fathom that you can forget about your child in your car, but you've got to remember that not everyone shares the same values. Who knows, as others have already mentioned the mother's young age, she was probably in for more than she can handle with 3 kids at 21. Maybe she does love her children, but being under large amounts of stress does horrible things to your brain.

Not that I'm trying to make excuses for her, but every now and then these things happen.

Just a tragic death to what could've been

that´s why a "checklist" is so important...

Lol

How the f&%k do you "FORGET" about your kid if I was her husband, boyfriend or whatever I would be livid and would probably punt her out the door

If the kid isn't old enough to unbuckle him/herself then she or he probably needs constant or close to constant supervision, it took her an hour to realize her kid was missing, lol

Like someone mentioned earlier "Candy Crush" was more important

Edit: realized the kid was 17 months, lul, she is a definite winner who shouldn't be allowed to breed

Im going to go against the seeming majority here (albeit not everyone is being extreme), and say that she doesn't deserve to get off scott free, nor does she deserve to die (seriously, lol). A couple years on a negligent homicide charge would be sufficient, should it be proven that it was indeed an accident.

Im going to go against the seeming majority here (albeit not everyone is being extreme), and say that she doesn't deserve to get off scott free, nor does she deserve to die (seriously, lol). A couple years on a negligent homicide charge would be sufficient, should it be proven that it was indeed an accident.

I think it was. She probably was going back out to get the child, when one of her other kids/something in the house distracted her, and one thing lead to another...

It's a sad state of affairs no matter how you paint the picture.

Archived