The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

11 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Most recently I picked at 59 and 60 so I am still up, I think it’s an overreaction tbh.

But I am watching it in case it drops down more, I picked up some KHC, probably the only food stock that is undervalued.

They have had lot of issues and bad leadership but I am hoping they are turning it around.

I was born in the 1970s but I wouldn’t get my prescription filled through Amazon despite the fact that we have Prime membership.

I actually just went to CVS a and Target to pick it up, that’s just me though, i don’t how many “old timers” feel that way.

I wouldn't order medicine from Amazon either.  Nothing wrong with Amazon, but it's pretty much just a reseller for the most part.  It would be like buying medicine from eBay.  

Unless they are operating an actual pharmacy business nowadays...

• Cheers 1

Just now, Lancaster said:

I wouldn't order medicine from Amazon either.  Nothing wrong with Amazon, but it's pretty much just a reseller for the most part.  It would be like buying medicine from eBay.  

Unless they are operating an actual pharmacy business nowadays...

Yeah, I am with you, when it comes to pills I prefer face to face meeting with a pharmacist.

Nice bump for DKNG to offset my CVS hit. 

Also, thanks PLUG for forcing my short-term play into a long one. I was up+50% before yesterday. 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/plug-powers-stock-tumbles-after-upsized-public-stock-offering-prices-at-11-discount-2020-11-17

Edited by Down by the River

Entered Pfizer large today. I think 35.80 was bottom, caught pretty close at 35.90. 

Submitting for emergency FDA any day, the approval should be a big catalyst. Mr. Buffet entered yesterday and more tutes piled in today. 

Any news in the future of partnering with Amazon on their new pharmacy would just be a gift.

16 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Entered Pfizer large today. I think 35.80 was bottom, caught pretty close at 35.90. 

Submitting for emergency FDA any day, the approval should be a big catalyst. Mr. Buffet entered yesterday and more tutes piled in today. 

Any news in the future of partnering with Amazon on their new pharmacy would just be a gift.

Pfizer is a freak of nature.. $32-$38 forever....

image.thumb.png.c9b4a3d0e3e7135f5a493078198845b8.png

I think the move to value continues. Bonds likely drop but yields are so poor that holding them doesn’t make sense. Stocks yielding at + 2% works. Elevated P/E’s even looked reasonable considering bond yields. 

Added to RXT, CVS and ABBV this morning. Would like more AMZN but must be less than $3000.

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think the move to value continues. Bonds likely drop but yields are so poor that holding them doesn’t make sense. Stocks yielding at + 2% works. Elevated P/E’s even looked reasonable considering bond yields. 

Added to RXT, CVS and ABBV this morning. Would like more AMZN but must be less than $3000.

Target is at 170, I remember analysts saying to get out when it was in 90-100 range.

Sometimes it pays not to listen to these bozos.

3 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Target is at 170, I remember analysts saying to get out when it was in 90-100 range.

Sometimes it pays not to listen to these bozos.

Knowing when to sell is the hardest part of investing for me. My intent when I buy is to hold the stock for the long term. That said my gold play might take 2 years to play out but it is not a long term hold. I have 10 asset allocation categories and try to hit those targets. Amazing how I have narrowed down which analysts I listen to. I drift towards fundamental analysis so hearing that opinion is self confirming stuff. The psychology is scary. I got scared out of CVS yesterday which contravened all my supposed discipline. The fact that I bought back in with a net gain just throws more gas on the fire. :(   

52 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Knowing when to sell is the hardest part of investing for me. My intent when I buy is to hold the stock for the long term. That said my gold play might take 2 years to play out but it is not a long term hold. I have 10 asset allocation categories and try to hit those targets. Amazing how I have narrowed down which analysts I listen to. I drift towards fundamental analysis so hearing that opinion is self confirming stuff. The psychology is scary. I got scared out of CVS yesterday which contravened all my supposed discipline. The fact that I bought back in with a net gain just throws more gas on the fire. :(   

Yeah, the old timing of the market is tough.

I sold MSFT because I thought it was going down more, but it bounced up to $230.

I sold CRM at 260 so when it went to 230 I looked like a genius, but know is back to 257.

Right now Target and abbot labs are the only ones I am “married to” since my percentage gain is big.

Everything else can come and go, I find my portfolio to be very fluid, sold CSCO for nice gain bought KHC.

With todays and yesterday’s drop my CVS gain has been cut in half so I watching that closely.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, inane said:

No hot tips in awhile! I've got some cash to burn ;)

Although it may not seem like it, my business has been smoking busy as I own a home inspection company. I'm looking for a stock to sink my money in for a while and been struggling to find 1 I like that's at a good price.

SBE looks to be one of the best future plays but I think I can get in around $17 with patients.

TTCF has come down alot since the merger I'm expecting a reversal soon,  it's high on my watch list.

Edited by AriGold2.0
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Although it may not seem like it, my business has been smoking busy as I own a home inspection company. I'm looking for a stock to sink my money in for a while and been struggling to find 1 I like that's at a good price.

SBE looks to be one of the best future plays but I think I can get in around $17 with patients.

TTCF has come down alot since the merger I'm expecting a reversal soon,  it's high on my watch list.

The word on SBE/chargepoint is starting to get out.. It is going to keep climbing with the rest of EV sector. There is still some volatility there so with that comes opportunity. I'm adding on red days to TSLA, NIO, SBE. I hold KCAC as well