The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

33 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I use Questrade. No complaints other than the UI. The App is very average but the website is fine. 

If there are any persons new to investing, I strongly advise against WealthSimple. Their UI is the absolute best, but unless you plan to exclusively trade on the TSX, it is not worth it for the fees you pay exchanging USD (you cannot hold an account with USD, so every transaction you lose about 1.5%).

On Qtrade the conversion cost is based on the amount of dollars converted. + $10,000 and cost drop down to about 0.8%. It does fluctuate. 

4 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

We’ve been loading BFT since the 12s expecting big moves in 2021 

Noice, yea I've been reading up on it. I think I may have posted something before but didn't get into it as it's a 2021 play, but with it rising up from 12 to 15, I figure I need to get in before I miss the lift off. 

There's been so many plays in December, it's hard to get into them all. 

I might just skip it, I like to get into SPACs near the 10 dollar for low risk, with BFT at 15 already I'll let the first run up and following dip run its course before jumping in.

Edited by Duodenum

6 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Noice, yea I've been reading up on it. I think I may have posted something before but didn't get into it as it's a 2021 play, but with it rising up from 12 to 15, I figure I need to get in before I miss the lift off. 

There's been so many plays in December, it's hard to get into them all. 

I might just skip it, I like to get into SPACs near the 10 dollar for low risk, with BFT at 15 already I'll let the first run up and following dip run its course before jumping in.

BFT is on another level. Bill Foley never loses. Just announced a deal with Microsoft/Xbox. Coinbase/Paysafe CC coming through Visa. 

Steve Grasso said it's an easy double, likely triple up.  (end of video)

3 hours ago, inane said:

What's with the chart for BFT?

image.png.4d970f5b66dee53d92b37732d3a0aab8.png

If we can get into 10k+ I'm all in lol

Weird...

• Cheers 1

Take this for what you will.. My moms next door neighbour ( the biggest dog I know in investment) send her this text, which she of course sent to me.

"Thankyou Merry Christmas buy PUBM going to be a wild ride" - That's the exact text.

He put me onto TTD @ $337 on June 4th (I didn't buy), it's $931 6 months later. I know he bought 3400 shares just prior to when he told us.

I'm gonna look very very deep into this tonight but wanted to see if anybody knows anything about PUBM ?! I have no idea...

31 minutes ago, AriGold2.0 said:

i wouldn't be lying if I said I wish I still had it. I was in NNDM before it was cool... Sold for $600 gain.. If I had held on I would be up around $22,000

image.thumb.png.950bb61260214df242be5435dd60d774.png

I sold for a $744 profit 

But ya...kinda wishing I was still in.  I reset my limit for $5.25 but it's never going that low again

2 hours ago, AriGold2.0 said:

BFT is on another level. Bill Foley never loses. Just announced a deal with Microsoft/Xbox. Coinbase/Paysafe CC coming through Visa. 

Steve Grasso said it's an easy double, likely triple up.  (end of video)

Weird...

I certainly hope so.  

Got into the warrants at $1.50.... and I'm hoping it will run up like QS.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

lol... NNDM could be the most broke of all broke companies in history, just pathetic...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nano-dimension-prices-250-million-025700667.html

7.50. Nice. New floor is 200%+ above entry now. Could see a run to the teens in Q1 2021. Whoever they eventually partner with is gonna be a whale in the sector. 

1 hour ago, AriGold2.0 said:

Wowza... Where was the heads up?! That's an unreal price...

I was just browsing the SPAC listing I posted a couple of pages back.... just reviewed the size of the SPAC, who were the main investors and stuff.  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/107XxlWIjPdjfrm_T2NDfUCsnFoH7dHhfprNPQZdcH4Y/edit#gid=0

(not my list, just one I found).  

It seems like SPAC is trending right now and just bought a whole bunch with huge backers.  

41 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Put-call ratio is at a 20 year low of .39 .

Who exactly is going to get squeezed? No one is short.

A few of my holdings have short interest at 38%+ and they are very likely in the red given price action of those stocks. They’ll want to close those positions to write off against 2020 gains.