The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

18 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

The smart suits have already loaded AMC at 6 this morning and GME at 150 for the run up, so when people celebrate screwing the suits, the suits are actually celebrating with them.

Then when this fad dies down, it'll become musical chairs. Who gets stuck with GME at 400 when its back at 20

i've dipped in and out of AMC 3 times today, never buying in higher than $8.45 and as low as $7.14 and selling at $10 ish each time.  just keeps triggering.  Next trigger is at $7.91 and if it doesn't hit by days end i'll cancel the order.  its made me almost $800 

if this is the thing that Ari was talking about, dipping in and out and eating profuts the whole way I can see why he enjoys it so much

45 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

DKNG on its way to 60 B)

sounds like there is some runway ahead to 100.. (best case scenario)
The 25 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Draftkings Inc have a median target of 60.00, with a high estimate of 100.00 and a low estimate of 41.00. The median estimate represents a +11.50% increase from the last price of 53.81.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Everyone should have bit the bullet in 08 and let them fail. Look at Iceland and how quickly they recovered.

• Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, DonLever said:

So are the trading restrictions on certain stocks on Robinhood and others permanent or just one day?  The small guys are getting pummeled today while the big guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

Someone actually posted that it appears as though restrictions might be lifted at the end of the trading day.  BUT....the issue is much of the apps that blocked those stocks do not allow for pre and post market trading, while these hedge fund and short groups can actively trade within the pre and post market hours.

Essentially they'd be watching their efforts be completely dumped on without any ability to do anything about it.

If this is in fact true, then this would be an outright slap int he face to the whole free market notion the US carries on about

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

i've dipped in and out of AMC 3 times today, never buying in higher than $8.45 and as low as $7.14 and selling at $10 ish each time.  just keeps triggering.  Next trigger is at $7.91 and if it doesn't hit by days end i'll cancel the order.  its made me almost $800 

if this is the thing that Ari was talking about, dipping in and out and eating profuts the whole way I can see why he enjoys it so much

If you like that, you'll love GNPK warrants.

1.8-2.3 multiple times a day almost every day until this reddit mess. 

I did the same thing as you while at work just set buy orders at limit between 1.8 and 1.83 and sells above 2.25

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

If you like that, you'll love GNPK warrants.

1.8-2.3 multiple times a day almost every day until this reddit mess. 

I did the same thing as you while at work just set buy orders at limit between 1.8 and 1.83 and sells above 2.25

I got bored of stagnant increases with GNPK sadly.  I bought higher than I should havee and sold for a meagre profit.  Still a profit but meh

I might seriously consider doing this though with a few different options

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

3 letters mate

AOC

She is furious and so are a few other new blood politicians.  Lets see who wins

I was skeptical of her in the beginning, but if she goes after Wall Street and follows through, I would think that should make her the next president 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

This should be proof enough that the politicians doesn't give a damn about the average person. 

All the politicking between left vs right is just theatrics to divert the attention of the masses from the fact that the politicians and their overlords are crafting an environment where they want to be the only real winners.

Buying/sell investment can almost be like exercising your freedom of speech/movement.... but you're using your money to do it.  

The next battle front will be people, governments, businesses deciding whether money belongs to the people (private) and governments just get part of it to use.... or money belongs to the government and people are just only allowed to use it.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, canuckster19 said:

I was skeptical of her in the beginning, but if she goes after Wall Street and follows through, I would think that should make her the next president 

She's always been against Wall Street, same with Kamala. They want to increase capital gains tax and push forward taxing unrealized gains.

Once the filter of reddit-anger dies down, those initiatives will be pushed back against.

I don’t invest in the stock market yet this really pisses me off.

I read something interesting, social media is now going to start censoring this, in collusion with Wall Street, and they’re going to get away with it, because if they can censor the President, who’s going to stop them from doing what they want? I hope everyone comes out ok... but I got a feeling this will get worse before it gets better.

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuckster19 said:

I don’t invest in the stock market yet this really pisses me off.

I read something interesting, social media is now going to start censoring this, in collusion with Wall Street, and they’re going to get away with it, because if they can censor the President, who’s going to stop them from doing what they want? I hope everyone comes out ok... but I got a feeling this will get worse before it gets better.

General strike time. 

:bigblush:

Jordan Belfort on CNN said platforms have halted trading to protect you from yourself by doing the due diligence on your part and legal action when GME and these other companies ultimately implode and they will. Especially GME with no earnings - because if you think it is worth $400, you are a fool, yet a plethora of uneducateds are putting money into it for absolutely no reason other than someone online told them to.

1 minute ago, BoKnows said:

Hearing rumours of Robinhood selling peoples shares of GME without their permission.  If this is the case, that has to be illegal right?  Like c'mon...

My job is actually monitoring client's portfolio and making sure I don't have to sell out client's portfolio, but there are stringent conditions required before you can sell out (at least where I work).

The client will have to be buying/sell on margin and they are way under-margined for their position (or purchased stock without margin but don't have cash upfront to fund the actual transaction).  A hypothetical scenario.... yesterday they purchase a whole bunch of AMC, BB, and GME shares on margin.  As I believe all three of those stocks are way down today, the client may have been hit with a margin call.  Normally the client will be notified that they are under margin and will have a day or two to cover (sometimes less if they're really in the hole), whether by liquidating some other non-marginable assets, scaling down marginable assets, or transferring in additional funds.  Assuming no action is taken, the firm can decide to sell (usually the most recent or volatile assets) to cover to protect the financial firm.  

• Thanks 1