The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Investing in the stock market - Discussion

AV's Coin

2 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

this is why bitcoin is the most important thing to happen to money since seashells

but hey, let's go back to discussing FunDAmNetNTaLS in hopes of getting a few crumbs here and there, if they let us?

clown market

If GME recovers im going heavy BTC

&^@# Wallstreet

15 hours ago, BoKnows said:

image.png.06b2ebc66dc6e6cfb22808d3c587f3bf.png

Markets are turning into another Oprah show. Everybody has their opinion. Nothing wrong with Reddit. It is just another market maker that takes advantage of perceived valuations. The commenter above hits it on the head. Governments are pumping money out as fast as they can print it and deliberately lowering the cost of money. People are inching further out onto the risk environment for return and there isn't much crying about it. Then you have morons who claim it affects only the 1%. The level of ignorance is scary. 

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Markets are turning into another Oprah show. Everybody has their opinion. Nothing wrong with Reddit. It is just another market maker that takes advantage of perceived valuations. The commenter above hits it on the head. Governments are pumping money out as fast as they can print it and deliberately lowering the cost of money. People are inching further out onto the risk environment for return and there isn't much crying about it. Then you have morons who claim it affects only the 1%. The level of ignorance is scary. 

But you have to think of those poor hedge fund investors. Some of them are down to their very last yachts some have actually had to sell their summer homes or at least one of them. Those evil lefties I tell you trying to make a dollar in the same system

:bigblush:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

But you have to think of those poor hedge fund investors. Some of them are down to their very last yachts some have actually had to sell their summer homes or at least one of them. Those evil lefties I tell you trying to make a dollar in the same system

:bigblush:

Anyone who gets a monthly pension cheque is likely benefiting from some kind of hedging strategy. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

this is why bitcoin is the most important thing to happen to money since seashells

but hey, let's go back to discussing FunDAmNetNTaLS in hopes of getting a few crumbs here and there, if they let us?

clown market

Market is manipulated but so is Bitcoin, price of anything can be manipulated from stocks, bonds, oil, gold, natural resources, food, water etc.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I still think bitcoin and all these crypto currency is a glass house just waiting to be shattered.

Me too.

Absolutely nothing.  No physical state.  Can't be us d anywhere.  Can't be cashed in.  It's the equivalent of world of Warcraft gold but it's worth tens of thousands of dollars

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Me too.

Absolutely nothing.  No physical state.  Can't be us d anywhere.  Can't be cashed in.  It's the equivalent of world of Warcraft gold but it's worth tens of thousands of dollars

There are several Canadian apps that let you pretty easily convert crypto back to fiat and transfer out now though...

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Me too.

It can be used and cashed... the premiums to buy/sell are crazy though. It makes a better form of currency than gold. Gold can't be split into small amounts precisely. A bitcoin can be divided by 100000, I think. But obviously a lot of risk and volatility.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Just so we're all in the clear here about why.  There's some furious people and the app/company is taking an absolute beating

image.png.1dfd9f0ad3bca10de3e24cc8a90e511d.png

RobinHood does not sell user data to Citadel. Citadel has no use for user data they are not Google. RobinHood sells Citadel order flow. Robinhood is up front about this. What do people expect from a free broker?

Don't want your order flow sold then trade with a real broker.

By restricting these symbols to close orders only RobinHood and other brokers saved their clients a crap ton of money because all these donkeys do is go long. In fact on RobinHood all you can do is go long as they do not allow short selling. In a crashing market they'd blow up and probably leave debit balances. .

I don't know who you're trading with but I can pretty much guarantee they sell your order flow to Citadel, Virtu, Sigma and others.

• Upvote 2

The part of me that pisses me off is that everyone involved in this is playing it off as "trying to help us out".  &^@# that $&!#!!  Retail investors know they're risking their investment when they invest.  Retail investors were making money and didn't need a helping hand.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

It can be used and cashed... the premiums to buy/sell are crazy though. It makes a better form of currency than gold. Gold can't be split into small amounts precisely. A bitcoin can be divided by 100000, I think. But obviously a lot of risk and volatility.

I like physical tangible items.

I've money in crypto, Bitcoin and ethereum and I'm doing ok on it but I also know if I lose it all that was the risk with trading in something that is only as real as people decide it to be.

A gold brick though...