The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Republican Debate On CNN - 3rd Debate - October 28

DonLever

Fiorina Surges to 2nd Place in Poll; Trump, Carson See Support Drop

There's a new outsider in the Republican in crowd.

Following a strong performance in Thursday's Republican presidential debate, former Hewlett-Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has vaulted into second place in the race. Fiorina's support in a new CNN/ORC national poll of registered voters now stands at 15 percent, up from the 3 percent she received when the poll was last taken in early September.

Billionaire Donald Trump still leads the GOP field, yet the 24 percent support he now registers is 8 points lower than the 32 percent he received earlier in the month. Ben Carson, the third candidate in the race to have never held elected office, also saw his numbers drop. Carson received 14 percent in the poll, down from the 19 percent he received in the previous CNN/ORC national poll.

But Fiorina was not the only candidate with reason to celebrate. Florida Senator Marco Rubio also experienced a bump from the second Republican debate. In the early September survey, Rubio had received just 3 percent support. In Sunday's version he showed 11 percent, putting him in 4th place behind the trio of outsiders.

The news was not nearly as encouraging for Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, an early conservative favorite, who is now polling at less than 1 percent. That downward trajectory began after Walker received 10 percent support in CNN/ORC's July poll. In mid August, he received 8 percent support, and in early September he had fallen to 5 percent.

The CNN/ORC poll was conducted Sept. 17-19. It surveyed 1,006 American adults, including 924 registered voters, of whom 444 are Republicans and independents who lean Republican. The margin of error is plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-09-20/fiorina-surges-to-2nd-place-in-poll-trump-carson-see-support-drop

I can't stands me no Carly :sick:

hardly believe any president. republican or democrat would start a WW3 with Russia.

George W. Bush was/is republican, Putin was there too. and Bush didn´t do that.

Americans know that Russians will not stay quiet about this...

Weapons are made to be used. If a guy like Trump becomes US President don't be shocked if tensions with the Russians ratchet up. Guys like him believe they can always win, even in nuclear war.

Weapons are made to be used. If a guy like Trump becomes US President don't be shocked if tensions with the Russians ratchet up. Guys like him believe they can always win, even in nuclear war.

USA and Russia should unite to destroy ISIS instead face each other to see who and when the WW3 will begin. Trump is an egomanicac but he´s not crazy enought to start a nuclear war with Russia...

fight Iraq is one thing. fight a nuclear superpower means the Armagedon...

USA and Russia should unite to destroy ISIS instead face each other to see who and when the WW3 will begin. Trump is an egomanicac but he´s not crazy enought to start a nuclear war with Russia...

fight Iraq is one thing. fight a nuclear superpower means the Armagedon...

Unlike President Obama, I do not think you would see President Trump getting pushed around. The point is this: For all of the Republican candidates... if they cannot stand up to Trump, they do not deserve to be President.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watch tonight's Republican Debate?

I tried.  I tried sitting back and watching it.  But  it was bad.  Like really bad.  They were asked the EXACT same question that was asked to the Democratic candidates, Sanders and Clinton answered it.  The Republican field launched an attack against the Moderators claiming it was Liberal bias and that the questions were tough, antagonistic and unfair.

No joke, the exact same question about their specific economic policy.

Correct me if I amw rong, but the future potential POTUS should be able to answer a tough question about economic policy on the fly, except Carson quoted god, Trump said something unintelligent and The only people with a shred of decency up there were Christie and the moderators.  Mods accused of treating it like a cage match, and pitting the candidates against each other.

Except...all night long it was just republicans attacking republicans and no substance coming from anywhere.  There were a few questionable moments from mods when they demanded answers.  But, by and large how is that an attack?  When you are hosting a debate and all one candidate can do is question another ones religious morals when asked about foreign policy.....ya know

I tried.  I tried sitting back and watching it.  But  it was bad.  Like really bad.  They were asked the EXACT same question that was asked to the Democratic candidates, Sanders and Clinton answered it.  The Republican field launched an attack against the Moderators claiming it was Liberal bias and that the questions were tough, antagonistic and unfair.

No joke, the exact same question about their specific economic policy.

Correct me if I amw rong, but the future potential POTUS should be able to answer a tough question about economic policy on the fly, except Carson quoted god, Trump said something unintelligent and The only people with a shred of decency up there were Christie and the moderators.  Mods accused of treating it like a cage match, and pitting the candidates against each other.

Except...all night long it was just republicans attacking republicans and no substance coming from anywhere.  There were a few questionable moments from mods when they demanded answers.  But, by and large how is that an attack?  When you are hosting a debate and all one candidate can do is question another ones religious morals when asked about foreign policy.....ya know

lol? Are you sure you were watching the Republican debate last night on CNBC? Or did you just check Huffington Post for their uunbiased overview?

Archived