The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2015 Canucks Training Camp Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

I'm glad for Dorsett's sake that they did not go.

Pedan could have learned something from Dorsett. He knows how to protect himself. Which is why he has survived at 195 lbs taking on heavyweights at times. Even when he loses a fight.

Not saying Dors would have won. But I doubt he would have got knocked out.

Pedan needs to learn this.

They'll be talking about me at least - days after the fact even - if you quoting posts from 3 days and 6 pages ago is any indication...

:rolleyes:

EDIT: but back on topic. Even if my time is pretty tied up watching the Rugby World Cup right now, I'm super excited to see how camp shakes out and how our younger players do. It'll be an interesting year at least!

Watched every world cup game so far.

Watched every world cup game so far.

Just catching up on today's games, watching NZ/Arg right now. Man, that SA/Jap game...

On TV? Can't seem to find the channell. Might no have it :(

TSN. It's spread across all 5 channels.

But back to hockey, here's the YouTube of the scrimmage highlights:

Ahh yeah it was too. They crossed paths immediately after. from where I sat I thought it was Jared.

Bo watched the entire game right next to us in the Zamboni entrance. We had the first 3 seats next to it.

I was sitting right below the camera so I had a pretty good view of everything from there and Hammer was watching from right above us. It was pretty awesome to have the Canucks here for camp. I'm sure Hamhuis had a big part in getting that to happen now that he is part of the Cougars team ownership.

So.. cuts? Who heads to hockeyville?

I'm thinking some of the C prospects and Utica depth don't even get a game in. Cut:

F:

Kurtz

Petit

Bancks

Hamilton

D:

Negrin

Neil

Olson

Then for hockeyville, I believe 1040 mentioned the twins having the day off, so they could potentially play there. They also believe the new look 2nd line of Sutter/Baertschi will be showcased at home in Rogers Arena. I'm going to say:

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Vey - Jensen

Gaunce - McCann - Grenier

Stewart - Jones - Zalewski

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Hutton - Corrado

Pedan - Subban

Markstrom

Bachman

Total shot in the dark, but line ups are fun. PRESEASON TOMORROW!

Canucks reduce pre-season roster by three players:

Vancouver, B.C. –Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by three players.

The following players have been assigned to their junior clubs:

Tate Olson Defence Prince George WHL

Carl Neill Defence Sherbrooke QMJHL

Kyle Pettit Centre Erie OHL

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779869&utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=osda&hootPostID=66ea4a2f0b42cd585663892f6cd98c90

So.. cuts? Who heads to hockeyville?

I'm thinking some of the C prospects and Utica depth don't even get a game in. Cut:

F:

Kurtz

Petit

Bancks

Hamilton

D:

Negrin

Neil

Olson

Then for hockeyville, I believe 1040 mentioned the twins having the day off, so they could potentially play there. They also believe the new look 2nd line of Sutter/Baertschi will be showcased at home in Rogers Arena. I'm going to say:

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Shinkaruk - Vey - Jensen

Gaunce - McCann - Grenier

Stewart - Jones - Zalewski

Sbisa - Bartkowski

Hutton - Corrado

Pedan - Subban

Markstrom

Bachman

Total shot in the dark, but line ups are fun. PRESEASON TOMORROW!

I was actually surprised at how good Petit played in the training camp as well as Negrin. I'm not saying they will make the team but I would be surprised if they were cutting that many players immediately. Also from the interview with Jim Benning today it sounds like they are intending to keep a lot of the players around for the first 4 games before deciding who to cut.

Canucks reduce pre-season roster by three players:

Vancouver, B.C. Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the Canucks have reduced their pre-season roster by three players.

The following players have been assigned to their junior clubs:

Tate Olson Defence Prince George WHL

Carl Neill Defence Sherbrooke QMJHL

Kyle Pettit Centre Erie OHL

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779869&utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=osda&hootPostID=66ea4a2f0b42cd585663892f6cd98c90

I'm guessing they want these guys back to junior right away since they know they won't be making the team.

I was actually surprised at how good Petit played in the training camp as well as Negrin. I'm not saying they will make the team but I would be surprised if they were cutting that many players immediately. Also from the interview with Jim Benning today it sounds like they are intending to keep a lot of the players around for the first 4 games before deciding who to cut.

He's cut!

Archived