The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cuts tomorrow

GrandpaCanuck

You'd have to expect gaunce is the first call up for LW/C this year. I think he played a solid game all pre-season long and probably deserved a look at a few games.

It's all about numbers right now.

In order to give Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton longer looks, he and Kenins had to go down.

I would imagine the next round of cuts are the waiver players. Biega and possibly Cracknell. Which would put us down to 23 players with Higgins on IR.

Not really.

They could have easily sent McCann to junior and kept Gaunce while Higgins is injured. He's shown he can fill in that left wing role.

Yes he has, but his best place now is in Utica. He can be called up again any time he's needed. Plus, I still say his feet are slow.

My post from page 7, before the Gaunce and Kenins news came out:

Posted Today, 03:34 PM

Cracknell, Kenins and Gaunce will be sent down...the last two just because they can be sent down and brought back up at anytime.

Biega will also get sent down, leaving us 8 D. and 13 forwards to start the season.

Then when Higgins gets back one of Hutton or Corrado gets sent down and we go with 7 D. and 14 forwards and/or Vey gets traded.

Sedins / Vrbata

Baer / Horvat / Virtanen

Hansen / McCann / Burrows

Prust / Sutter / Dorsett

Vey

Edler / Tanev

Hammer / Hutton

Sbisa / Weber or Bart.

Bart / Corrado

There's your cup winning team...maybe not this year....

Don't know what to tell you. Pretty easy to see coming.

So easy to say in hindsight. :lol:

Nobody actually knows what the conversation was behind closed doors. To pretend to is just a big assumption.

I could easily say it would be unsurprising if both Virtanen and McCann were sent back to junior. If that were the case, Gaunce wouldn't have been sent down.

So easy to say in hindsight. :lol:

Nobody actually knows what the conversation was behind closed doors. To pretend to is just a big assumption.

I could easily say it would be unsurprising if both Virtanen and McCann were sent back to junior. If that were the case, Gaunce wouldn't have been sent down.

Was saying this morning and yesterday too... Pretty clear they'd send the waiver exempt guys down. They can call them back up for game 2 if they want.

Vey and Cracknell will get sent down. I don't see how you send 1 of the 2 kids down without 9 games it's cut both or none.

Why is it both or none? Both different players in different positions playing behind different players in different contractual situations.

Archived