The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 - SN/SN360 - 7:00 PT/8:00 MT/10:00 ET

cleowin

id like to see gaunce in that fourth line center spot...

Hmm, think he's a fixture as a winger atm....

I'm thinking that JB and Linden will have a hard look at letting Virtanen and McCann go to world juniors. Gives guys like Gaunce and Kenins a shot at a second impression in the NHL, mid season. Conversely it can bring out the offensive tools in McCann and Virtanen.

Good idea or not, I'm not sure but it's definitely an option to think about

I can see I won't be seeing Hutton in Utica this year.

McCann looks great aside from getting bounced around a bit.

Agree with comments on Bartkowski.

Vbata looked good in the 3d, Baer made some mistakes early but he creates space and has chemistry with Horvat. Just don't think Vrbata is right with those two. Get Virtanen back in with them, or Dorset or Hansen, and move Vrbata (with McCann?) but keep him on PP. Maybe Dorset sits for a game or two.

I can see I won't be seeing Hutton in Utica this year.

McCann looks great aside from getting bounced around a bit.

Agree with comments on Bartkowski.

Vbata looked good in the 3d, Baer made some mistakes early but he creates space and has chemistry with Horvat. Just don't think Vrbata is right with those two. Get Virtanen back in with them, or Dorset or Hansen, and move Vrbata (with McCann?) but keep him on PP. Maybe Dorset sits for a game or two.

I saw him take a pretty nasty hit early on along the boards. Got right up like it was nothing and made the play.

Agree with pretty much everything you said, tho.

Great game.. Edler with Tanev look good, Hutton played so well and McCann had some great shifts. Daniel, Hank and Sutter was really good, that could be a 1st line for the season.

The 4th line make fun... this is what we need. :towel:

BTW.. how old is Sam Bennett? :canucks:

Great game.. Edler with Tanev look good, Hutton played so well and McCann had some great shifts. Daniel, Hank and Sutter was really good, that could be a 1st line for the season.

The 4th line make fun... this is what we need. :towel:

BTW.. how old is Sam Bennett? :canucks:

The correct answer is "Who gives a f%$&?"

Most impressive part of this game for me was the 60 minute effort. Sure it's game 1, but how many times have we seen our guys take their foot off the gas with a lead? Excellent effort from all 4 lines tonight.

Really impressed with the first line tonight. Great possession, looked dangerous all night. Hope Sutter sticks with them; man it's gotta be fun playing with the twins when they're on their game.

Vrbata is the biggest question mark for me moving forward. If Virtanen slots in Saturday with Horvat and Baertschi all of a sudden Vrbata is a 5 million dollar 3rd liner. With the way we roll our lines, minutes shouldn't be a problem but his ego may take a hit.

Loved McCann centering two vets in Burrows and Hansen. Great way to let him do his thing with sound defensive players around him, similar to Horvat's path last year. Hope he impresses enough to stick around as well.

As I said, it's only game 1, but I'm going to have one helluva good time watching this team this year, win or lose.

Sutter looks like a Sedin. Hopefully he can handle it against some of the league's with bigger defenseman. They looked good tonight.

Yes I think the twins were slightly surprised because if you look back, Sutter laid 2 chances on a plate for them before they had broken sweat.

Nice game, hope they can play this way all season, prove that they are a better team than predicted to be

Sorry man but many of us have not signed up to the "doom and gloom" charter, so speak for yourself.

We have a good team, THE TWINS, a "really good" coach, and a great GM, why shouldn't we think we could do well?

Everything they say about canucks is negative, unsure of team, won't make playoffs, miller not as good, etc

Everything about Calgary is shiny and new and young and full of pep and what a chance they have.

I hate the sportsnet broadcast

3-1, 30 shots to 15 over 2 period

"Canucks got lucky."

Ummmm....

you gotta wonder what the calgary fans are thinking as they walk back to their farms tonight .. gotta be bummed out

Exactly the way the game was last time the Sedins played in Calgary. Except the slow defense that cost us a 3 - 0 lead. way to go Benning /Linden. Its only one game but this team once again has some crazy depth. As I have posted all along I expect a top 4 finnish. But I still know its only one game. But not like its a 3-2 squeaker. 4o shots 5 goals 4 shots on one power play, Secound power play looked dangerous. Bartowski and Hutton have added a ton of speed. Sedins will get 85 points. As I have said in previous posts. Because they have some depth and speed on the back end.

Archived