The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 - SN/SN360 - 7:00 PT/8:00 MT/10:00 ET

cleowin

93-0 Flames.

No longer 18, Sam Bennett is held off the scoresheet for the first time in recorded history, leaving the Sportsnet commentators confused and in tears. Micheal Ferland rescues the Flames by scoring 31 hat-tricks and injuring every single Canuck on the ice, including both goaltenders. Jim Benning is forced to suit up and is carted off on a stretcher after just one minute of play.

Meanwhile, on the HFBoards Canucks forum, every poster mourns the loss of their team but celebrates the supposed demise of their GM.

...don't slam the door on your way out...

Please find and link the article or interview where this is quoted. Seems unlikely for the Sedins to say something like this.

They said they need a forechecker on their line because otherwise they have to retrieve pucks themselves and its too hard on their bodies.

Virtanen out? That seems odd given he should be getting his 9 games. No point sitting him, unless he's hurt or they plan to have fireworks with ferland and they want veteran fighters.

Derp.

Or they don't want 3 rookies in a mean-something game all at once? Might be that. They'll sit McCaan next game, move sutter back to centre, move Vrbata in with the twins and stick Virtanen with Bear-tree and BoHo

I absolutely love how over-confident Flames fans are this year. In their minds, the regular season is just a waste of time, a process they must go through. The sooner it is over, the sooner they can get their Stanley Cup! Good stuff, good stuff. Makes me smile.

They have pretty good reason. They have a solid 4 lines and maybe the best top 4d in the league. I think theyll challenge the Ducks for the div

"I've been part of a few rivalries before and this one should be good. I can't wait to get going tonight" - Sutter

Yep, he ain't lying. Even though he was an east coast boy, Sutter has been through some harsh rivalries. I think we are about to witness the start of the most intense rivalry in the league for the next 3-4 years. It is going to blow the old Canucks-Flames rivalry out of the water. Whoever wins tonight will probably lose on Saturday, so it doesn't really matter. If we go in there tonight and whoop them on their home ice opener, then they will come back on Saturday and do the same for us on our home ice opener. The hate is real.

I absolutely love how over-confident Flames fans are this year. In their minds, the regular season is just a waste of time, a process they must go through. The sooner it is over, the sooner they can get their Stanley Cup! Good stuff, good stuff. Makes me smile.

They're the same as us but with better D

They have pretty good reason. They have a solid 4 lines and maybe the best top 4d in the league. I think theyll challenge the Ducks for the div

Even with the inclusion of Hamilton and Giordano,..I still don't think that the Flames really challenge the Ducks..IMO...The Ducks took them out with relative ease in the second round last year.

Hardly ever post lineups but this seems obvious...

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata //bona fide #1

Baertschi - Horvat - Virtannen //electric scoring potential

Burrows - McCann - Hansen //McCann dish to power or speed

Prust - Sutter - Dorsett //Smash line plus breakaway scoring

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bartowski

Hutton - Sbisa

Miller

We'll see how Cracknell does... hoping for a good game from him though

You must be referring to the fact it's obviously never going to happen when you say that it seams obvious.

Bata is not going to play with the twins unless all else fails and seeing that burr is a great backup plan it's very unlikely we will see that first line other then the pp or the occasional shift mix up.

Sutter on the 4th? Lmao... There is no way we traded for sutter to play on the 4th. You have to realize even if we roll 4 lines the 4th still gets less time and has a toll to play. Sutter will be in the top 3.

Flames D is overrated. Besides Giordano, everyone else is a crap shoot.

They literally had one good year last year after many years of inconsistency. It's like the entire group played to their potential all at the same time but I don't see that happening again...

Yes advanced stats, blah blah blah but honestly, their record and results are unsustainable.

Archived