The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Vancouver Canucks Vs. Calgary Flames - Wed, Oct 7, 2015 - SN/SN360 - 7:00 PT/8:00 MT/10:00 ET

cleowin

Flames D is overrated. Besides Giordano, everyone else is a crap shoot.

They literally had one good year last year after many years of inconsistency. It's like the entire group played to their potential all at the same time but I don't see that happening again...

Yes advanced stats, blah blah blah but honestly, their record and results are unsustainable.

I agree they could falter, but theres a lot of character on that team. I think they'll continue their upward trend. They won't roll over teams, but I think they'll work hard with intensity and play a disciplined game.

I absolutely love how over-confident Flames fans are this year. In their minds, the regular season is just a waste of time, a process they must go through. The sooner it is over, the sooner they can get their Stanley Cup! Good stuff, good stuff. Makes me smile.

That sounds like us up to 2 years ago.

Flames D is overrated. Besides Giordano, everyone else is a crap shoot.

They literally had one good year last year after many years of inconsistency. It's like the entire group played to their potential all at the same time but I don't see that happening again...

Yes advanced stats, blah blah blah but honestly, their record and results are unsustainable.

Brodie and Russell were both pretty reliable last year and that was without their clear top d-man out from injury. Now that they added Hamilton as a clear offensive dman, on paper they are very good.

Granted like you said they have to show that they can bring the positives from last year into this year but I don't see why they couldn't.

My dark horse is if Hamilton will fit in the no non-sense hard work mentality of Hartley's system. I like Hartley (other than his goon tactics from 2 years ago) but he seems arrogant and 'his way or the highway' kind of guy.

You didn't like 3 rock solid scoring chances for Sutter? I loved that combo as Hank cant handle the big guys anymore.....let Sutter do that heavy lifting. I think its a great way to keep their toi up.

^this

butter and the twins is starting to grow on me for exactly for this reason.

burrows, vrbata, and hansen can all slot in there just fine but none of them can grind out the heavy game the way sutter can(maybe jake will get there sooner than later :))

those guys will all get their looks away from the other teams top defenders now too

UNLEASH THE CRACKENING!!1!

Hell yeah. The guy knows that this is the chance of a lifetime. He will play his heart out every game just like he did in training camp. Gotta love it.. .great story for sure. It's also gotta be about the money too a little bit. A guy like cracknell isn't getting younger and AHL doesn't pay very much. Funny what $600k a year versus $80k a year will do for motivation :)

@HockeyAbbs: #Canucks Desjardins opinion on Virtanen is that with the combo of guys in lineup, others were ahead of him in that role. #canuckson1040

He had Cracknell over Virtanen? Interesting.

Yeah I would have put prust in between dorsett and virts it is what it is though

@HockeyAbbs: #Canucks Desjardins opinion on Virtanen is that with the combo of guys in lineup, others were ahead of him in that role. #canuckson1040

He had Cracknell over Virtanen? Interesting.

Well he is a pretty interesting guy... i mean he put Sutter with the Sedins. With WD, you have to expect the unexpected.

Who knows, next game we might see Virtanen with the Sedins.

Archived