The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

22 minutes ago, Pears said:

Dear god what’s gonna happen if the Raptors win and Kawhi gets Finals MVP???

4638180C-4E80-49B5-A124-B61C635B91D2.png

Lol that’s just Skip being Skip. No Lebron these Playoffs so he has to hate on someone else...

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J-23 said:

Lol that’s just Skip being Skip. No Lebron these Playoffs so he has to hate on someone else...

Of course he hates on Kawhi, well known that he is a die hard Spurs Fan.

Of course he is jealous of the run Kawhi has been on to lead the Raptors.

Pretty fitting he hates on the guy with the most LeBron like game in the NBA right now after he hated on LeBron in his prime too...

• Upvote 2

Personally, I've been operating under the assumption that Kawhi is leaving since the trade.....For me, it just makes this run all the more special.

I think Ujiri knows it too. He decided to go all-in anyway and I respect him for it. You don't get a chance like this very often. (Unless you're the Dubs and have a loaded roster, mostly under team control) For me, it's much like when AA decided to go for it with the Jays and acquired Tulo. (and others) It fell short, but I respect him for recognizing the opportunity and going for it, even knowing what would happen to the team shortly after.

If it goes that way for the Raps in the Finals and then Kawhi walks in the summer, I'll still look at this as the best front office move in the history of the franchise. Basically the equivalent of the Jays trading for Alomar and Carter...

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gotta say, Bucks fans took something negative and turned it into something positive:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nba/raptors-superfan-nav-bhatia-targeted-with-racist-tweet-then-the-tweeter-apologized/ar-AABV0VK?li=AAggNb9

Props to Nav for taking the high road and props to the fans from Milwaukee, for stepping up and letting him know that one racist tweet wasn't representative of the fanbase as a whole.

I have hated the raptors ever since Vince left, but my hate for the warriors trumps that. I am a raptors fan this series, but I doubt they have a chance.

The icing on the cake after these playoffs would be if Kawhi decides to join LeBron

• Upvote 1