The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

27 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Raptors, Suns, Heat are all real possibilities for KD. My guess is Suns too just but Raptors have a legit chance. Gotta keep Barnes out of all trade talk though. 

Highly doubt the Raptors have a legit chance, without parting ways with Scottie.

I guess you can give them OG, Trent, and 3 first round picks. But is Masai willing to do that and is that enough for Brooklyn?

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267765/Kevin-Durant-Only-Wants-To-Play-For-Heat-With-Jimmy-Butler-Kyle-Lowry-Bam-Adebayo

Kevin Durant reportedly has the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat at the top of his trade list. A deal to the Suns is difficult to put together because of sign-and-trade complications involving Deandre Ayton on both the Suns and Nets sides.

A trade to the Heat is complicated by Durant's own desires. Durant reportedly wants to play in Miami only if the Heat keep Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry and Bam Adebayo.

While it's understandable why Durant would want to play with the Heat's best players, it makes finding a trade package virtually impossible. Miami simply doesn't have the available matching salary without including one of those three players. Trading Adebayo to Brooklyn is also not allowed as long as Ben Simmons remains on the roster. This is due to both Adebayo and Simmons being signed to Designated Rookie extensions.

On 7/2/2022 at 1:02 PM, Mj2345 said:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/267765/Kevin-Durant-Only-Wants-To-Play-For-Heat-With-Jimmy-Butler-Kyle-Lowry-Bam-Adebayo

Kevin Durant reportedly has the Phoenix Suns and Miami Heat at the top of his trade list. A deal to the Suns is difficult to put together because of sign-and-trade complications involving Deandre Ayton on both the Suns and Nets sides.

A trade to the Heat is complicated by Durant's own desires. Durant reportedly wants to play in Miami only if the Heat keep Jimmy Butler, Kyle Lowry and Bam Adebayo.

While it's understandable why Durant would want to play with the Heat's best players, it makes finding a trade package virtually impossible. Miami simply doesn't have the available matching salary without including one of those three players. Trading Adebayo to Brooklyn is also not allowed as long as Ben Simmons remains on the roster. This is due to both Adebayo and Simmons being signed to Designated Rookie extensions.

Both kind of help the case for the Raptors in the hunt. With those factors in play for trades with Phoenix and Miami I wonder if the best package they could get would be OG, GTJ and a bunch of picks. With us having Barnes and Siakam as untouchables. Also if not for Durant I wonder if being a third party team in to help facilitate Durant to Pheonix where we get Ayton is an option. 

5 hours ago, shiznak said:

I guess I was wrong.

The Raptors have the second best odds at landing KD.

Drake connection and I think KD grew up watching a bunch of Raps cause of VC. Legitimate chance lfg! 

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Drake connection and I think KD grew up watching a bunch of Raps cause of VC. Legitimate chance lfg! 

Anybody but Siakam and Barnes……to a lesser extent Fred as well. 

PG - FVV

SG - Durant

SF - Barnes

PF - Siakam

C - Achiuwa

Bench - Porter, Young, Boucher, Jalen Harris, Banton, and Koloko.

That’s a championship team right there. 

Edited by shiznak

14 minutes ago, shiznak said:

PG - FVV

SG - Durant

SF - Barnes

PF - Siakam

C - Achiuwa

Contender sure but that team isn't beating the Bucks or Celtics. Going to need more. 

1 minute ago, Van40 said:

Contender sure but that team isn't beating the Bucks or Celtics. Going to need more. 

Bucks are beatable. Bucks lost a lot of depth, Middleton is coming off a major surgery and Jru is on-and-off. Raptors also without KD, swept the season series this year, albeit two of those games were without Giannis.

Celtics, they tied the season series.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, shiznak said:

PG - FVV

SG - Durant

SF - Barnes

PF - Siakam

C - Achiuwa

If Van Vleet, Barnes and Siakam are all still around, who are the Raptors trading?  Anunoby, Trent Jr. and 1st's?  I doubt the Nets do it if none of the 3 I mentioned are moved.  It's not like they'll want a Gobert trade package, would they?  KD's one of the top 15 players ever so he'll at least get one of them IMO.

• Huggy Bear 1

On 7/3/2022 at 4:11 PM, shiznak said:

I guess I was wrong.

The Raptors have the second best odds at landing KD.

Same man, but I would love for this to happen so American media can lose their minds. 

21 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If Van Vleet, Barnes and Siakam are all still around, who are the Raptors trading?  Anunoby, Trent Jr. and 1st's?  I doubt the Nets do it if none of the 3 I mentioned are moved.  It's not like they'll want a Gobert trade package, would they?  KD's one of the top 15 players ever so he'll at least get one of them IMO.

Hence why I said, is it even enough for Brooklyn to even consider?

Both OG and Trent Jr. are still relatively young (24 and 23), and both averaged 17+ points a game (17 and 18). They’re also elite defenders at their positions. 

I mean if I had the choice between Ayton and Bridges or OG and Trent. I would probably pick the latter.

Ayton’s name has the star power and potential of being great but he’s known to take nights off more often than not. Bridges is just known for his defence. 

I hate soo much about the NBA. The way the stars run the team, the way Max deals are, the way guys demand trades. But I also love it. Keep barnes and maybe if possible siakam. Everything is fair game for KD. 100% no Barnes regardless. It would be neat to have KD in Canada. He would be a King here lol