The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NBA Discussion

BoKnows

Thunder take a 3-2 series lead against in Spurs in SA, who saw that coming? OKC can win the series at home in game 6.

Westbrook with a huge game and game securing play. Up 1 with 20 sec left gets the bucket and 1 for a 4 point lead.

1 assist shy of triple-double.

13 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Don't know how a guy who only plays on one end of the floor gets unanimous mvp.

Greatest shooter of all time and all but that's ridiculous imo.

Led league in steals this year with 169. Led league in steals last season with 163. Steals are generally considered a defensive stat.

7 hours ago, gurn said:

Led league in steals this year with 169. Led league in steals last season with 163. Steals are generally considered a defensive stat.

James Harden was 3rd in steals last year and he's regarded as one of the worst defenders in the league...

Night in night out, Curry was the weakest defender on the floor for the Warriors. He usually took the other team's weakest offensive player cause guys like Westbrook, Lillard, killed him. Heck even Lowry lit him up. 

My point was that, MJ, Kobe, and to a lesser extent Lebron all have excelled at both ends of the floor and didn't win unanimous mvp. Yet Curry who's had 1 great year, and has excelled only at the offensive part of the game, is the 1st player ever to win unanimous mvp. That's a joke imo. 

1 minute ago, the last outlaw said:

No way anyone is beating Golden State.

IF Raps manage to get East Final that will be their NBA Finals.

I wouldn't say "no way", but yeah, they're definitely the favorites at the moment. 

Honestly rooting for anyone but them at this point, don't want to see them repeat.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, the last outlaw said:

No way anyone is beating Golden State.

IF Raps manage to get East Final that will be their NBA Finals.

I get what you mean. But if you look at it, yea Golden State beat Portland in 5, but every game was close with the Blazers leading in some at one point. If anyone can beat the Warriors it's either OKC or a healthy Cleveland. 

Edited by Pears
Correction

On 5/14/2016 at 5:50 PM, HawksFan94 said:

I wouldn't say "no way", but yeah, they're definitely the favorites at the moment. 

Honestly rooting for anyone but them at this point, don't want to see them repeat.

Normally I'd agree, but if Curry's injury flares up again, all bets are off.

I'm just glad to see OKC get past the Spurs. I've nothing but respect for what they've been able to do in San Antonio, but I was getting a bit tired of seeing them win. I also haven't forgiven them for the 2007 Robert Horry bodycheck on Steve Nash that IMO, cost the Suns the series.