The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should we abolish Daylight Savings Time?

Ghostsof1915

On 3/18/2016 at 3:35 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's abolish MONDAYS, shall we??

Go strayghte to Tuesday, dammitall!

2 Fridays every wk. Call it like, Frione, & Frideux, or something interesting...

Hear hear! Tuesday sucks anyhow and I do my best to treat Thursday like Friday.

But DST blows goats, we must never fall back again!

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Hear hear! Tuesday sucks anyhow and I do my best to treat Thursday like Friday.

But DST blows goats, we must never fall back again!

Don't know Lucky, DST is the only saving I've done my whole life! I once moved the cash-wad from the main pocket to the opposite, & I fooled myself for only a few days...

Now then, you could live here in Japan. They won't have this DST-nonsense, but the sun rises before the zombies get to bed..& it's dark bloody early. With all the slim girls flitting about, one constantly falls in love at prime-time, with ample hrs of darkness.

2 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I see your dilemma.

Here on Vancouver Island, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark...

Then we spring forward and you actually feel lighter, the air is softer, the legs start coming out, flowers and knees are blooming.

I'd rather a bit of light at the end of the work day through the winter.

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I see your dilemma.

Here on Vancouver Island, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark...

Then we spring forward and you actually feel lighter, the air is softer, the legs start coming out, flowers and knees are blooming.

I'd rather a bit of light at the end of the work day through the winter.

Aah, lived in Vic(late-90's) for a yr..bloody paradise-found. Started thinking of the Lower Rainland as a seperate planet.

10 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Aah, lived in Vic(late-90's) for a yr..bloody paradise-found. Started thinking of the Lower Rainland as a seperate planet.

I'm lucky(lager) enough to be raising my family here in Vic. 

We've had a particularly windy and dark winter, I'm fricken over it and the mere though of moving the clock back makes me need a drink.

• 11 months later...

It makes me grumpy, losing an hour of sleep, and this cold weather. I'm flying up to Vancouver tomorrow for a Canucks game on Monday. At least my flight technically takes off an hour earlier, but still grumpy about losing an hour.

11 hours ago, brilac said:

It makes me grumpy, losing an hour of sleep, and this cold weather. I'm flying up to Vancouver tomorrow for a Canucks game on Monday. At least my flight technically takes off an hour earlier, but still grumpy about losing an hour.

Should take you about an hour to get over it I bet.:P:ph34r:

Get rid of it!    It messes with people and, for those who have to be up at 4:30 AM, a great deal.   We get into a rhythm and it throws it off.  I set an alarm, but don't ever have to rely on it and wake up before it goes off....except with this crap.

On 11/2/2015 at 7:19 AM, Dittohead said:

Gee not this again.  nothing will change anytime soon but I'll bet we see another post about this in the spring. I suggest you move closer to the equator if you want 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness.

Sunrise would be 4 -4:30 am in the summer  here  that's a bit early.   

Archived