The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who gets moved once everyone is healthy?

TheRussianRocket.

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vbrata is slowly becoming more and more dispensable. At the end of the season last year I would have thought losing a 30 goal scorer would have cost us a season, but right now Vbrata isn't playing very well - he's just not finishing. Generating a lot of chances, shooting a lot but not scoring and boasting our worst +/-. I'm sure he's just snake bitten and will start heating up later in the season, but if he still stinks around January I'd consider trading him. We have plenty of great kids who can score and Gaunce and Shinkaruk are just chomping at the bit. It'll really depend how the rest of the players go.

If Horvat can excel and advance his game to 2nd line player material, we can put Sutter on the top line. If McCann can get better and better, he moves up as our 3rd line center, we have Cracknell or Prust as the 4C and suddenly Vbrata's absence is completely forgotten. Instead, we might be able to get a top-4 defenceman or high pick out of him.

As for Hamhuis, I wouldn't touch him. This defence is thin enough.

Basically this. At the trade dealine, there has to be teams with a few extra Dmen(Nashville.Winnepeg) willing to trade for some help up front. This would be the ideal time to make a move.

I just hope come trade deadline we are sellers.  I tired of being a bubble team.  Sucks but the reality is that it needs to get ugly in order to get higher draft picks and aquire some picks via trade.  Worst case scenario we dont do anything at deadline and lose our FAs for nothing.  We arent winning the cup this year so management needs to get as many picks and prospects as possible. 

I just hope come trade deadline we are sellers.  I tired of being a bubble team.  Sucks but the reality is that it needs to get ugly in order to get higher draft picks and aquire some picks via trade.  Worst case scenario we dont do anything at deadline and lose our FAs for nothing.  We arent winning the cup this year so management needs to get as many picks and prospects as possible. 

tell the owners that.  They are stupidly stuck in between building a winner and making the playoffs.  Our two best teams (94 and 2011) were built around top picks - Trevor was 2nd overall, and the Twins were 2nd and 3rd overall.  We really need top five picks for a couple years in a row.  

Buff and Lucic please. 

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Lucic-Horvat-Virtanen

Shinkaruk-McCann-Hansen

Prust-Sutter-Dorsett

Cracknell,Gaunce

Hutton-Buff

Edler-Tanev

Pedan-Sbisa

Bart,Subban

Miller Mark

nasty team to play against.

How are you going to stuff 14mill onto the cap.

tell the owners that.  They are stupidly stuck in between building a winner and making the playoffs.  Our two best teams (94 and 2011) were built around top picks - Trevor was 2nd overall, and the Twins were 2nd and 3rd overall.  We really need top five picks for a couple years in a row.  

Like Edmonton? ::D:lol:

I've been noticing the players on the bubble  are on the smaller side. If this group can't bring something to the table that compensates for  their size the chances of progressing in Vancouver are slim.

Alex Biega, Sven B.and Weber, all on the smaller side battling in a world where you need more than just skill.

JB stated long ago, that they want to get younger, bigger, faster and tougher to play against. The shift is in full transition. Young Suban is developing on the farm and he too will have to bring something to the table in order to crack the big show. 

Players like Higgens, Hansen,(whom I might add is playing well),and Burrows are all coming up on their shelf life due date rapidly. How many will they keep or which one if any?

The small guys are gone in my eyes.

Trade Burrows, we don't even need him.

Seriously tho why isn't trade Baertchi on the list? Because he has no trade value? Higgins came back playing hard as always and even scored a goal - Baertchis been all hype, only shown why Calgary was willing to give up on him.

Too bad we can't trade Edler.

Archived