The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Warplane

nucklehead

The government of turkey is a complete joke. 
In 2012, Ankara accused Syria of shooting down a Turkish F-4 Phantom. That plane crash-landed in the Mediterranean after veering into Syrian airspace. In response, an outraged Erdogan lambasted the Syrian military for acting in haste

"A short-term border violation can never be a pretext for an attack," he told Parliament at the time.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a50_1448403036#K0T3whY73D07pYWc.99

30 minutes ago, MovesLikeDatsyuk said:

I shall not shake my head. But i will bob my head to the rhythm of bombs being dropped on ISIS Supporters. Boom~~

your a tool  maybe go to syria and blow up some isis members and your self at same time that way the world will be a better place

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

your a tool  maybe go to syria and blow up some isis members and your self at same time that way the world will be a better place

Chill.

What he meant was he'd be happy that all of the ISIS supporters are dead. ISIS SUPPORTERS people who support ISIS actions. 

That was harsh af. 

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

Removed by mod

Hi.  My apologies for interjecting into this argument.  

Clearly you are using hyperbole because you are not being heard.  I will listen, and want to hear why you are so upset.  I am ignorant, but would like to be educated.  Why do you find bombing ISIS, and those who support terrorists upsetting?  

FSA video claims Russian-made helicopter hit with US-made TOW missile near Su-24 crash site

Published time: 24 Nov, 2015 16:32Edited time: 24 Nov, 2015 18:21

© الفرقة الاولى الساحلية
© الفرقة الاولى الساحلية / YouTube

A video of Syrian rebels allegedly firing at a Russian-made helicopter on the ground has been posted on a YouTube channel associated with the FSA’s 1st Coastal Brigade. The helicopter is said to have been on a search mission for the pilots of the Su-24 jet downed by Turkey in Syria.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, the militants stuck the helicopter with an anti-tank missile.

The Free Syrian Army (FSA), considered to be the so-called “moderate opposition” by the West, has received US Tow missiles among other weaponry.

Rebels of 1st Coatal Div say Russ helo landed with mechanical fault before they targeted with Tow missile around 6km from crash site.

— Tom Coghlanتوم کوگلن (@TomCoghlan)

November 24, 2015

The video released by the rebel group shows two helicopters flying over a wooded area. The clip then switches to a militant setting up and arming a TOW anti-missile rocket launcher.

It’s followed by footage of a helicopter on the ground filmed from a distance, which is blown up by a direct hit.

Still of video purporting to show crash site of Su-24 jet near Turkey-Syria border
Still of video purporting to show crash site of Su-24 jet near Turkey-Syria border / RT

However, the distance and the quality of the video don’t make it possible to establish the allegiance of the helicopter.

The BGM-71 TOW (Tube-launched, Optically tracked, Wire-guided) is one of the most widely used anti-tank guided missiles, which has been produced in the US since the 1970s.

The missile has an operational range of up to 4,200 meters and an armor penetration of between 600 and 800 millimeters depending on the model.

The Russian General Staff confirmed that one of the Mi-8 helicopters taking part in the search and rescue operation for the pilots of the downed Russian Su-24 jet, has been damaged as a result of shelling.

A Russian marine was killed in the incident, while the rest of the crew and servicemen on board were evacuated to Russia’s Hmeymim Airbase in Syria, it said.

Two helicopters were participating in the search and rescue operation, the Russian General Staff added.

Reuters earlier reported that FSA fighters hit a Russian helicopter forcing it to make an emergency landing in a nearby government-held area in Syria's Latakia province.

The helicopter was said to have been searching for pilots of a Russian jet downed by Turkey earlier on Tuesday.

It is yet unclear who the helicopter was operated by - Syrian or Russian forces. But the rebels can be heard in the video saying they have hit a Syrian chopper.

Turkey said it was rightfully acting to defend its sovereignty as the Russian Su-24 had violated its airspace and hadn’t responded to warnings.

Moscow has denied Turkey’s claims, saying its plane was downed in Syrian airspace, where Russia is conducting an air operation against Islamic State and other terrorists.

Vladimir Putin called Ankara’s actions “a stab in the back delivered by accomplices of the terrorists,” adding that it will have severe consequences for relations between Russia and Turkey.

https://www.rt.com/news/323306-video-russia-helicopter-syria/

Four days ago: Turkey summons Russian envoy over bombing of ethnically Turkish proxies in Syria http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-russia-idUSKCN0T91MO20151120#IPcA7xeAWLVF7Bd5.99 

Turkish Army: Airspace violated 112 times by Greece, Italy and Israel in 12 months http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-could-have-downed-114-planes-for-airspace-violations-army--.aspx?pageID=238&nID=23963&NewsCatID=338 

341 WikiLeaks cables documenting airspace violations https://search.wikileaks.org/?s=1&q=%22airspace+violation%22|%22airspace+violated%22|%22air+space+violation%22&sort=0 

Turkey's statement: Claims Russia violated airspace for just "17 seconds" with very slow 243 miles/hour jet.

Either Turkey's statement to UN is bogus or Russian Su-24 jet made extraordinarily slow penetration of airspace

Journalists: Learn to do basic maths. Look at Turkey's statement to UN: 1.15 miles / 17 seconds x 60 x 60 = 243 miles/hour = 391 km/hour

29 minutes ago, Robongo said:

Four days ago: Turkey summons Russian envoy over bombing of ethnically Turkish proxies in Syria http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/20/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-russia-idUSKCN0T91MO20151120#IPcA7xeAWLVF7Bd5.99 

Turkish Army: Airspace violated 112 times by Greece, Italy and Israel in 12 months http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-could-have-downed-114-planes-for-airspace-violations-army--.aspx?pageID=238&nID=23963&NewsCatID=338 

341 WikiLeaks cables documenting airspace violations https://search.wikileaks.org/?s=1&q=%22airspace+violation%22|%22airspace+violated%22|%22air+space+violation%22&sort=0 

Turkey's statement: Claims Russia violated airspace for just "17 seconds" with very slow 243 miles/hour jet.

Either Turkey's statement to UN is bogus or Russian Su-24 jet made extraordinarily slow penetration of airspace

Journalists: Learn to do basic maths. Look at Turkey's statement to UN: 1.15 miles / 17 seconds x 60 x 60 = 243 miles/hour = 391 km/hour

The Turks does seem to be a bit erratic.

I mean.... I understand them not liking the Greeks, but complaining about Italy violating their airspace?  I mean, they're another NATO ally.  Israel.... while relations have cooled in recent years, still another friendly nation.  It's like Canada complaining about the US flying over Canadian airspace....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_2012_interception_of_Turkish_aircraft#Event_and_aftermath

On 22 June 2012, Syria shot down the Turkish F-4 Phantom II military jet near the Turkish-Syrian border.[6] The navies of Turkey and Syria then searched for the missing crewmembers,[7] before Turkish personnel recovered their bodies in early July 2012.[8]

The Syrian military alleged that the fighter aircraft had violated Syrian airspace. However, Turkish president Abdullah Gül and other spokesmen have not confirmed this, though Gül said that "it is routine for jet fighters to sometimes fly in and out over [national] borders".[10]

And the video showing NATO backed "moderates"(terrorists) shooting the ejected pilots..

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-jet-hit-inside-syria-incursion-turkey-u-010811956.html

The United States believes that the Russian jet shot down by Turkey on Tuesday was hit inside Syrian airspace after a brief incursion into Turkish airspace, a U.S. official told Reuters, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The official said that assessment was based on detection of the heat signature of the jet.

So it seems the US is potentially not backing Turkeys story. This is looking worse and worse on the part of Turkey. 

1 hour ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Another reason Canada should call it quits on NATO. We have nothing to gain, have to send troops into harm's way on another country's call, and we're allied with an extremist regime that's aiding terrorists? Yeah, I'd say it's overdue by some 25ish years.

Yeah, we definitely gain nothing from being in NATO. Good point. 

9 hours ago, Lockout Casualty said:

Another reason Canada should call it quits on NATO. We have nothing to gain, have to send troops into harm's way on another country's call, and we're allied with an extremist regime that's aiding terrorists? Yeah, I'd say it's overdue by some 25ish years.

Yeah...Russia will just abandon their plan to take over the Arctic Territories, because we are nice guys.

On 11/24/2015, 9:42:34, Robongo said:

You people saying good on Turkey are hilarious. Turkey is directly supporting ISIS by smuggling weapons through their borders and illegally buying ISIS oil, which is the main source of their funding. But yes, good on Turkey, the corrupt  state that is propping up ISIS! SMFH :picard:

not to mention their persecution of the kurds. (those people are &^@#ing champs for fighting isis and treating women as equals/) There were turkish isis prisoners let go by isis last summer no questions asked. Always thought that was shifty. 
I think Putin called it right when he said they were in bed with the terrorists.

18 hours ago, jdatb said:

nHMDprn.jpg

Thinking Canada has no enemies is very, very ignorant. We've made plenty just being part of NATO all this time, and being associated with America and part of their wars in the middle east. That and anytime you have as much as we have there is always going to be people lining up to take it. Canada gains a great many benefits from being part of NATO, and we shouldnt even consider leaving it IMO. 

Archived