The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen to WJC

nom_de_plume

Hey!  So didn't see anything on this in Canucks Talk.  What do you all think?

Who will replace him? Do we continue on as is?  Will we rotate call ups through the lineup?  Personally, I haven't really missed him.  In fact, I think it would even benefit him to play bigger minutes in Utica after the Worlds.

Anyhoo, just opened this to facilitate discussion...

Edit: My bad... Rookie mistake... He cannot go to Utica, he'd have to go back to junior if the Canucks didn't want to keep him up post WJC

#Canucks loan Jake Virtanen to Team Canada for World Junior Championship.

RELEASE → ow.ly/VPzm4

i think it's gonna be great for his development and his confidence. Hopefully he comes back and has a strong second half like horvat last year. 

They should send McCann too, like why not? Now I'm not at all a vey fan, but he can plug a hole for 2- 3 weeks while McCann is off hunting for gold. McCann has lost his mojo and he could use the quality ice time to get his game back on track. It also gives a motivated vey another chance to show what he can do 

2 minutes ago, billabong said:

They should send McCann too, like why not? Now I'm not at all a vey fan, but he can plug a hole for 2- 3 weeks while McCann is off hunting for gold.

No he can't.  The only reason Vey should be in the lineup is to accelerate a tank, just like Weber.

As for Virt, good move.  We have lots of wingers who deserve a look, especially given the likelihood of us being sellers at the deadline.  Hopefully Shinkaruk can step up and play some offensive minutes for us.

Just now, King Heffy said:

No he can't.  The only reason Vey should be in the lineup is to accelerate a tank, just like Weber.

As for Virt, good move.  We have lots of wingers who deserve a look, especially given the likelihood of us being sellers at the deadline.  Hopefully Shinkaruk can step up and play some offensive minutes for us.

Not seeing a problem here.

6 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

great move and if he doesn't show some SKILL in the world juniors then please send him back to juniors because the kids just not ready from what I've seen from him so far, which isn't a knock on him, it just means he needs to work on his game. 

Couldn't agree more.  His current developmental curve is pointing somewhere below meat and potatoes.

Archived