The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Blue Jackets F Kerby Rychel asks for trade

I just can't see any of these guys getting traded after hearing anonymous executives make comments like, 'I can't even make a bad trade'. But this is Gary's NHL where every team is in it thanks to loser points and circus hockey events like 3-on-3 and shootouts to end games. The environment being fostered by Gary and his crew is an anti-trade one. TSN must be fuming, they had hockey yanked away from them and now the trade deadline day is nothing but another day of the week.

13 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

I just can't see any of these guys getting traded after hearing anonymous executives make comments like, 'I can't even make a bad trade'. But this is Gary's NHL where every team is in it thanks to loser points and circus hockey events like 3-on-3 and shootouts to end games. The environment being fostered by Gary and his crew is an anti-trade one. TSN must be fuming, they had hockey yanked away from them and now the trade deadline day is nothing but another day of the week.

Anything that makes TSN irate is fine by me. Same with Sportsnet. Those idiots can all go to hell.

That being said, Gary Bettman is a little worm and under his watchful, beady eyes, the league has made more money than ever, yet has moved away from the sanctity and purity of the sport.

Thanks Gary! You #^^%@((@*))^^^@#*(  sheeps %%#&&#(()_warming ((*(%%&^@>,>: tool!

33 minutes ago, RonMexico said:

This is exactly what Bettman wants though. The longer your fans have hope, the longer they will buy tickets.

I think Bettman did an excellent job achieving his goal. Even though i don't like how he did it ( multiple lockouts)

13 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

He'd be a nice piece to add, but not to take away from anything we currently have. I've used the Baertschi trade as a recent example of a prospect being moved for a high pick, and it's probably a safe precedent to work with. If we were to offer something beyond a pick, we would be moving backwards with development. I mean we already have this prospect in Gaunce, Virtanen and even Grenier, namely being big scoring wingers. 

2 hours ago, messier's_elbow said:

If I could have either for the same price id take Drouin. 

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Would we prefer Rychel over Drouin?

If the price is the same we're not going to get either of them, JB went on the record saying that he's already inquired about Drouin. However, if Rychel is cheaper, it would be great if we went after him. Seems like a JB kind of player. 

58 minutes ago, suitup said:

If the price is the same we're not going to get either of them, JB went on the record saying that he's already inquired about Drouin. However, if Rychel is cheaper, it would be great if we went after him. Seems like a JB kind of player. 

I wonder what the cost would be - Shinkaruk?

We really should look into getting Rychel. He is for certain a future 2nd/3rd liner at the NHL level with potential for more. He also brings some grit which we sorely lack. As we are unlikely to move our 2016 1st. If it takes 2017 1st +, so be it. 

Archived