The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alan Rickman, aka Snape, Dead at 69

slickjim23

An incredible actor. I wasn't upset by David Bowie's death, but this hits me much closer to home. Die Hard is the ultimate 'night in' film, and he absolutely stole the show in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. I've never seen Harry Potter but everyone appears to have loved him in that.

Imagine, in 40 years we'll be saying 'Chris Hemsworth has died'. Who in the young generation of actors could portray so many different characters with so much nuance as Alan Rickman did? We were blessed to see him perform.

Finished watching the Harry Potter films with the wife for the umpteenth time a few nights ago. As usual, Rickman steals every scene he's in.

While Robin Hood is such a mess of a film, he's terrific in it.

And yes, Galaxy Quest is an all around terrific film from top to bottom.

EDIT: Also really enjoyed Bottle Shock, released in 2007 or 2008. For some reason, I really took to it.

Loved this guy.  He played the best comedic bad guys.  Even though his characters were evil, he had a way to make the viewer (almost) cheer for the guy to win.  "Well at least I didn't use a spoon." is a line that always makes me giggle like a little girl ALF, yet the scene itself was viscerally violent.  Great actor.

I'm so glad we have all those roles he played.::D

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Finished watching the Harry Potter films with the wife for the umpteenth time a few nights ago. As usual, Rickman steals every scene he's in.

While Robin Hood is such a mess of a film, he's terrific in it.

And yes, Galaxy Quest is an all around terrific film from top to bottom.

EDIT: Also really enjoyed Bottle Shock, released in 2007 or 2008. For some reason, I really took to it.

Yeah, Bottle Shock was decent. Sort of a better-than-average TV movie feel, but Rickman elevated it to a better-than-average movie.

Archived