The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pierre LeBrun - Tampa Bay asked for Horvat in return for Drouin.

homersexual

If Drouin drops his agent, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. By the way things seem, Drouin's career is going down the tubes because of his agent not Drouin. Look how much the agent compared to Drouin talk about this situation. Does it really sound like a 20 year old who has only ever wanted to play in the NHL knows what is going on? This whole situation reeks of an agent who took things too personally and decided that his client's career would be a good weapon to use against Yzerman. Like come on, how many agents has ever done this sort of thing and made things public. Luongo's agent never made things public. Drouin is a great player and from his interviews in a past seems like a good kid. There seems to be no issue with teammates, he's racking up points so he will be an upgrade on any team's rookie roster. The agent needs to go.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

If Drouin drops his agent, I'd do this deal in a heartbeat. By the way things seem, Drouin's career is going down the tubes because of his agent not Drouin. Look how much the agent compared to Drouin talk about this situation. Does it really sound like a 20 year old who has only ever wanted to play in the NHL knows what is going on? This whole situation reeks of an agent who took things too personally and decided that his client's career would be a good weapon to use against Yzerman. Like come on, how many agents has ever done this sort of thing and made things public. Luongo's agent never made things public. Drouin is a great player and from his interviews in a past seems like a good kid. There seems to be no issue with teammates, he's racking up points so he will be an upgrade on any team's rookie roster. The agent needs to go.

You're still spewing the same nonsense around here, are you now? "Wowzers, Drouin had more points than Bo as a junior, that obviously means he's so much better than him. TRADE IMMEDIATELY"

Please take a minute to learn that team sports are not all about indibidual tatistics. While you're at it, take a second to learn about respecting our young Canucks, and respecting hard work.

29 minutes ago, Canucks Prophet said:

You're still spewing the same nonsense around here, are you now? "Wowzers, Drouin had more points than Bo as a junior, that obviously means he's so much better than him. TRADE IMMEDIATELY"

Please take a minute to learn that team sports are not all about indibidual tatistics. While you're at it, take a second to learn about respecting our young Canucks, and respecting hard work.

Spewing what? that I said I'd do this trade? Relax, it's ok to have different opinions. You see a star in Horvat and I see a star in Drouin. I just think McCann is going to be a better player. How is that disrespectful to our young Canucks?

Just read through this thread and I've seen multiple users comment on how Horvat doesn't have a killer shot. Maybe you just haven't been watching, but the majority of his goals scored on this run have been a killer shot just under the crossbar from the rush. If anything over this past streak he's got going I see his shot more and more Kesler-esque managing to take a harmless looking rush into a puck in the back of the net. He's definitely got a sniper shot and with his hockey IQ (aka using the defenceman as a screen for a quick wrist shot) it becomes even more dangerous.

Bo is the complete package from start to finish and I can easily see him becoming a number 1 centre. He's at  the number 2 centre already at age 20 in his 2nd NHL season and he still has a lot more growth ahead. Really excited to see how high this kid can go.

On 23/01/2016 at 9:30 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

it's okay tampa bay, i'm drunk and on drugs too

God this made my night yesterday when I read this! Me too Sparky me too. 

Bo Horvat is going to be our Captain in 3 years. If we traded him need I say a Cam neely repeat. I dont think my dad could handle another one of those trades!

Got to trade players of similar ilk.

Virtanen = Cam Neely type of power forward. Can't trade for Drouin.

Bo = Kesler type of power center with perhaps better setup ability. Can't trade for Drouin.

McCann = is of similar ilk (per word Benning likes to use) to Drouin. So perhaps McCann + 2nd or 3rd rounder for Drouin?

I would question Drouin push-back and kind of sulking vs McCann who is great at pushing back. Remember Getzlaf and others.

Perhaps Drouin has higher upside so trade may make sense for McCann.

1 hour ago, Longtime fan of Canucks said:

Got to trade players of similar ilk.

Virtanen = Cam Neely type of power forward. Can't trade for Drouin.

Bo = Kesler type of power center with perhaps better setup ability. Can't trade for Drouin.

McCann = is of similar ilk (per word Benning likes to use) to Drouin. So perhaps McCann + 2nd or 3rd rounder for Drouin?

I would question Drouin push-back and kind of sulking vs McCann who is great at pushing back. Remember Getzlaf and others.

Perhaps Drouin has higher upside so trade may make sense for McCann.

No thanks. McCann will outplay Stamkos in a couple of years. And it doesn't make sense if their trade values are similar. If we traded McCann, we would have a huge hole in centre but still an abundance of high-skilled left-wingers.

All Drouin had to do was shut his mouth and work his butt off.  1st rounders are not gifted anything unless they play in Edmonton.  Tampa may have challenged him with his development, but Stevie Y is from the Red Wings organization where nothing is gifted and prospects must earn their way on the team.  I think this stalemate says more about the character of the player than the Tampa Bay organization.  Drouin is toxic... Don't want him on our team influencing our young guys!  

59 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

All Drouin had to do was shut his mouth and work his butt off.  1st rounders are not gifted anything unless they play in Edmonton.  Tampa may have challenged him with his development, but Stevie Y is from the Red Wings organization where nothing is gifted and prospects must earn their way on the team.  I think this stalemate says more about the character of the player than the Tampa Bay organization.  Drouin is toxic... Don't want him on our team influencing our young guys!  

I agree, Any player that requests a trade atleast before they've stuck out their entry level is garbage to me. No matter how highly valued a player may be they still have to have that work ethic. Gm's around the league would love to have his skill but I'm sure they take a player with more passion and willingness to succees over a whiny brat. Sorry Drouin.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, Warhippy said:

Drouin has "potential"

Horvat IS playing.

Drouin is relying on his junior numbers

Horvat is dominating men on the ice 

Drouin was scouted

Horvat is playing.

Drouin drafted 3rd overall, Horvat 9th overall

We don`t pay for potential we pay for results.  Horvat is producing results.  Drouin is producing attitude and problems

We don`t pay for junior potential, not when said draft was years ago.  It doesn't work like that.  Because as of right now, RIGHT now Drouin has been the most sheltered pick out of the top 10, hasn't put up solid numbers playing quality minutes with quality linemates in quality situations.  horvat has...had none of that  I can count or list quite literally dozens of top 10 picks that had potential in the last decade or so that have done nothing

Remember Alex Daigle lol.   Fantastic skater, great stats in Junior, big goal at world juniors.  Never made it.

33 minutes ago, gameburn said:

Remember Alex Daigle lol.   Fantastic skater, great stats in Junior, big goal at world juniors.  Never made it.

unfortunately that happens ..  think if the kid gets sent to the right place his fait will be different though 

1 minute ago, Lulover88 said:

unfortunately that happens ..  think if the kid gets sent to the right place his fait will be different though 

Why?  Daigle had fabulous skills, and put up really big numbers as an 18 year old with the Senators.  He actually proved more, way more, at the NHL level than Drouin has.  

Drouin is an excellent young player who might become an elite goal scorer in the NHL.  Vancouver have several similar players (likely not as good) in McCaan, Vey, Shinkaruk and Baer.

Horvat is an excellent young player who will probably become a solid #1 or #2 C, plays a complete game, is devastatingly committed to improving his skills, power forward, scores cluth and leadership.  The Canucks have no other player that is comparable.

I'm very happy that JB hung up the phone.

5 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

No thanks. McCann will outplay Stamkos in a couple of years. And it doesn't make sense if their trade values are similar. If we traded McCann, we would have a huge hole in centre but still an abundance of high-skilled left-wingers.

hqdefault.jpg

Archived