The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pierre LeBrun - Tampa Bay asked for Horvat in return for Drouin.

homersexual

16 hours ago, The Weasel said:

With that agent, I can't imagine what type of contract Drouin will want when his time comes.

i'm sure he'd be saying to canucks management if he was our property

i hear you are paying the sedins $14 mill per year to play for you

so i must be worth at least $12 mill then

As posters have said, Stevie Y is dreaming.

Horvat is not going anywhere... he is future solid gold for the Canucks.

I would not trade Virtanen for Drouin either... Canucks need size and Drouin doesn't have it.

McCann... maybe... but do the Canucks want a drama queen in exchange for a tough little shooter who is a team player and who is going to get a lot better?

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

As posters have said, Stevie Y is dreaming.

Horvat is not going anywhere... he is future solid gold for the Canucks.

I would not trade Virtanen for Drouin either... Canucks need size and Drouin doesn't have it.

McCann... maybe... but do the Canucks want a drama queen in exchange for a tough little shooter who is a team player and who is going to get a lot better?

For Tanev?

No way Bo gets traded with Hank on the back end of his career and Kesler long gone. Unless it's for a number 1 Dman or someone else's top centerman. I would be ok if Edler and maybe a second rounder went to TBay for Drouin. Otherwise stay away from trading our young up and coming Centers for him. 

2 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

No way Bo gets traded with Hank on the back end of his career and Kesler long gone. Unless it's for a number 1 Dman or someone else's top centerman. I would be ok if Edler and maybe a second rounder went to TBay for Drouin. Otherwise stay away from trading our young up and coming Centers for him. 

Edler straight up for drouin sounds fair tbh

Tampa Bay needs defense, but that's what the Canuck's can't spare.

These are the guys I'd trade for Drouin plus a defensive prospect or a late pick:

Any one of the following:

Bartkowski, Biega, Weber, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Grenier

plus any two of the following:

Prust, Higgins, Cracknell  (with Canucks eating part of Higgins salary if necessary)

plus a 5th rounder

6 hours ago, smokes said:

Did you see Drouin in the playoffs with the Lightning last year? 

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=729391

There are reasons Drouin is number one and Horvat is rated 23. Frankly the reason Benning wouldn't do this trade is probably because Benning is hesitant on giving up a second top prospect.

you think you strengthen your opinion by citing a poll that took place prior to the start of the 2014 / 2015 season? and suggesting this is current by saying "is" rather than "was" is completely misleading

neither player had yet played in the nhl when this poll was done.. it was completely hypothetical

why don't you focus on what has taken place since

why don't you cite a poll about the year patrick white was drafted by the canucks

and we can all reminisce how that turned out - we can all have a good laugh about that poll and those so called experts

you are reaching a fair bit here i think

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Horvat is a proven NHL player. Hell he is proving to be a NHL top 6 forward. Drouin has been playing with Stamkos and done absolutely nothing, Horvat is worth way more than Drouin and that's not overvaluing him at all. He has the potential to be a top 6 TWO WAY centre, a potential selke winner and you'd want to trade him for a player who hasn't even shown he can play in the NHL and has shown that if he's not playing in the NHL he doesn't want to play at all...

You win stanley cups with two way centre's. 

You speak as if he has been playing with Stamkos the entire time. He was playing on Tampa's 4th line last year and still managed to produce decent numbers.

To the guy that said not a single player on the Lightning is worth Horvat. Hedman, Palat and Kucherov are.

45 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you think you strengthen your opinion by citing a poll that took place prior to the start of the 2014 / 2015 season? and suggesting this is current by saying "is" rather than "was" is completely misleading

neither player had yet played in the nhl when this poll was done.. it was completely hypothetical

why don't you focus on what has taken place since

why don't you cite a poll about the year patrick white was drafted by the canucks

and we can all reminisce how that turned out - we can all have a good laugh about that poll and those so called experts

you are reaching a fair bit here i think

I did focus on what is going on. Horvat went missing for like 24 games, all of a sudden he got hot and everyone all of a sudden branded him as the next captain. If you put Horvat next to the top prospects in the other teams, he is average.

1 hour ago, homersexual said:

I have Bo behind McCann in a couple of years. And if all goes according to stealthtank, both will be behind Matthews, so yes, I have Bo as a #2 centre. I think McCann has more offensive potential and Horvat is a bit more defensive. Similar to Sedin and Kelser.

All speculation.  There's still no way people should be pigeon holing Bo as a #2. He's already that at twenty. 

9 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

All speculation.  There's still no way people should be pigeon holing Bo as a #2. He's already that at twenty. 

This, I think he'll be a first line center before he's 25. Similar to Toews when he hits his prime.

Not sure why people are making such a big deal out of his struggle at the start of the season. He was facing way tougher competition and he seems to be a slow starter. 

Near the start of the season I said after Christmas we would see the young players start to shine. Bo and Baer deff are. McCann is playing solid and Virtanen is looking better each game.

Archived