The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Add the Kings to teams interested in Dan Hamhuis.

Ilya Mikheyev

1 hour ago, mountainnuck said:

Nope ,I definitely don't live in a cave.

I would go as far as saying the ignorance is coming from the guy who is writing off a young prospect who hasn't been given a chance as yet.

By all accounts Gaunce has done everything thats been asked of him & commands exceptional leadership skills.

Coach Green speaks very highly of him.Give the kid a chance ,I bet you've hardly watched him play..

I didn't write him off at all.  I said he's a middle six forward on a middle of the pack team.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I didn't write him off at all.  I said he's a middle six forward on a middle of the pack team.  

There is  countless posts out there with you stating he is nothing more than average & suggesting we should trade him out.

Just saying cut the kid some slack ,lets see what he has first.

1 minute ago, mountainnuck said:

There is  countless posts out there with you stating he is nothing more than average & suggesting we should trade him out.

Just saying cut the kid some slack ,lets see what he has first.

He is average, and I would trade him.  I would add him to Hamhuis to sweeten the return for sure.

8 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Are declaring that he is better than at least one of Hutton, Edler, Sbisa, or Tanev?

Ya I would definitley say ehrhoff is better than sbisa. Not to mention ehrhoff and edler have been paired together before. Sbisa is an overpaid depth defenseman, nothing more. I would take ehrhoff at 3.5 mil per season over sbisa. 

8 minutes ago, Canucks1527 said:

Ya I would definitley say ehrhoff is better than sbisa. Not to mention ehrhoff and edler have been paired together before. Sbisa is an overpaid depth defenseman, nothing more. I would take ehrhoff at 3.5 mil per season over sbisa. 

And that's why no one picked him up for free at just $1.5?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Other than our young players, who would any other team want - salaries included?  After Tanev and Hansen, I have trouble coming up with other names.  

Agreed. A lot of bad contracts on this team. Need to do what the maple laughs are doing and shed as many of them as possible. 

There may be an unwritten unspoken pact or collusion by the the league teams to freeze out vets ,an stuff roster with unproven young players.This may all be part of Betman grand scheme to gut an short the collective bargaining agreement.The record number vets being tossed under the bus this year tells me we are on our waty to another lock out season , once the current agreement expires.

It maybe coincidence, but I think nothing happens by chance it is all calculated an leading the charge our own team.

i seriously doubt the Kings are interested at any price in hammer

On 2/14/2016 at 5:21 PM, Alflives said:

He is average, and I would trade him.  I would add him to Hamhuis to sweeten the return for sure.

Utica is a better than average team and he has the second highest points per game after Shinks.  Has fantastic hockey sense and has proven that he can be easily coached.  He's good along the boards, drives to the net and has solid defensive coverage. He can also spot in for C.

Canucks LW next year...Sedin, Baer, Shinks, Gaunce.

Who do you want instead of him?  Kurtz, Lebate, Archibald, Kenins?  :huh:

If Gaunce is traded with Hamhuis, it better be for something exceptional. 

1 hour ago, bobbyg43 said:

There may be an unwritten unspoken pact or collusion by the the league teams to freeze out vets ,an stuff roster with unproven young players.This may all be part of Betman grand scheme to gut an short the collective bargaining agreement.The record number vets being tossed under the bus this year tells me we are on our waty to another lock out season , once the current agreement expires.

It maybe coincidence, but I think nothing happens by chance it is all calculated an leading the charge our own team.

i seriously doubt the Kings are interested at any price in hammer

Just curious here: from this record number of vets, could you supply a list of guys who you believe would be useful to the Canucks,  don't have term on a contract longer than a year or two (after this one), AND could also fit into the cap structure of this team?

Also, ideally they wouldn't take away from the TOI of any of the various prospects which the CDC want to see playing over many of the veteran players currently on the team. I'm assuming Prust and Higgins won't be on your list.

regards,  G.

On 2/14/2016 at 6:42 PM, Canucks1527 said:

If sbisa hit waivers no one would claim him either. 

Is there a comparable player you are using here to support this claim? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just believe that there should be some kind of support for this claim.

regards,  G.

On 2/14/2016 at 5:56 PM, Hutton Wink said:

And that's why no one picked him up for free at just $1.5?

This all being said, leaving money off the table as a consideration, if I had to choose between Ehrhoff and Justin Schultz I'd take Ehrhoff.

regards,  G.

On February 14, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Alflives said:

Every year we don't tank probably adds three years on to a proper rebuild.  

Well that's a little dramatic lol. Stop the tank talk.. If it happens it happens but like I've said 1000 times its not the gaurunteed way to make it happen.. Teams sit in the basement for decades without having success.  Just cause Chicago is on a run doesn't make it the only way to win.  Chicago has done a ton of other things right to get them to the dynasty they have become.

6 minutes ago, TheOgRook said:

Well that's a little dramatic lol. Stop the tank talk.. If it happens it happens but like I've said 1000 times its not the gaurunteed way to make it happen.. Teams sit in the basement for decades without having success.  Just cause Chicago is on a run doesn't make it the only way to win.  Chicago has done a ton of other things right to get them to the dynasty they have become.

Very true. We are in an age of Cap Salaries and any team can build a pretty good team if they are willing to spend to the cap. Winnipeg has a good team but is refusing to spend to the cap. Look where they are in the standings.

Archived