The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Hawks interested in Hamhuis and Vrbata

Nail

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Will everyone who supported him call for his head if he gets fleeced or does t make any trade?

Not sure I'll call for his head but I will be VERY disappointed...  now if Hammer refuses to waive I might be a little miffed at Hammer instead.

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

So Hammer + Vrby for Pokka + 55-60th overall pick? No thanks.

Then say nothing when we don't get anything.

Hammer already said he would want to resign in the summer if he was moved, so what's the big deal? A few months winning a Stanley Cup then returning with that experience would be an asset in itself if that's how it played out.

3 minutes ago, SvenBae said:

Some of you are to lunch.

Did you forget the part where these two are rentals? 

A 1st + a prospect + additional picks like some of you are suggesting is ridiculous. No wonder there was so much undeserved outrage at the Granlund trade. We'd be lucky to get Pokka + 2nd for Hamhuis/Vrbata.

You do realize that last year Chicago traded a 2nd +4th for a 40 year old Timonen who hadn't played a single game all year and when he played for Chicago he was awful, right?

And then they also gave up a 1st + Dahlbeck for Vermette who was in the doghouse much of his time in Chicago.

So yea those offers are nowhere near unreasonable.

Just now, J.R. said:

They're rentals. Teams generally specifically want to NOT re-sign them. That Hamhuis is unlikely to re-sign with them is not only expected, it's somewhat preferred.

Which impacts what they are willing to pay for his services for such a short period of time. 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I think Hamhuis himself should get a top prospect and a late 1st. Vrbata should get at least a B prospect or a 2nd himself. 

That is without retaining significant salary.

kings got Sekera for 1st and Roland Mckewon

cody franson and Santorelli got a 1st with a b+ prospect

either peeople are bored or just trolling, because Hamuis fair value is a 1st rounder and a a to b- prospect

Vrbata rite now could get a team to over pay, thats on how Benning shops him. So if the offer is what the media is saying.

I would do it in a heart beat because Benning won't know how to trade Vrbata.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Which impacts what they are willing to pay for his services for such a short period of time. 

No, the market and competition for his services will impact what they're willing to pay. If paying more means their biggest competition like LA, Dallas etc don't get him...

2 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

You do realize that last year Chicago traded a 2nd +4th for a 40 year old Timonen who hadn't played a single game all year and when he played for Chicago he was awful, right?

And then they also gave up a 1st + Dahlbeck for Vermette who was in the doghouse much of his time in Chicago.

So yea those offers are nowhere near unreasonable.

I would expect that those trades would have a residual impact on this deadline.

Just now, SvenBae said:

I would expect that those trades would have a residual impact on this deadline.

Hamhuis is an upgrade over everything they have even if he played the worst hockey of his life. 

The question I ask is where are the other teams? Are the other contending teams not interested in Hamhuis? I don't blame them but letting Hamhuis become a hawk makes their job significantly more challenging come playoff time. 

2 minutes ago, nergish said:

say this trade goes through today (whatever it may be coming back). Are we still active on deadline day?

I think Benning would still like to move Prust and Higgins if possible.  Don't know about any more roster players though.

Edit: Benning did say he was trying to move Vey and  Bartkowski

Archived