To Tampa Bay: Edler 

To Vancouver: Drouin + Carle @50% retained

[Edler waives to go to top contender and enjoy the sun]

To Montreal: Hansen + Burrows @50% retained

To Vancouver: 2nd + 4th round picks

[Montreal gets much needed versatile depth wingers]

To Florida: 1st overall aka Matthews + Hamhuis UFA rights + McCann

To Vancouver: Barkov + Ekblad

[Florida gets the next Barkov, a top prospect who will be a stud, and a capable dman]

To Islander: Sbisa + Miller

To Vancouver: Hamonic

[Goaltending is a weak point and why Isles suck. Miller will stabilize the crease. Get a replacement dman in Sbisa and Hamonic comes home to western Canada]

To Toronto: Horvat

To Vancouver: Nylander

[Hunter and TO get a former London Knight. Know him inside out, will get the most out of him, and make it easier to play with guys like Marner and Tkachuk/Juolevi also fellow Knights]

To Anyone: Dorsett + 3rd round pick

To Vancouver: Anything

[Cap move to free up salary which will be used to sign key free agent]

Sign:

Stamkos 9x$9m per

Okposo 6x$5.5m per

Lucic 6x$5m per

Russell 4x$4m per

Reimer 2x$2.5m per

2016 OPENING DAY LINEUP

Drouin-Stamkos-Rodin

Baertschi-Barkov-Okposo

Dank-Hank-Lucic

Etem-Nylander-Virtanen

Gaunce

Russell-Ekblad

Tryamkin-Tanev

Hutton-Hamonic

Carle, Subban, Pedan, Biega

Markstrom-Reimer

PS,

would loved to have signed Ladd or Eriksson but not enough cap space and there would be no room for them to have a roster spot anyways.

1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

Rocket, let's pretend I am Steven Stamkos. How are you going to sell me on Vancouver other than a big bag of money?

Massive endorsement deals which give him more than his yearly hockey salary and essentially has him making $20m+ a year.

Pretty much what any team will be offering him. Not to mention we would be the best Canadian team by far and a top team in the NHL.

3 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

Massive endorsement deals which give him more than his yearly hockey salary and essentially has him making $20m+ a year.

Pretty much what any team will be offering him. Not to mention we would be the best Canadian team by far and a top team in the NHL.

He can get an endorsement deal anywhere. And we definitely are not the most appealing Canadian team in terms of the free agent market. Toronto is his hometown, has a better prospect pool, more cap space, and further ahead in their rebuild. 

Also, your "top team in the NHL" claim is based off wild trades that with the exception of #2 and maybe #1, have absolutely no chance of happening. Then you have every free agent taking a discount price to sign with the Canucks even though every single player, except Russell, has a higher rumored value in the free agent market.

13 minutes ago, TheRussianRocket. said:

With whom do I get these endorsement deals? Who will want to endorse me when I play 70% of my games when everyone on the east coast is asleep? My agent says you're dreaming.

Do I have to play with Drouin? That little puke who walked away from all his teammates. And broke his word/contract to the team. Then came sniveling back.

Doesn't Vancouver endure travel as bad as Tampa? If I am going to a new team wouldn't I want to travel less?

That's a very ambitious plan you put together for a new lineup. How will all these new guys gel together. Is Willie D still coach? Is he up for that challenge?

I heard the owner there likes to muck around in hockey decisions when he's really a real estate guy. Should I be concerned about that?

Aren't the fans and media kind of nuts there?

Doesn't it rain all the friggin time in Vancouver? That would be a big change from Tampa where I can wear shorts to the rink in January.

I have no ties to Vancouver. All my buddies are in Tampa or Ontario where my family is. Maybe try that Lucic guy I hear he's from there.

5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

He can get an endorsement deal anywhere. And we definitely are not the most appealing Canadian team in terms of the free agent market. Toronto is his hometown, has a better prospect pool, more cap space, and further ahead in their rebuild. 

Also, your "top team in the NHL" claim is based off wild trades that with the exception of #2 and maybe #1, have absolutely no chance of happening. Then you have every free agent taking a discount price to sign with the Canucks even though every single player, except Russell, has a higher rumored value in the free agent market.

Actually oddsmakers have Canucks high on the list of places Stamkos would go to.

Earlier this year TSN and Sportsnet both had a piece on it with oddsmakers placing Vancouver in the top 5 likeliest destinations for Stamkos to land.

Just now, TheRussianRocket. said:

Actually oddsmakers have Canucks high on the list of places Stamkos would go to.

Earlier this year TSN and Sportsnet both had a piece on it with oddsmakers placing Vancouver in the top 5 likeliest destinations for Stamkos to land.

Who cares? I bet TSN had every single Canadian franchise listed for possible Stamkos destinations, and then Darren Dreger reported that "Stamkos might sign in Canada, or he might not. Either way, one of those situations will happen."

What is the logic he would come here besides that he is Canadian? Because that myth has long been eradicated with past Canadian free agents in recent years. Let's not even compare our situation to Toronto's situation anymore because if JB offered the same contract to Stamkos that Lou did, I have no doubt that he would take the Toronto one.

If Tampa offered him the same contract as we did, why would he not resign there?

I think we'd have to offer Stamkos at least $11 million a year to get him to think long and hard about it. Here's something I came up with:

Cap goes up $2.6 million

Traded/Released:
Higgins
Burrows
Hamhuis
Vrbata
Prust
Bartkowski
Vey

Total out (not including current cap space): $22,250,000

Draft Chychrun, Benson, Ronning*

Re-sign:

Sven Baertschi: 3 years, $2 million per
Emerson Etem: 2 years, $900K per
Markus Granlund: 2 years, $800K per
Anton Rodin: 1 year, $950K

Cap for free agency: $22,907,916

Signings:

Steven Stamkos: 7 years, $11.5 million per
Milan Lucic: 7 years, $6 million per
Dan Hamhuis: 2 years, $2.75 million per

Remaining cap: $1,602,083

Lucic - Stamkos - Sutter
Sedin - Sedin - Rödin
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Etem - Granlund - Hansen
Dorsett/Grenier

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Hamhuis
Sbisa - Tryamkin
Pedan, Biega

Miller
Markstrom

I'm part of the group that thinks if we have a real shot at landing Stamkos, we need to throw the bank at him. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I think we'd have to offer Stamkos at least $11 million a year to get him to think long and hard about it. Here's something I came up with:

Cap goes up $2.6 million

Traded/Released:
Higgins
Burrows
Hamhuis
Vrbata
Prust
Bartkowski
Vey

Total out: $22,250,000

Draft Chychrun, Benson, Ronning*

Re-sign:

Sven Baertschi: 3 years, $2 million per
Emerson Etem: 2 years, $900K per
Markus Granlund: 2 years, $800K per
Anton Rodin: 1 year, $950K

Cap for free agency: $22,907,916

Signings:

Steven Stamkos: 7 years, $11.5 million per
Milan Lucic: 7 years, $6 million per
Dan Hamhuis: 2 years, $2.75 million per

Remaining cap: $1,602,083

Lucic - Stamkos - Sutter
Sedin - Sedin - Rödin
Baertschi - Horvat - Virtanen
Etem - Granlund - Hansen
Dorsett/Grenier

Edler - Tanev
Hutton - Hamhuis
Sbisa - Tryamkin
Pedan, Biega

Miller
Markstrom

Excellent post.  This would be great. :)

Tampa likely says no to that deal

Depth wingers is the one thing Montreal DOESN'T  need, They say no

The Islanders want a similar player to Hamonic in return.  They say No

Florida laughs and says no.  (Why exchange Barkov for Mathews, and Ekblad is worth Way more than Hamhui's rights and McCann)

Toronto might say yes, but I doubt it

You can't offer 9 years to Stamkos, max you can go is 7, and that's not enough money

Vancouver is a cellar dweller, not a likely destination for 5 of the top UFA's this year

13 minutes ago, Baer. said:

Hahaha woah edgy

Glad you like it.

I don't get why so many people are opposed to making the team better with the moves proposed. Makes the team better 10 fold. Guess some people just like looking at the glass half empty :[

1st and 2nd trades are good. Good value for both.

3rd trade I don't see happening. Ekblad is already a number 1 stud and Barkov is a number 1 centre as well. Furthermore, they love Ekblad and barkov in Florida and have a great thing going. Don't see them breaking that up.

The Hamonic trade we are under paying by a ton and Miller wouldn't waive.

4th trade I wouldn't make. I like Horvat.

Archived