The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign 21 year old Yan-Pavel Laplante

As long as the guy is a hard worker (which seems to be the case), this can't be a bad thing. He's young, and if he's a workhorse, he'll be a great influence to the other guys in Utica. 

Free "prospect" (I don't think he'll ever do anything in the NHL tbh), and if he's a good influence in the room and gets the guys to work hard, then it's pretty much worth it imo.

45 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I'd be shocked if he even made utica.

If Mackenze Stewart can make Utica, anyone can.

In all seriousness, he should start in the ECHL and hopefully establish himself as a player right off the bat. Maybe he turns into a decent bottom-six guy for us one day.

36 minutes ago, k_man08 said:

just watched this fight. This guy looks like a gritty player that needs to get a year trial at AHL level to see how he pans out.

I will reserve judgement til then.

Geez..he kicked that guys arse..but I dont think we will see him in Vancouver anytime soon..other than training camp of course.

Obviously this means we'll be drafting Pierre-Luc Dubois and that they'll be playing on the same line together to screw with the announcers! Now we just need to trade for Magnus Paajarvi-Svenssonn

Yan-Pavel Laplante - Pierre-Luc Dubois  - Magnus Paajarvi-Svenssonn  for our wtf name line.

3 minutes ago, Glory_Days said:

Obviously this means we'll be drafting Pierre-Luc Dubois and that they'll be playing on the same line together to screw with the announcers! Now we just need to trade for Magnus Paajarvi-Svenssonn

Yan-Pavel Laplante - Pierre-Luc Dubois  - Magnus Paajarvi-Svenssonn  for our wtf name line.

Reminds me how cool it would be to have Ryan Kesler and Bobby Ryan on the same line.

15 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Geez..he kicked that guys arse..but I dont think we will see him in Vancouver anytime soon..other than training camp of course.

I would prefer all our prospects do 1 year in junior, 1 year AHL and then make jump to NHL.

I wouldn't mind it if he was with AHL and took the year to grow as a person and hockey player.

1 minute ago, k_man08 said:

I would prefer all our prospects do 1 year in junior, 1 year AHL and then make jump to NHL.

I wouldn't mind it if he was with AHL and took the year to grow as a person and hockey player.

Its typically not possible to do one year in junior and then 1 in the AHL because of the AHL age restriction.

Archived