The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

dude stop, its a pretty simple point hes trying to make, not hard to understand lol

But his point is pretty simple too. The only people that are forgetting about Gaunce (or any other prospect that isn't the hot topic) is because they only casually follow our prospects at best.

• Upvote 1

The thing is that Gaunce isn't flashy, speedy or overly physical. He's more or less like the jack-of-all trades kinda player.

Initially when drafted, they mentioned how his play resembles that of Trevor Linden.

Not the quickest, but a strong skater for his size. Not a behemoth power forward, but have the size and strength to pose a challenge to any defender. Not gonna win any scoring trophies, but can put up points consistently. Not the most offensively gifted, but terrific defensively.

Much like Trevor, he'll probably top out as a #2 centre or RW (TL was better as winger). Worst case scenario... a Manny Malhotra shut-down defender.

But his point is pretty simple too. The only people that are forgetting about Gaunce (or any other prospect that isn't the hot topic) is because they only casually follow our prospects at best.

nobody thinks anybody "forgot" about Gaunce its a figure of speach.

• Upvote 1

It's an expression that you guys are taking way too seriously.

Over the course of the last year, year and a half, would you guys not agree that we (CDC) have discussed more about our most recent picks?

I'm saying his been maybe lost in the shuffle when people are evaluating the future of the Canucks. I see very often circulating on other prospects page, predicted lineups where Gaunce may not even been mentioned. People like to talk about Virtanen, McCann, Shinkaruk, Cassels, etc.

"It's an expression" is not exactly a reason. It's more of an excuse. You made a statement that made it sound like you think you know what everyone else is thinking.

If he was lost in the shuffle we wouldn't be talking about him at all. I wouldn't worry about him. :)

"It's an expression" is not exactly a reason. It's more of an excuse. You made a statement that made it sound like you think you know what everyone else is thinking.

If he was lost in the shuffle we wouldn't be talking about him at all. I wouldn't worry about him. :)

Figures of speech tend to do horribly on forums if you use one to put "thoughts in other's brains". This thread is pretty evident of that. lol

Edited by The Lock

Anyone think Gaunce should get the call up

If Richardson is out for an extended period of time?

Even though we've been winning, our 2nd and 3rd lines haven't looked good as of late

they could probably do what they've done with Jensen, Bo-Sang, Corrado. He may not even have to play, but it'll be a good experience for him

Anyone think Gaunce should get the call up

If Richardson is out for an extended period of time?

Even though we've been winning, our 2nd and 3rd lines haven't looked good as of late

No, because it's the all-star break after tomorrow's game.

If Richardson is out long-term (which I doubt), then I think the call up should be O'Reilly, DeFazio or Jensen.