The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brendan Gaunce | C/LW

b3.

16 hours ago, Derp... said:

What if instead we sent Horvat to Utica? Wouldn't it be better to get him scoring some points, and helping build chemistry with guys like Gaunce and Shinkaruk? We would need to bring Friesen and Vey up, or preferably grab a decent centre for cheap

I like it. McCann down as well 

Horvat - Vey

McCann - Friesen 

Horvat and McCann get to go have fun and play tonnes of minutes and put up points. Bonus is a better shot at Matthews 

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got to call this guy up. Our middle six is a joke right now and desperately needs some sort of shakeup. WD has to show some desperation because we're slipping right out.

This is how I see it. But yeah, call up Gaunce.

Edited by Alexandre

3 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

I like it. McCann down as well 

Horvat - Vey

McCann - Friesen 

Horvat and McCann get to go have fun and play tonnes of minutes and put up points. Bonus is a better shot at Matthews 

I don't think you can send McCann to Utica, it's juniors or the Canucks. WJC's is only other place he could go.

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

heard wd and jb are taking in the game too.  see wat happens

Great. And maybe they are thinking of sending McCann to the WJC (assuming Team Canada will still take him this late) and are thinking about which center to call up to replace him.

Just now, Crabcakes said:

Except Gaunce is being groomed for Left Wing.  Why can't people get over this?

I'm aware hes a LW now lol.  where did i say gaunce?  JB already said it would be one of Friesen or Vey. Freisen is banged up atm so it would prob be vey.  Think ur getting me confused for someone else sir lol.

8 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I'm aware hes a LW now lol.  where did i say gaunce?  JB already said it would be one of Friesen or Vey. Freisen is banged up atm so it would prob be vey.  Think ur getting me confused for someone else sir lol.

Sorry, I guess I didn't scroll back far enough into your convo with JamesB.  It's one of my pet peeves.

Ripping up the AHL, he's looked dominant down there. I'd much rather Gaunce in the lineup than just about any of the current bottom-9 forwards.

Gaunce > Dorsett, Prust, Higgins, Baertschi

Scratch Prust for a game, put Gaunce in. Don't waste your time with Kenins, Gaunce is the real deal and he's proving he's NHL ready.