The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I definitely am impressed with Horvat up till now but we need to realize those highlight goals are against Junior players who will most likely never get a sniff of an NHL contract

Wet blanket they called me!

You can pretty much use that against any prospect in the CHL. As you know many CHL players turn out to be all stars. I don't even want to get started.

• Upvote 1

On pace to out point matt duchene in his last year in the ohl while being a shut down guy. Holy crud

Duchene's last year in the OHL was his draft year so he was only 18 - he would have destroyed the OHL if he stayed another year like Horvat did this year.

I definitely am impressed with Horvat up till now but we need to realize those highlight goals are against Junior players who will most likely never get a sniff of an NHL contract

Wet blanket they called me!

you're not wrong that its against junior players; and sometimes it doesn't translate. but you want your top prospects being dominant because it lends well to being a better pro.

Duchene's last year in the OHL was his draft year so he was only 18 - he would have destroyed the OHL if he stayed another year like Horvat did this year.

Fair enough, but Duchene was more of an offensive player in Junior too, whereas Horvat's doing it as a 200' center. That shouldn't dimish his accomplishment (or be a slag to Duchene who progressed beyond Junior at that point).

Just so people don't have to click the link, I'll embed it:

This is why we sent him back to junior, to work on his offensive game. Trying to develop that at the NHL level is alot tougher for a younger player because there's less room to make mistakes.

I think Horvat could have made the NHL this season and been a good shutdown guy, but it may have been at the expense of fully developing his game.

You gotta think that his confidence is at an all time high when he's pulling off moves like this. And that can only be a good thing for him when it comes to making the Canucks next season. I have no problem with the team sending a player back to junior.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 4

Nice little video on Bo during period break today. Didn't know he wears 53 in memory of another player who was drafted to the knights at the same time as him and passed away. Second line at the WJC Camp today as well with Hudon and Mantha.

Anyone have a link to the CBC video of bo ?