The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

I think it is safe to say Horvat has arrived.

All those folks who were saying it would be years before he made it or that if he made it now his offense and confidence would be stunted can look back on there posts and wonder why they couldn't see his all around great game then.

Bo has gotten better with playing time and that will only continue, he will be getting at least 3rd line minutes by the end of the season.

10points in 34games now he has really been coming on strong as of late. More important than the points though is the fact he is carrying the puck with authority and isnt just throwing it away like he was earlier in the year.

10points in 34games now he has really been coming on strong as of late. More important than the points though is the fact he is carrying the puck with authority and isnt just throwing it away like he was earlier in the year.

I agree, he's looking much more comfortable on the ice and with the puck. I'm very excited to see him next year, and hope he's given some more minutes as the year goes on. Particularly if our vets keep playing with as much intensity as a bag of cotton candy.

His car can take faceoffs!? Sub it in for Vey then!

Ok I will!

derpa derp derper derpped daderpderp Done. Now we have TLX between Higgi and Burr.

I can just see it tomorrow TLX goes behind the net to pick up the puck, runs over Sbisa and Lack cause he's wider than Byfuglian, and over drives the puck.

But on those faceoffs... Ref drops the puck engine revs and the opposing centre is run over.

TLX gets banned from the NHL after one shift for nearly killing 3 players and a referee.

Vey slotted in at Centre once again.

• Upvote 2

Ok I will!

derpa derp derper derpped daderpderp Done. Now we have TLX between Higgi and Burr.

I can just see it tomorrow TLX goes behind the net to pick up the puck, runs over Sbisa and Lack cause he's wider than Byfuglian, and over drives the puck.

But on those faceoffs... Ref drops the puck engine revs and the opposing centre is run over.

TLX gets banned from the NHL after one shift for nearly killing 3 players and a referee.

Vey slotted in at Centre once again.

Damn it :sadno:

Well it was worth a shot!

• Upvote 1

Here is a question for everyone:

Bo has started playing better offensively, his underlying numbers are still pretty replacement level. Playing in the NHL is beneficial to his development, but we could probably find a 4th line center for cheap if we wanted to for the remainder of the year.

Would you send him back to London before he plays 40 games and we lose a year of RFA? Or would you rather he stays with the team and see if he can earn his keep?

Bo has started playing better offensively, his underlying numbers are still pretty replacement level. Playing in the NHL is beneficial to his development, but we could probably find a 4th line center for cheap if we wanted to for the remainder of the year.

Would you send him back to London before he plays 40 games and we lose a year of RFA? Or would you rather he stays with the team and see if he can earn his keep?

he is the future. He doesn't deserve a demotion. A playoff series will help his development even more. Keep him.
  • Upvote 1

No definitely keep him.

I was in favour of sending him back at the beginning of the season, but not half way through. If he's good enough, and he's proven that he is, he should stay the whole season.

Also, he'll probably have a chance to go back to junior for a playoff run with London after the Canucks season even if we make it to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

He's looking stronger every game. He has nothing left to learn in Junior.

Canucks are doing a great job of bringing him along and getting him success. He's running 10 - 12 min per night and is showing that he's a better skater than everyone thought.

Might not be the best sniper we've ever drafted, but he's got good passing skills and doesn't very often lose battles along the boards.

• Upvote 1

That's a tough call. I would have preferred for him to go to junior the entire year. Or at minimum I would have sent him to the WJC. If he would have went to the WJC we would have another 10 plus games to decided whether or not to send him back to junior. That would be very helpful because another 10 games could bring a lot of clarity to our playoff outlook.

At this point I think the Canucks will keep him up for the rest of the season. I guess when he turns into a UFA we can comeback to this discussion.