The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

uh ya what dont you get? Is kesler a 2c? Yes is girgensons a 1c? Yes.

Some 3cs on teams are bettman than others 1c.

Ask Tim Murray what he would like to add to his team and he'll tell you "a 1C"

Ask Tim Murray what he would like to add to his team and he'll tell you "a 1C"

Im not sure how this devolved into a pissing contest over what the definition of a 1C is but the basis for the original definition was 50+points being borderline for a "1C" something Girgensons is nowhere close to being at this point of time.

This is not really something that can be argued as the 30th centre was at 54 points last year which includes the 5-8 #2C's that are really #1's like malkin pavelski etc.

This balances out the 5-10 teams that dont have a #1c. So yes 50points is "borderline" #1c. Is it a topend #1C? no. But it is borderline which was the original point that you have argued into oblivion for no purpose that anyone else can fathom.

• Upvote 2

You've got to think this scoring streak is somewhat a product of Kenins style of play on that line. He helps create opportunities with way he goes out and hits everything and puts the puck on net.

I think with that there is definite chemistry between Horvat and Kenins and they compliment eachother extremely well. I'm not saying that Horvat relies on Kenins either.

the streak started before kenins was called up and dorset was still on his line, so it's not just Kenins, but I do love how they play together. Great duo.

I think it's just Horvat getting acclimated to the league and willing to push a little more offensively where he would have fell back to cover defensively at the beginning of the year. he's just going to continue to get better with every game, he's really coming into his own.

Edited by avelanch

Being an NHL first line center means you are the center on the first line of an NHL team. Point production doesn't enter into it.

Im sure I'm guilty of over simplifying but wouldn't using points as the only measure of a first line centre be somewhat shortsighted? IMO the first line center is the center who averages the most ice time for his team. Ice time equals value to the team.

15min night in the NHL. The clock is ticking on this thread.

Has everyone thanked Gillis for their Bo lately?

I wasn't one to bash Gillis in the first place so I already "thanked" him a couple years ago for a good and necessary move for a quality prospect.

Im sure I'm guilty of over simplifying but wouldn't using points as the only measure of a first line centre be somewhat shortsighted? IMO the first line center is the center who averages the most ice time for his team. Ice time equals value to the team.

Yes, it's not "just" points. The 1C on a given team is that player who is considered the most valuable and thus gets the most icetime -- typically that also means the one with the best offensive production, so they should most-often correspond.

Going to pre-reference this with , I am a big fan of Horvat . As well as very happy with his current play . But does anyone think there was an offer for calgary's 6th on the table for schneider ? If so I believe I would have been okay with moving him to Calgary , Considering the state of their team on the decline . All said and done , I would prefer Monahan over Horvat .

Cory prevents Bo from becoming the first Canuck rookie since Pavel Bure to get a point in 6 straight games but..

Was it just me, or did it look like Bo REALLY wanted to score a goal on Cory :lol:

He was trying to snipe some shots from well out that he normally doesn't take (maybe fatigue a factor)

Damn you Canucks Twitter for jinxing Bo's point streak (and Kassian's hat trick) :P

Edited by Dasein

A whopping 17:30 mins tonight! Wow, can't wait to see where he is at by the end of the season. I was looking at a comparable of Richardson the other day, and he is almost on par with Richardson in most categories. He has caught him quicker than I had hoped. Great rookie season so far!!

Hate to be a Downer but has anyone else notice Horvat is -5 on the season and -7 in this last 10 games? COuld be a result of those weak goals, but just though I would point that out

More to do with our defense. He played against tougher competition too and more minutes. Also, I think four of those minus were Hamhuis giveaways.

Edited by Shiftynifty
  • Upvote 2

A whopping 17:30 mins tonight! Wow, can't wait to see where he is at by the end of the season. I was looking at a comparable of Richardson the other day, and he is almost on par with Richardson in most categories. He has caught him quicker than I had hoped. Great rookie season so far!!

His and the Sedin line were the only two doing anything tonight.

Hate to be a Downer but has anyone else notice Horvat is -5 on the season and -7 in this last 10 games? COuld be a result of those weak goals, but just though I would point that out

Yeah, they're getting scored on a lot but it's not particularly his fault on most if not all of them.

His ice time is more a WD grasping for a C who can win FO's at both ends of the ice. Canucks did not start winning draws until it was to late. I thought Matthias got TOI shafted the last two games.

I don't want Horvat's season to go off the rails with offensive expectations. Let him play his 13-15 minutes not +17. His line seemed off last night but then the whole team did as well.

Going to pre-reference this with , I am a big fan of Horvat . As well as very happy with his current play . But does anyone think there was an offer for calgary's 6th on the table for schneider ? If so I believe I would have been okay with moving him to Calgary , Considering the state of their team on the decline . All said and done , I would prefer Monahan over Horvat .

Why do you think there was? First I've ever heard of that. I've heard Edmonton was in the mix but that was only rumours and they never offered their top pick. Monahan would be nice but Horvat is good too. Also, 'state of their team on the decline'? I'd say Calgary's on the rise. Monohan, Goudreau, Bennett. Burke is bringing that team places.