The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

really happy to see Bo doing so well recently. he's on pace for 30-35 points this season at his current pace. if he goes any hotter. he could easily hit 40 points. but I'd be happy for Bo to finish his second season with 30 points. he can build on that next season. maybe 40-45 points in his third season in the league. but he's on pace to finish at his current pace, at 15 goals. which would eclipse his best of 13 from last year as a rookie. good for him. 

Baer on a side note. is looking to finish at 30 pts. 14 goals and 16 assists at his current pace. not bad for a guy everyone thought was gonna be a wash at the earlier part of this season. 

I was one of those questioning whether Baer would stick. I thought he would get 40 games and he started playing a better game before the 40. He is definitely not playing the same game he was. Last night in the Canes game it looked like he was actually looking for contact. He was bumping guys regularly in puck battles. He seems even faster as well.  

16 hours ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Bringing this back. Watermelon got it right.

I believe most people weren't upset at the trade per se (although probably better to have kept Schneider instead of Luongo... but that's a different thread)... just many felt the returns could have been better.

I think the expectation was at least 1st rounder plus prospect.  Considering the Oilers were rumoured to have offered the #7 and perhaps Klefbom, MG's asset management was poor.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

I believe most people weren't upset at the trade per se (although probably better to have kept Schneider instead of Luongo... but that's a different thread)... just many felt the returns could have been better.

I think the expectation was at least 1st rounder plus prospect.  Considering the Oilers were rumoured to have offered the #7 and perhaps Klefbom, MG's asset management was poor.

I wasn't upset, but I did want Nichuskin. 

But now, I'll take my Horvats. Bo-lieve in the Horvats.

1 hour ago, Lancaster said:

I wanted to us to draft Nichuskin but wasn't mad we picked Horvat, I was more pissed that we only got 9th OA considering, as you said, Oilers offer was huge but on the other hand I get that we traded Schneids to NJ because EDM is a divisional rival. 

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tanti would eat up today's NHL. Never see him associated with the Alumni which is disappointing.  

I remember reading about him being super busy with his tile company, which supplies a lot of the condo buildings under construction in the Lower Mainland. I think he made some kind of business connection after his career ended with Bosa, who I've also heard mentioned gave Luigi Aq his first job.

Hence, Tanti has no time to play for the Alumni.

Edited by rizzuto&hatoum
to finish off post

5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

You can't claim poor asset management when you can't prove what the Oilers' offer was.

46 minutes ago, CANUCK-EXPRESS said:

Dreger said 1st round pick (7th OA), 2nd rd pick and a top prospect. He could be right or wrong.

Gillis wtf.

Just kidding. I'll take my Horvat.

6 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Playing Schneider backed Oilers would not be fun at all. I think MG's asset management was poor but it's good that he didn't trade Schneider to Edmonton.

On 6/30/2013 at 4:17 PM, Plum said:

Nichuskin>Harvat

2015-2016

Nichuskin GP42 G6 A9 P15

"Harvat" GP45 G8 A11 P19

This with Horvat playing as our top Defensive center and not being on super power offense like the Stars. Its a wonder why people stopped making these comparisons 

1 minute ago, hatedkid666 said:

2015-2016

Nichuskin GP42 G6 A9 P15

"Harvat" GP45 G8 A11 P19

This with Horvat playing as our top Defensive center and not being on super power offense like the Stars. Its a wonder why people stopped making these comparisons 

Plus Nichushkin has played with Benn and Seguin at times.

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I was one of those questioning whether Baer would stick. I thought he would get 40 games and he started playing a better game before the 40. He is definitely not playing the same game he was. Last night in the Canes game it looked like he was actually looking for contact. He was bumping guys regularly in puck battles. He seems even faster as well.  

Yeah. I had my doubts as well in the beginning of the season when Baer wasn't showing much. But I'm glad he proved me wrong. And I'm glad he's showing that he's proving to be a top six player for this team. He's on pace for 30 points, which is a decent season, for his first full season. Let's hope he continues to work hard in the off-season, and come back with an even stronger season. I'm expecting him to break 20 goals next year, since he's on pace for 14. He's getting more comfortable for sure.