The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat | #53 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Finishes the season with 82GP - 27G - 61pts - 20:50 TOI.  Won 53.7% of his faceoffs despite taking a league leading 2,018 draws.  Barkov, who took the second most faceoffs in the NHL, had 1,939 draws, or 79 fewer than Horvat.  Can't wait to see Bo wear the flying skate jersey with a C on it, just like Linden. 

No doubt they'll decide on him as captain this summer (if they haven't already) and have it as the worst kept secret in NHL history until the start of the season (home opener, if that's our first game).

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, Zoolander said:

Can we appreciate for a moment that Bo cracked 60pts as a 23 year. After taking the most face offs in the league.

AND HE'S STILL ONLY THE 3RD BEST FORWARD ON THE TEAM

Right now Horvat is the best forward on the team. 

I expect EP to be the best in a year or two but this past season it was Horvat. 

You have to consider all aspects of the game. Ep40 will be better soon tho. 

19 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Right now Horvat is the best forward on the team. 

If you are looking at the complete game, I would agree.  Pettersson was our best player offensively, and he can actually hold his own defensively as well but he is obviously not as heavy on the opposition and his faceoffs need to improve. Once he puts on some strength he will be instoppable. But Horvat really has it all. Put him with consistent and talented wingers and I wouldn't be surprised to see him nearing a point a game.  In fact, at this point I would be surprised if he DIDN'T get that good. Which is amazing, since I honestly thought his ceiling was as a high end 2c.

Horvat's contract is looking better all the time.  In a couple of years it will be an absolute steal.

• Upvote 1

One more old time comparable for the current Canucks core.  Did Petey as Jean Ratelle did Brock as Frank Mahovalich and did Quinn as Phil Housley in their threads. For Bo it's a little tough. Under appreciated center with Captain attributes and undeniable drive. 

Ivan Boldirev comes to mind. 6 foot 190. Played 15 years with Chicago Vancouver and several others. 866 points in 1052 games.  Very solid guy. Still under appreciated lol.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bo needs to be weened off the PK. He's more than that I don't want him to be another Malhotra. He has more to offer IMHO. 

Probably would have seen less PK/Dzone time with a healthier Sutter this past season. Pretty sure that was the plan in fact.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bo needs to be weened off the PK. He's more than that I don't want him to be another Malhotra. He has more to offer IMHO. 

Don't mind Horvat taking defensive draws/pking at all (as long as he's capable). Lots of top players around the league do it. 

Marchand and Bergeron are Boston's top option on the penalty kill. 

O'Reilly and Steen are St. Louis' top option on the penalty kill. 

Seguin is a 3rd option on Dallas' pk. 

Atkinson and Anderson play on Columbus' pk.

And so on. 

The more you shelter your top six players, the more they get exposed in the playoffs. Developing Pettersson and Horvat into strong two way guys is ideal. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Don't mind Horvat taking defensive draws/pking at all (as long as he's capable). Lots of top players around the league do it. 

Marchand and Bergeron are Boston's top option on the penalty kill. 

O'Reilly and Steen are St. Louis' top option on the penalty kill. 

Seguin is a 3rd option on Dallas' pk. 

Atkinson and Anderson play on Columbus' pk.

And so on. 

The more you shelter your top six players, the more they get exposed in the playoffs. Developing Pettersson and Horvat into strong two way guys is ideal. 

I agree, though I'd prefer him to take 2nd unit minutes to keep him fresher for offense. 

• Upvote 2